the Church Growth Movement
Posted by: samp ()
Date: May 31, 2005 12:10PM

Does anyone know of any information concerning the negative affects of the Church Growth Movement on Christians?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: nativeflower ()
Date: June 18, 2005 07:09AM

I asume you are talking about "evangelim"????

if not clarify please?

JoAnne

Posted by: samp ()
Date: July 27, 2005 07:57AM

Sorry for taking so long to reply. I thought no one was going to answer, so I didn't come back for a while. The Church Growth Movement is when a church focuses excessively on methods that bring about Church Growth. The pastor and leadership travel to other churches with thousands of members to find out how they do it. Then they come back to their own church and copy their methods. They also seek to recruit leaders of other churches (youth pastors, children's church pastors, etc) who they believe will help their churches grow, by offering them higher pay. David Wilkerson mentioned this in one of his sermons:

"I'm amazed and perplexed by the scores of ministers, both young and old, who run all over the world looking for strategies to produce growth in their churches. Today, many preachers attend seminars, conventions and "think tanks," where young ministry professionals use charts and polls to show them how to build larger churches. Other ministers flock to "revivals," hoping to learn new methods of how to have the Holy Ghost fall on their congregations. "

I have attended some churches like this. They are breeding grounds for abuse. I found a good article by someone who was in one of these churches on the internet: [www.rateitall.com] I was hoping I could find other people who've left these kinds of churches and can testify to the problems they cause.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.