Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Amma Amritanandamayi Org Erase Evidence to Sex Abuser Taavi Kassila
Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: July 30, 2011 03:23AM

The impression is that Amma's organization care more about money than human lives.

I read quite a detailed summary of Amma organisation thuggery some years ago, with a number of suspicious deaths of people who had fallen from favour--as well as the usual beatings and ganster style intimidation. It sounds similar to the critical book that caused such problems some years ago.
I will try to find it again to post.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: July 30, 2011 08:06AM

Mother's love...

[www.google.com]

-----
Search ResultsGuruphiliac: Amma Vs. Green Ave: Mommy Is Deaf
guruphiliac.blogspot.com/.../amma-vs-green-ave-giant-is-deaf.html - CachedSimilar
Jul 12, 2007 – I was mad at you for posting all of this stuff about Mommy, Amma, .... to report the disillusioning facts from Green Street, New Delhi. ...

Guruphiliac: Very Minor Victory For Amma-Violence Victims
guruphiliac.blogspot.com/.../very-minor-victory-for-amma-violence... - CachedAug 17, 2007 – But for one small direction board to the Amma Ashram, all the ... men of the Delhi Mata Amritanandmai Ashram and nothing untoward ... Whaddya wanna bet that some modest response was made on behalf of the Green Street, residents, ... the photos of injured bodies due to violent beatings, Amma being ...

Guruphiliac: Some Pictures Of Amma's Love
guruphiliac.blogspot.com/2007/.../some-pictures-of-ammas-love.ht... - CachedSimilar
Jul 9, 2007 – A look at the effect Amma's love after her goons beat some of the residents of the Green Avenue neighborhood in New Delhi, India. ... People will go so far as to claim that the bruised bodies of the Green Street residence are all mere illusion ... certainly they can get away with a beating or two. ...
Thanks for the Free Publicity, “Cult Of The Hugging Saint” Exposed ...

www.feelgoodgirl.com/node/444 - CachedSimilar
Jul 11, 2009 – So after my post here on Amma, these guys must have wasted not just .... look at the green avenue beatings, for one. the ex-amma group has to be .... people like Stephanie and beat people up on Green Street in Delhi. ...

Cult Education Forum :: Large Group Awareness Training, "Human ...
forum.culteducation.com/read.php?4,73400 - Cached5 posts - 2 authors - Last post: Jun 29, 2009
Those connected to the religious group which follows Amma, ... of the hugging saint, also known as Amma or Mata Amritanandamayi. ..... Whaddya wanna bet that some modest response was made on behalf of the Green Street, residents, ... the photos of injured bodies due to violent beatings, Amma being ...
Get more discussion results

Taavi Kassila Media Articles Suspiciously Removed Before Legal Case
Date: June 13, 2013 09:10PM

Suspiciously timed with the Taavi Kassila sex scandal legal prosecution case, two Finnish media articles in which Taavi Kassila claimed to have renounced the world, sex and his home country of Finland in 2008 have been removed from the Internet.

The articles titled "Taavi Kassila: Selibaatti kohottaa tietoisuuden tasoa (Celibacy Raises Your Level Of Consciousness - Studio55)" and "Taavi Kassila: Tämän vuoksi selibaatti kannattaa (That Is Why Celibacy Is Worth It - MTV3)" can still be found on search engines. A copy of "Taavi Kassila: Selibaatti kohottaa tietoisuuden tasoa" exists on an Internet forum - but could be removed at any time by Kassila's enablers. Taavi Kassila seems to be covering his tracks and shredding evidence which could be valuable to the criminal investigators.

In the articles, Taavi Kassila claims that he is celibate and left Finland in 2008 to live in the India in the ashram of controversial billionaire guru, Amma Amritanandamayi. Corruption and violence within the Amma worshiping cult has been exposed by the media including "Amma: The Hugging Saint" by famous investigative journalist, David Amsden in Rolling Stone magazine

Amma and 'Rishi' Taavi Kassila are involved in threatening actions against individuals who have exposed the fraudulent, hypocritical and abusive nature of the Amma cult.

Kassila, who has used Amma cult lawyer, Kirsi Pettersson, is executing a threatening legal action against a former girlfriend who revealed that Taavi Kassila is not celibate but is instead an unfaithful liar who seduces teenage girls and is suspected of spreading herpes. Her blog "Tarina rakkauden apostoli (Story of Love's Apostle)" published the testimony of teenage girl who Taavi Kassila attempted to seduce while visiting her mother's home on the pretext of delivering an Amma video. Kassila has not denied this claim but is fighting the herpes accusation (herpes lives forever inside its infected host but can only be detected when open sores appear).

Taavi Kassila is not celibate. He appears to merely visit India but not permanently reside there. Have the "celibacy" articles been removed because they prove that 'Rishi' Taavi Kassila is dishonest?

The Amma cult removed over 35 webpages which named TK as their lifelong honorary chairman, media contact and main meditation instructor within the Finnish Amma branch. Amma then made a public statement which deceptively implied that she did not know the Kassila, the man she named 'Rishi', who made a documentary about her, arranged her visits to Finland and followed her on tour around the world. Deception and cover-up typify criminal activity and the controversial cult of Amma Amritanandamayi.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: June 14, 2013 03:49AM

For some variety...Amrita University

Amma’s Multifaceted Empire, Built on Hugs

[www.nytimes.com]

Amrita University has 17,000 students, who pay tuition that is much higher than that of state-run schools. Critics complain that the university caters mainly to the wealthy, and to a great extent it does, but it’s hard to argue with the school’s success. Its medical school is generally well regarded, and Amrita also offers a dual-degree program in business with the State University of New York at Buffalo.

Some others commented here

Now..From a former student. A variety of perspectives in the comments that follow--Corboy)

[www.complaintsboard.com]

This is the time of the year when senior officials (I would call them sharks) of so-called ‘leading universities’ in India visit the Gulf to lure students to their institutions, and I am writing this as a warning to parents before they shell out huge amounts of money for admission.

I will narrate my story here. Four years ago, the director, international relations, of a Amrita University, Ettimadi, Coimbatore, India, which has campuses in Kerala and Karnataka, visited Muscat scouting for students. I met him at an Indian school in Dubai and paid the Rs 700, 000 he demanded for my son’s admission in the university’s engineering (IT branch) college.

Initially, I was reluctant to pay such a big sum, but he said: ‘You
have to decide fast, because there are hundreds in the queue’. He also boasted that ‘not a single student who graduated from our university remains unemployed’, and listed the names all the top IT companies who visited his university for on-campus recruitment every year.

Ultimately, because I had no other option at the time, I paid. I am repenting now. For so many reasons.

First, this ‘great’ university has discontinued its IT course! So much for campus selection.

Second, I found out that the teaching standards are sub-standard, to say the least. Most of the teachers are fresh engineering graduates without any experience and don’t even speak correct English (forget about good English). Half the time they conduct classes in Tamil. Any student who dares to request a clarification is insulted in front of the entire class. Once during a visit there, I mentioned this to this gentleman, the Director, International Relations. His answer was: ‘Well, you bring good teachers, we are prepared to pay them Rs100, 000 a month… We are trying, but we don’t get properly qualified teachers!’

Third, the atmosphere on the campus is oppressive. The teaching staff and administration officials misbehave with students for the slightest of reasons. They insult and abuse students openly, totally demoralising them. In fact, students are scared of the staff and don’t speak out openly.

Fourth, the conditions in the hostels are deplorable, particularly in relation to food served to inmates. Most students are forced to eat at the canteens within the campus, paying exorbitant prices. The parents, thus, end up paying the mess fees plus the canteen expenses!

After my visit to the university, I discovered that this is a very cleverly planned trick, in the sense that the university makes huge profits from leasing out the canteens. I counted at least four sprawling canteens, all crowded all the time, and two more were under construction. Thus the reason for the poor quality food in the hostel mess becomes obvious.

I write this letter to caution parents to be vigilant. Please do not pay any money unless and until you make your own investigations about the university/college where you are planning to admit your children. Don’t be duped by the big-name institutions

Comments

Comments

th of Aug, 2011 by unholy ASE

+1 Votes

i am an ex student of this so called prestigious institution..i have read all the comments posted above..all the things that some have trademarked as bad are indeed true and i have seen and have had to endure it over there.. one of my faculty never liked people who joined in nri quota, so people like me( a nri student) had to face his taunts .. and if we retort in a respectful way also, there, that instant, u have an arrear .. no use watsoever after dat..an instance, when we found worms in the gobi curry they served us, we gave a complaint, no action, still the same result. then we conducted a strike by not ewating mess food, they call us and tell us to eat bcos there are many ppeople in the world who do not get a single meal a day, wat bloody reply is dat?? we pay such a huge amount of money for the mess food adn they reply like this??the only thing i gained fromthat unholy college is friends.. dats all..

18th of Aug, 2011 by ekatma

i am a pass out from amrita vishwa vidyapeetham this year and i totally dis agree to what has been spread until now..IT department was taken out from most of the colleges now..but amrita didnt just dissolve the branch..they just didnt take any freshers for IT from the next year...and everybody in the IT dept gets placed..if not, its bcase of thier poor grades...in coimbatore no other colleges gives placements like amrita..Being a Mechanical Student i am proud to sat that there Was 100 % placement in my batch as well as in my seniors batch..placement depends upon the ability of the students and not that of the college..college gives you the chance and you have to prove yourself.

As for the mess food...it provides a variety of south indian dishes that tastes good.. my parents loved the food there...its faaar better than any other colleges in coimbatore..

The teaching staffs, yes few of them are freshers...but most of them are good enough for the subject that they take..if you dont like them u can always complain to the higher officials and they would do smthin abt it..and most of them speak proper english...

And Dont tell me students arent treated well...the hostels are way better than other colleges.it is kept neat and clean daily...visit any toilet in a hostel and u will see for your self..they clean it everyday in the mornin after the students leave for college..

the 'Students WELfare" actually does its purpose... nobady just realizes it..any complaint by the students is taken in2 account and action is taken with immdte effct...i know so coz i hav been there a hell lot of times...but they try to solve the disputes taking into consideration both sides...and yea you walk outside with a gal at 9 and they find u in a place where u r not supposed to be..they would scold you...other colleges they wouldnt mind..but they have a reputation to keep...

the syllabus is as the same as in most of the colleges in india and they update every 2 yrs..so dont brag about it..

my friends from other colleges like PSG, NIT TRICHY ...they have cme to my college and loved its beaty and the treatment so much...and i have seen their hostels also...where there is no warden and guys jus smoke and weed there..all the above students who supported this bullshit post must have had problems weedin or smokin and they just put their anger here...grow up!!!

and last to the ex-student...what you are now is because of amrita...it has served u like a mother scolded you like a father...you had ur fun and festivals there...a unity within the students that people admire.. every college has their back drops...even people have...dont judge by that itself..and AMRITA is the most fastest growing institution in south now..it has become what it is with a few years..and where ever you go in this world...you vil gain respect coz you belong to the amrita family...be proud.. dont jus brag about your family on sites... grow up!!!

EKATMA...( all ma ekatmain friends please support what i have said to preserve the purity and mostly to what we all now miss and cherish, a gr8 college life)
OM amriteshwariyaye nama!!

21st of Aug, 2011 by bcb7

-1 Votes
I completely disagree with this post !!!

Your kid did not get a placement ??? ... Could you please post your son/ daughters grades ???
I am a passed out of Amrita and I had multiple offers, my batch had 100 % placements, in fact lot of us had multiple offers

I am from EEE dept. and our dept had some of the best faculty... I am sure who ever wrote this post does not have any clue about other colleges in India. Amrita is one of the best colleges in TN.

Please refrain on making such general statements about the University !!!

22nd of Aug, 2011 by Badri Krishnan

+1 Votes

Funny article.. i dont understand why the author gets so whiny about the whole system/university cos of her son's inability to get placed/ get accustomed to the kind of food.. Firstly, if ur son was so deserving, why did u end up with Amrita? You could have chosen some other university that was "blessed" to teach ur son.. Talk abt placements, its all abt skill.. not the university.. 5 pointers get placed in two companies.. 8 pointers pass out without any job.. we have seen it all.. its sheer skill.. and of course, if the market is bad, univ cant use a magic wand and get ur son a job..

Talking about food.. no university can provide "mama's food".. ppl should get used to it.. comparitively amrita food is very hygenic when compared to most of the universities in kerala and tamil nadu.. Mind you, I am talking abt hygeine and not taste.. So, ur boy should stop whining, clear all arrears and come out and find a job for himself.. and may be cook his own food while working..

25th of Aug, 2011 by Shivaram K V

0 Votes

I myself is an alumni of amrita. The statements are true to an extent. But i dont find its so bad so as to file a complaint. My friends get food daily from outside through day scholars and also during sundays, we go out and eat. I agree the cost of education is high. But if u focus on the education perfectly you can reap the benefits which is much more than what you expect(experience!). The hostel is very clean and hygenic. They clean the bathrooms and hostel premises daily. Food is served hot. I never had any physical disorder because of that, for that matter none of my mates dint have any of that kind. Those who have food from outside(dhabas and all) often end up in the bathroom or clinic. So what i mean is

Be simple. Be human. Be good. Be amritian.

10th of Sep, 2011 by A JOHN

0 Votes
Why this type opinions are coming only about Amrita, Coimbatore in the name of ex students. Is it all the other Engg colleges of this nature are 100% perfect? All are having complaint about veg food, Hindu culture and about few teachers’ behavior. No body telling about what type of education they are expecting from Amrita.

Abi John
14th of Feb, 2012 by Ex-Amritian

-1 Votes

I am an ex- Amrita Mtech passout. Some points that I would like to highlight.
1. The fees is high as compared to other institutions especially the mess and hostel rent, but then which college provides u with single room and new menu every week?
2. The Mtech faculty were all experienced, Phd holders. The only issue was partiality. Most of our teachers were from TN, so no matter how much ever you score but you will be in for a shocker when the final results are announced. For Mtech there is no transparent system for providing marks
3. The wardens and other staffs were extremely friendly, that is only if you don't have a bad repute. As long as you mind your own business no one will bother you.
4.The campus, labs, curriculum (1st year half of the stuff I had already learnt for Btech but there were others more than 70% who haven't had heard about lot of stuff) are all good.
5. 95% of my batchmates got placed in core companies (VLSI design engineers) and 5% got placed in IT. So, overall placement record is very good.

20th of Feb, 2012 by suggester

+1 Votes

I had joined ASE, Ettimadai through MANAGEMENT QUOTA.(capitation). Now I am sharing my personal experience from studying here:
1. On the beginning of the academic year, they would create a fuss that they are the best college in Tamilnadu and so on. Also they got accredited A grade by NAAC. But i had witnessed the week long make-over drama inside the campus before the NAAC authorities came.
2.They try to impress by saying the names of V.C, DEAN etc. But the V.C is performing the duty of a rubber stamp and the DEAN should learn some manners so as how to talk with people. He is the most HEAD WEIGHTED person there.
3.There is a "DEPARTMENT OF STUDENT WELFARE". They do not listen to the students complaints and act against the welfare of the students. I do not know why such a thing exists there?!!
4.Among the Faculty, 95% are inefficient . Malayalis treat their likes and discriminate others. These are well known in results. Also Staffs do not help dull students, which is the mission of this institution. They should atleast work for their salary.
5.People are convinced on the first day that there will be moral values. But this is not at all true. Every immoral activity takes place inside the campus.
6.Finally, your Son/Daughter would get placed, even if he/she joined another good college WITH HALF THE FEES AND DOUBLE THE FREEDOM. The syllabus would be a lot easier and students will get freedom if they join elsewhere.
7. THERE IS A MAN IN THE CAMPUS WHO PRETENDS TO BE A BRAHMACHARI WEARING WHITE... BUT I HAD SEEN THE SAME BASTARD IN COIMBATORE ALONG WITH HIS FAMILY IN A HOTEL.
beleive my words...
if you want to do engineering... PLEASE DO NOT JOIN HERE.

7th of May, 2012 by flipship

Hello friends ;
I dont know what to say after hearing this, i am completely confused on if i have to join this college for engineering . The placements are there for any college but what about the quality or the company in which the students are placed is what i need it at first . I am a vegetarian and a brahmin hailing from Hyderabad so, i cant resist something that actually degrades my culture . But, one of my seniors who passed out of Bangalore campus really got placed well ...in HCL comp and an other story i herd was from an other guy who left the campus after 1st year paying all the 4 year fee and studying in some local CET college here, where he feels is good . I am also an author for my web (www.wingseducation.co.nr) and teach students in my free time for free and to say a tech guy . Now friends, with these qualities of mine will i sustain in this college ? or is there any other college ( not NITS or IITs as i dont think i fared it well ) that will suit me ?
-Thanks in advance .
-

9th of May, 2012 by Invincib1e

0 Votes

flipship, don't worry ... i"ve got a website too, for people like us, we've got natural talent ... u choose your desired branch and you are sure to shine ! if you are form south india, there is no better college, not even iit (frankly no' iit'an has manages a website, programs software during his study at the institution .. placements are very good, from last years salary there were two equal to iit, ten equal to nit, and many above 10 lakh/annum, its up to you to become the top five in your branch, so you get a good placement ..More over, if a college is bad, all the comments have to be bad, even if one thinks is good, then it means there is only a different opinion with others ...you can notice, most nri students and management quota students complaining because they are not up to the mark

16th of May, 2012 by Ankoor325

0 Votes

Brothers,

My rank is 3400, can i get seat in Amrita University... please help me what to do.

Ankoor

21st of May, 2012 by vas.k

0 Votes
my cousin would like to join in amruta university, is it a good university

13th of Jun, 2012 by IamALWAYSRIGHT

-1 Votes
i m currently studying in this university and i think the whole things been blown out of proportion. I saw some exagerated claims . i hear the same thing from my friends who had a lot of freedom earlier. i studied in a defence school and i dont find the college dissapointing. one thing to understand is that those who left the college with a bitter experience are just finding this as an excuse to throw something back at the colg.
its true that food isnt that great but much better compared to other colleges i visited during their techfests.
The colg is doing evrything to improve the teaching standard which is already a benchmark for other colgs in TN.
the syllabus is extracted as it is from the IIT's. trust me on this. i have compared and found it 60% similar.
hit "best universities in india" in google. Amrita was rated 35th in INDIA by HRD-ministry in 2010.(do you need any other proof or do you still want to go with these quakes???)
anyways have a great life ! i m not here to campaign for AMRITA admissions. JOIN if u feel like. AND do dont if you are not intrested.
:)

12th of Jul, 2012 by jcherulil

-1 Votes
Tell me which college in the private sector is better than Amrita, Ettimada. Had the student in question been intelligent he or she could have got admission in one of the IITs or NITs. Basically, those who complain are either incompetent students or are brought up in an aristocratic gulf life style. Personally, I would not spend Rs.7, 00, 000 (Seven lakhs) for one Engineering admission as I, like most of the Indians, am struggling to keep both ends meet. THE CULPRIT IS ONE WHO PAYS THE HUGE FEE. These are the people who encourage and promote corruption in this country. Don't try to throw stones sitting from a glass house. There are millions of poor intelligent students. Your son is an "idiot". Don't blame the board for a poor picture. Painter is bad, not the board. I am an educational consultant and I know very well what is happening.
-Jayakrishnan-
E-Mail: sauravjay@hotmail.com

28th of Sep, 2012 by FacultyofAmritaCBE

0 Votes

This is written by a Faculty member of the Coimbatore Campus.
I would like to clarify some of the aspects based on the complaints about Amrita University:
1. Students who like to roam around freely with their boy/girl friends would not like Amrita University because AMRITA does not permit these kind of activities.
2. If you are a rogue, under performer in class and have indecent behaviour(which is showcased my most of the incoming students now), please dont join Amrita.It is not the right place for you.
3.If you are not bothered about hygienic food, dont join Amrita as food is prepared in the most hygienic way.Food is good.They may not provide you with 5 star quality food but it is far better than most college messes
4.Syllabus is excellent, updated every year(equivalent to MIT, USA).It might be difficult to learn during the course of study but everyone appreciates after graduation
5.Placements is not 100% It is 300%(every eligible student would have atleast 2 offers+1 dream offer)
6.Admission does not happen in the IT department.Instead it is done in the CSE department.Regarding placements, there is absolutely no difference between CSE and IT for the companies(nor any branch for that matter).It is only the CGPA and the soft skills of the student that matters in the interview
7.If you are not placed, it means you would have purchased your project from Gandhipuram bus stand and you would have roamed outside and got less than 50% attendance.University cannot do anything on this issue
8.Visit our campus before you make the right decision.Dont believe in rumours
9.There is lot of emphasis on sports, co curricular and extra curricular activities.You should come to campus and have a view of our sports grounds, gyms, swimming pools etc.,
10.VC is not proud to say that he is the VC of Amrita.Amrita is proud to say that he is the VC.Dont talk without knowing his credentials.He is a person who does service for AMMA without taking even a single rupee and all his travel is paid out from his own pockets
11.Dean is a great visionary.Amrita has got excellent discipline only because of him.He is the man responsible for solving all student issues in an amicable manner

9th of Nov, 2012 by Krishna*

0 Votes

I did my post graduation from Amrita university.I was actually shocked to read all the above comments.I did my studies in Amritapuri campus.I should say it is in par with IITs.We even have interactive sessions with the best universities of the world like MIT.The food is great!!!Hostel accommodation-I do not want to call it a hostel .It was a very peaceful place to stay.The warden, she behaved to us like our grandma.I respect my alma mater and I am proud of it.To add to this, all our faculty are highly qualified.Our dean is a very very down to earth person and high quality research is conducted in this institution.

24th of Nov, 2012 by pragmatic

0 Votes

amrita university
i was 2 years late in reading the above comments and the author's complaint..
Well true the college is a suck up... 3 yrs i sat n ate the palatable idillys, dosas, pongals( looks like vomit), the so called pooris ( i call it mini papads), etc... about the hygiene...yes it is hygienic.. but let me put forward an example: i feed you oats and milk 3 meals a day for a week... ofcourse your going to remain healthy.. but is that going to suffice ... 2yrs of this shit ... literally speaking at times the food looks like shit to..
And about the talks that other colleges in tamilnadu serve worse... people we pay 35k a year... other colleges its less than 20k... so that's no justice to the money that our parents spent on mess food... just one of the quixotic money making strategies that amrita practices.

The next and the biggest joke of Amrita is its mechanical enginnering faculty(as far as i know...coz im doing my mechanical engg)...
The so called HOD .. the biggest dimwit living on the planet earth... for the 3rd year of b.tech mechanical... the teaching faculty was simply pathetic... fresh M.tech pass outs are appointed to teach us, that to subjects which they have not majored in. They have no experience, they do not know the head or tails of the subject that is being taught( at times we students have to tutor the teachers during class), in the end of the day, they feel like they have done their job and set question papers which i bet if they sat and wrote it along with me, i could kill them at it.
Despite teaching in the most deplorable way.. they correct out answer sheets expecting P.HD level answers.
But then again.. there are good teaching faculties to.. but its no excuse for hiring incompetent once.
Our campus spends lakhs and lakhs of rupees on worthless things..
eg
like the have put up cement benches almost at every nuke n corner of the campus.. especially places where students do not even pass by or bother sitting...
changing the lawns weekly ( such a wasteful process)... instead of changing it every week...why the hell cant they just maintain it
extending the electrical fences further around the campus...
these idots have not bothered about
fixing the main gym
setting up AC's at the C.I.R block ( its inside gets insanely hot during the summers...as they appointed smart architects who put up a glass like roof on it)
improving the outdoor games facility
buying better sports equipment
improving the GOD DAMNED FOOD
recruiting better teachers ( do not give me the bull crap that you are ready to pay 1lakh per month despite which you are not able to get proficient teaching staff)

Finally the pass system.
i am not sure whether i joined a college or kindergarten.. my school way better than my college will ever be.. the lack of independence makes me feel like i'm some convicted felon living my life behind bars... its so demeaning and demotivating and depressing

people.. if u want to witness and know what college life is all about ... amrita is not a place i suggest..
but if u feel u need some rehabilitation for some shit that you have gone through before college...amrita welcomes you with open arms..
THINK ON YOUR SINS...before you decide on amrita.. and see if its worth it

22nd of Mar, 2013 by Ex-Amma

0 Votes
s not only Amrita University which is accused of being negligent but Amma AIMS hospitals are accused of fraud, discrimination to poor people and violent beating of striking nurses.

The Amma cult destroyed the Ex-Amma Forum mentioned above 27th of May, 2011 by Tears by a new forum has arisen from the ashes hosted on YahooGroups. Do not confuse with old forum, the new group is here:

[groups.yahoo.com]
[amma-taavi-kassila-sex-cover-up.blogspot.in]

From the New York Times article.

(Corboy)IT is a violation of therapist boundary ethics for a therapist to advise a client to go to the therapists' guru.

IF a therapist's religion/spirituality has the effect of compromising the therapist's ability to understand and maintain boundaries and refrain from proslytizing clients, then the therapist is the equivalent of someone with impaired conscious awareness. Countertransferance is afoot.

[www.nytimes.com]

LAST July, near the end of another two-month United States tour by Amma, I traveled to Alexandria, Va., where she was holding a hugging session at a Hilton hotel. The place bustled: there were families who traveled with Amma for their summer vacations and first-timers who wandered in on a whim.

“My therapist told me to come,” Leslie Sargent, a high-school guidance counselor, said. Moments later I met the therapist, Sharon Bauer, who seemed pleased to see her patient. “The energy that Amma transmits deepens our sense of inner essence,” she said

Comments from the NYT article

NYT Reader
Pune, India

NYT Pick..

I really appreciate the Author's efforts in gathering nearly comprehensive information of this Saint. In spite of being a resident of India, I was not having even a fraction of knowledge of this Saint's presence, donations, social work and pervasiveness of her followers all around the world. This ignorance may be due to the fact that there are many (not all) corrupt Saints in India that I am prejudiced towards them.

I totally agree with the Author on the whole article. When he attributes the reason for popularity of a Saint to the fact that leaders/politicians are so corrupt in India that even if a human being satisfies the most basic need of a person like food, assistance during natural disaster, health, safety, etc, these human beings would be considered superhuman.

The secrecy on the income of any religious institution or a Saint is usual behavior in India, however, I am wondering what if she makes her income transparent and earns further trust of her followers who could donate more money to her and can be utilized transparently for the well being of poor and the needy. With so much money flowing in, I also feel suspicious, as the author does, that some of the money may be going in wrong hands for wrong use and may not be helping the needy.

The contradictions in the Saint's statement and her autobiography, the fear seen among her followers to speak freely and other points noted in the article underscores the suspicion any reader would have of the Saint's institution.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.