the Abraham Hicks show is crumbling!
Posted by: Brynhild Tudor ()
Date: August 21, 2011 03:47PM

Apparently, Jerry Hicks now has Leukemia and is undergoing a 28-day chemotherapy regime.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: the Abraham Hicks show is crumbling!
Posted by: good enough ()
Date: December 08, 2011 01:50AM

It seems Jerry Hicks has died, presumably from leukaemia on November 18th.

Last summer after coming across many references to Esther and Jerry Hicks I forced myself to sit through one of their tapes from the public library. It was amateur all the way and very disturbing. Why has anyone been taking these people seriously? Even if their intentions were coming from a good place all along (which I seriously doubt), why isn't anyone questioning the sanity of someone claiming to be channelling this nonsense?

It's been awhile since I saw the DVD, but I'm pretty sure there was some comment made by "Abraham" about the ability of humans to live well past 100. While I haven't come across info stating Jerry's age when he died, I'd be willing to bet that he died well before reaching 100.

Today's daily LOA quotation on the Abraham/Hicks site is all about lying. I love the following line: "the motive behind lying is usually a pretty honorable motive." So if I come up with a lie about channelling the dead (all of them wise, of course, because they're dead) and my motive is to take $$$ from gullible people, then where's the honour in that? Oh wait, being able to afford a nice lifestyle while taking you for a ride makes it all okay. It's all rather sickening.

Here is the quotation in its entirety:

Daily Law of Attraction Quotation If you feel drawn to someone, but you are annoyed because you think that they are telling you some lies, try to look beyond the lies and try to focus upon the feeling. People offer all kinds of words for all kinds of different reasons. Most lies are offered to try to keep things in alignment. We're not encouraging it, but the motive behind lying is usually a pretty honorable motive. In other words, when a child lies to their parents, it's usually because they want to be free to do what they want to do, and they don't want their parents to be upset about it. It's about wanting an alignment. Physical ears have a hard time hearing this. You keep talking about "We need to be honest." And we say, we don't meet any of you who are honest. Even those who claim to be the most virtuous, are not honest, but your vibration always is. We would trust the feeling more than the words. --- Abraham Excerpted from the workshop in Houston, TX on Saturday, January 13th, 2001

Date: December 08, 2011 11:15PM

So in spite of the LOA "you can think yourself well" mantra, Jerry Hicks turned to medicine for help. Why LOA, Hicks/Abraham followers didn't raise eyebrows is astounding.

[kyrasdiary.blogspot.com]

Oprah (a big promoter of all things New Wage, including The Secret/LOA) also sought medical treatment for her thyroid issues. Seems she couldn't think herself well or thin. These people are such hypocrites and yet people continue to idolize them.

[www.oprah.com]

When Jerry & Esther Hicks admitted he had "a treatable form of leukaemia" on their site (November, 1st, 2011), they used that same update for their "friends" to shill more products. These people are unbelievably opportunistic; they have no shame. He died not long after their announcement on November 18th.

While it's considered to be in bad taste to speak ill of the dead, the truth needs to be exposed for what it is.

Law of Attraction BLOG — by Jerry and Esther Hicks
Update from Jerry and Esther, New Vortex Videos and Vortex Series DVD Releases

Dear Friends,

Thank you so much for all your well-wishes regarding Jerry’s health that have poured into the office. As many of you realize, we have been following Abraham’s advice not to give undue attention to that which we don’t prefer by not speaking about the situation publicly. Given the apparent distress that our silence on the subject has been causing some of you, we felt it was time to briefly let you know how Jerry is doing. He is, as Abraham has always said about all of us, doing extremely well.

Since we shared in our May 25th blog entry that an exaggerated white blood cell count discovered after a spider bite prompted Jerry to begin a course of chemotherapy, most of you instantly understood that this meant cancer. In fact, the official diagnosis given was a treatable form of leukemia. After enjoying remarkable health nearly his entire lifetime, Jerry decided to downplay the diagnosis, but still give his full attention to this physical manifestation of previously unrecognized resistance – via a dual approach of cleaning up his vibration on certain subjects, while also availing himself of what modern medicine has to offer, just as Abraham has always advised. This prompted us to cut back on our intensive touring schedule and embark on a remarkable journey that has been the most powerful of our lives together.

At the moment this journey continues, and both Jerry and I are feeling better than ever as we practice Abraham’s teachings to focus on elevating our moods apart from the circumstances. So when thinking about us please do not be distressed, since no matter what the apparent evidence is of any situation, really and truly "All Is Well."

Meanwhile, our wonderful staff has continued working on several exciting initiatives concerning new ways to share Abraham’s Teachings, including – we are happy to announce – the release of two new DVD products. The first of these is the next entry in our Special Subject DVD series, entitled "Beyond the 12 Steps: Breaking Free of Addiction". This video program focuses on leading edge techniques to release habitual behavior, and features what some have told us they feel is one of the most remarkable segments ever spoken by Abraham in a workshop – their giving of "A New 12 Steps" to complement and expand on the established program to treat addictions.

The second DVD is actually a 3-DVD set, the fourth episode in our ongoing "Vortex of Attraction" series, each of which features most of a single extraordinary workshop. This episode is entitled "Hooked On The Vortex: Creating Your Reality by Creating Your Mood" and runs over 3 1/2 hours. The program includes wonderful segments on "Contrast Creates Expansion", "The Value in Not Seeking Reality", and what to do if an "Oncologist Causes Fear". Apart from the amusing juxtaposition of the titles of these two powerful video programs, the information they contain also seems quite timely, is it not? Law of Attraction continues to amaze us in its playful perfection.

Finally, as always, we celebrate the occasion of these DVD releases by sharing with our friends two new free videos on our website. The first, excerpted from "Beyond the 12 Steps" is entitled "Abraham Explains How Esther Got Sick" and features a dialog with Jerry about why Esther was almost losing her voice during that workshop where she spoke some of the most remarkable words ever to come from Abraham. For those wanting to understand more how those practicing Abraham’s teachings can still occasionally find themselves surprised by unwanted physical manifestations, this video provides clarity.

The second video is excerpted from "Hooked On The Vortex" and is entitled "Weird Is The New Normal". In it, Abraham also discusses resistance and bodily manifestations, provides an amusing account of Esther’s early experiences speaking for Abraham, and highlights the value of one of their most frequent recommendations – which is to not give "a rip" what others think. We look forward to seeing you all again in person soon.

There is great love here for you,
Jerry & Esther

Date: December 10, 2011 02:50AM

It never ceases to amaze me how people who consider themselves to be enlightened spiritual beings will put down anyone who disagrees as not being ready for the message. These self-annointed gurus yack on and on about the "ego" (other people's egos or people who aren't willing to follow along like good sheep), while their own ego is out there front and centre. Trolle does it, sorry, Eckhart Tolle.

Here's an example of someone doing just that (putting down skeptics), while writing about Jerry Hick's illness:

[www.wisdom-of-spirit.com]

Meanwhile, Joe Vitale reassured readers that Jerry's death proves that the LOA works. Of course! He was one of the cast of liars on The Secret and has a vested interest in people buying more of his DVDs, etc. He's got a business and a lifestyle to protect.

Abraham taught you’d always have challenges. As soon as you resolved one issue, you’d attract another. Welcome to the human experience. This doesn’t mean the Law of Attraction doesn’t work. It means it does work. You always get what you unconsciously believe and expect. (Re-read that.) Jerry once told Esther he’d probably depart before her, which proves he had a belief in dying, and maybe a belief in a particular way of passing on.

For more of Joe's long winded tribute to Jerry:

[blog.mrfire.com]

Date: December 11, 2011 03:58AM

The following blog has all kinds of proof about the scummy, mean-spirited behaviour by these people and their efforts to keep things going despite Jerry's health problems and his resulting death.

[www.squidoo.com]

And if you're still looking for Christmas and Hanukkah gifts, the blog is selling "I Survived Esther Hicks and Abraham" T-shirts.

Date: December 13, 2011 02:00AM

I didn't realize when I started adding posts to this thread that another one had been started some time ago re. Abraham and the Hicks.

Here's the link for anyone who is interested:

[forum.culteducation.com]

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: December 13, 2011 05:05AM

yep, its crumbling all right--just not fast enough.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.