alternitive medicine: average people playing doctor
Posted by: nativeflower ()
Date: June 18, 2005 06:43AM

well I have noticed a major increase of herbs, meditation, and chiropracty

this worries me because ...1 herbs are not conroled and tested for side effects like drugs are ..some are just as bad or worse than drugs

A friend of my mom's developed strange autoimunne problems..she was negitive for aids/hiv but doctors were dumbfounded as to why she was getting worse and worse....come to find out...she has been taking echinasia for 3 years prior the onset....echinasia is an herb that increases imune function...but is to be used only when a person has a cold or other crisis of imunity. she was taking it non stop..My mom found out and told her stop taking it...her mysteriuos illness cleared up in 2 weeks

My friend married a man who is reaaly iunto alternitive medicine
her baby was born with spinal bifilda and she has not seen a doctor since she left the hospital after her birth..The father is sending her ..a 9 month old baby to a chiropractor for things like, fever, earaches..etc etc and she is recieving no medical care for her condition. she has not crawled or even sat up on her own at 9 months old

My good friend has schizoprenia and her land lord is way into herbs and shit and has been trying to get her to quit taking her medicine and go on herbal treatments...while she the land lord seems to be having the some disease my mom friend has from echinasia

anouther fact

marijuana is an herb..used is small doses is a great pain releaver however in large doses causes brain injury
cocaine is an herb....taken from the coco plant..we all know about its side effects
crack devrived from cocaine..however it is soo adictive that one try and a person id hooked..because it releases the chemicals that produce the feeling of true love..very addictive to those from dysfuntional families. however the high is sort term and so addictive that the person will starve, steal, prostitute and even kill for the next hit..and again is a natraul substance

the "magic mushroom" or "shrooms" are comepletely natrual....however deadly ..the high is is a form of deleria caused by brain injury

The saying used by these people is that herbs are natrual...pharmacy drugs are man made chemicals...not true many pharmacy drugs are devrived from plants and nature....and are also more tighly regulated with dirrections for use. Herbs are not conrtoled or tested or regulated and are despenced like freakin candy and are just as dangerous some times more so

Please be warned of these dangers
I know that drug compnaies make medicine so hard to come by
however if you choose to use an herb..do so with caution and investigate it online as much as possible..some cause side effects that take a long time to appear but like echinasia are very hazardous to onse health

JoAnne

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.