Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: 2012 Fear Driven Bullshit--lets keep this topic open!
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: December 30, 2011 10:54AM

Let us honor the departed imps of years past.

Joe Bob Briggs. Expert on drive in movie theaters. Friend to Dr. Hunter S. Thompson.

Friends did you know that Joe Bob became an important figure in the Men's Movement?

Iron Joe Bob.

And he writes horrorscopes--excuse us, horoscopes.

245-247 Check 'em out.

[books.google.com]

[books.google.com]

[books.google.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: December 30, 2011 11:03AM

Finally, for this coming year, bench press the First Amendment.

If you dont want to be hit on by new agers or anti scientific method folks, look for a phrase that speaks to your condtion. Google it. Someone may just have a T shirt or coffee cup for your.

I saw a fellow on the street wearing a 'Science Works Bitches' T-shirt.

There's the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. (You can include your love of pirates here)

Or you can custom make your own T-shirt.

Posted by: walter1963 ()
Date: December 30, 2011 02:24PM

Fear sells a lot of things.

Remember the Y2K scare where you had certain self-appointed computer gurus telling everyone their computers would cease working on Jan 1 2000? And these same people were also selling survival goods and real-estate in Belize.

Before them were the "survivalist movement" which oddly came about after the Mad Max movies. And here again there were promoters of fear and terror doing everything possible to goad people into buying their goods.

Attend any large martial arts school that sells self-defense lessons and they'll scare the pants off you that if you don't sign up today for lessons some thug will roll you tonite. Of course they won't tell about FBI statistics that tell a totally different story. And yeah the Martial arts field is full of cults and lunatics just like the New Age movement is.

And now we have the 2012 scare(how come it's always even numbered years and not odd numbered ones?)

Funny how all the fear mongers have a commercial angle.

Though there are some who just want to set themselves as authoritarian gurus.

Date: December 30, 2011 11:29PM

Empire of Fear--Church Universal and Triumphant--Elizabeth Clare Prophet

[webcache.googleusercontent.com]

Posted by: dwest ()
Date: January 01, 2012 06:22PM

corboy
Let us honor the departed imps of years past.

Joe Bob Briggs. Expert on drive in movie theaters. Friend to Dr. Hunter S. Thompson.

Friends did you know that Joe Bob became an important figure in the Men's Movement?

Iron Joe Bob.

And he writes horrorscopes--excuse us, horoscopes.

245-247 Check 'em out.

[books.google.com]

[books.google.com]

[books.google.com]

Those are funny. "CBS is going to offer you a sitcom" LOL. He's a great satirist.

As for 2012, it already reminds me of the Y2K fiasco. I've seen people going off on how they are "Indigo" people. I thought that went out in the 90s but it seems to being making a resurgence.

This is going to be an interesting year for those of us that are interested in cults.

Posted by: Brynhild Tudor ()
Date: January 06, 2012 10:18PM

How happy I am to be completely out of the new-age, new-thought, human-potential, pop-psychology, self-hel0/improvement, personal/spiritual growth/development movements now and see them all for what they are! How glad I am to recognize the various psychological methods/techniques for what they are also.

Someone asked what other year new-agers will use after 2012 is over. Here is an article I believed when I was involved in the movement, and it is a very subtle "be afraid, be very afraid" message but of course the author puts a positive spin on it by telling everyone to be optimistic and take fear-mongering with a grain of salt while simultaneously reminding people of the consequences if earth doesn't awaken. Reminds me of the JWs. It's still fear no matter how you slice it. Psychological double-talk.

Here's the article. When nothing happens in 2012, the other planned dates for this author are 2017 and 2030, along with another survival book.

[salrachele.com]

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: January 07, 2012 01:28AM

Me, I really like the "Join me for some post-Rapture looting" T-shirts.

Posted by: grainne uaile ()
Date: January 07, 2012 03:54AM

Best to celebrate Christmas early so that you can still get gifts.

The Jehovah's Witnesses once had the date of the end in 1975. It didn't happen, and so many in their faith left the organization. I was sorry that my best friend had not left because she still can't talk with me. After that date failed I no longer believed in end time dates.

Posted by: shamela ()
Date: January 15, 2012 11:57PM

World War II was supposed to happen in 1963 according to Paul Brunton, Jeffrey Masson's father's guru.

His disciples moved to Uruguay which he said was the safest spot. He himself went to New Zealand.

Some of the disciples suffered serious financial setbacks because of the move. Others had a good time in South America. All were disillusioned.

Some learned from this experince. Othes sought "better" gurus.

Ho-hum.

Some very severe economic events will happen in 2012. They are the result of a long series of actions related to deregulation. They are not cosmic. Concrete actions need to be taken by citizens to correct economic abuses.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.