Scary Therapy Experience
Posted by: Emily Jean ()
Date: May 17, 2005 11:17PM

I was assigned a therapist from a church based counseling center. I consider myself a cult survivor as I have been going through a long healthy deprogramming process in the past four years. I mentioned this as one of my issues to the therapist when I spoke with them on the phone.

It turns out that this woman is a follower of Yogi Bhajan and has been teaching kundalini yoga for twenty years. There was something strange about her eyes and demeanor, too focused, too driven, not relaxed, grounded or normal. I asked her about the outgoing message on her answering machine as her cult name is on it. She told me we don't have gurus just teachers. Hmmm.

I got up and left. I am angry at the Church for having her there and for not listening to me when I told them about my issues.

Part of my process has been to educate myself about other cults, the ones that our cult looked down on as not good enough, not spiritual enough or too mundane for our 'advanced' souls. I know now it was all lies fabricated too keep us isolated and to allow the cult leaders (gurus and teachers) to manipulate information.

I am grateful to all of you who have shared your experiences and your healing journeys on the internet. I felt supported knowing that there was a forum like this that I could turn to. Please keep witnessing, it did help me yesterday.

Options: ReplyQuote
Scary Therapy Experience
Posted by: Emily Jean ()
Date: May 20, 2005 02:59AM

Now the clinical director is telling me that my idea that this group is cult is subjective. I've requested another therapist and the director is claiming that they have no other therapists. I don't buy it. This person was only an intern that I was going to see for three months.

Any suggestions on how to handle this? What concerns me is that this is a well known institution. Once again the cults gain credibility points by attaching themselves to institutions such as this.

How do I even know that the clinic director isn't involved with this cult?

Scary Therapy Experience
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: May 20, 2005 05:55AM

See [www.culteducation.com]

A licensed therapist in Arizona is a former follower of Bhajan.

See [www.cultcounselor.com]

You might contact her for specific advice.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.