Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
WORLD WIDE CHURCH OF GOD, does anyone know 'ANYTHING' on this ministry
Posted by: notperfectyet ()
Date: April 24, 2011 11:48AM

My father has been dealing with this ministry out of Tyler, Texas for 'YEARS' and acts as if he knows 'EVERYTHING' about this ministry up front and personally. My father talks to me as if he is under some kind of spell and speaks SO VERY BOLDLY about BELIEVING IN this ministry to the point of I actually had to discuss with him or call him out on some topics that he was discussing about, but he really acted a little bit on the defensive side. ALL THE PAMPHLETS/BOOKLETS and teachings are 'FREE'!!! Everything about 'DO YOU KNOW GOD' to 'Healing'. Someone mentioned to my dad that they told him it was linked to the Nazi's. Most of those pamphlets and booklets he said he never read, but was looking and pulling out each one showing the front of them and addressing them to me! He almost acts like a totally different person when he is discussing this ministry! I believe it is a cult, but I would like others to pray with me about my fathers 'SOUL TIE' DELIVERANCE out of the 'snare of the spoiler' regarding false doctrine being made to appear real and appeal to many!!! Thanks for 'ANY' INPUT or INFO in regards to this ministry! Thank you in advance, Jesus Loves you and God Bless you!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WORLD WIDE CHURCH OF GOD, does anyone know 'ANYTHING' on this ministry
Posted by: three ()
Date: May 11, 2011 08:37PM

the w.w.c. OF GOD was started by herbert armstrong. hes dead now his son left his church and started his own i think hes dead too the church is now in the hands of another i cant rememeber his name it is a cult they worship on saturday

Date: May 13, 2011 08:57PM

the world wide church OF GOD is a ver disruptive clt that all you can say about them they dont beleive intakeing meds either

Posted by: hauntedpast ()
Date: July 08, 2011 04:39AM

I grew up in the World Wide Church of God. I don't know the definition you are using as a cult, but I never felt I was in one. The church and its members were always there for eachother. I was in the same district in Pa. and was allowed to bring any friends I wanted to. As I got older and moved to a different district but still the same church, I learned from church to church different policies. Just like any other group, country people had different thoughts than city people. I did not attend any of their schools, or colleges so I can not comment on what that was like. I attended the church from about two till after I was married and the church policies changed. It was very hard for me to get all of the new teachings. My whole life I never celebrated Christmas or any other of the so called "pagan" holidays. Now they celebrate them all. It was like I grew up knowing of Christ and God and on the next day we were told they did not exist. Some of the church splinters stayed with the old teachings, some adopted pretty much anything they wanted to. My husband went with the new ways, while in my head I had to try to figure out which one I wanted to follow. I came to the conclusion I would follow the entire bible and attempt to do everything God wants us to.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: July 08, 2011 06:40AM

hauntedpast:

WWCOG has often been called a "cult" and was a personality-driven totalitarian group.

WWCOG has a history of serious complaints from former members and affected families.

See [www.culteducation.com]

Date: July 08, 2011 09:08PM

yes i would class the wwcOF GOD as a cult. they had weird beleifs but now dont have as many as tey used to they worship on sat in stead of sunday

Date: July 27, 2011 08:17AM

Well, any 'suggestions' of 'how' to get my dad off of it......he's never attended one single service and yet acts like Garner Ted Armstrong was standing right in front of him telling him everything.....that's very difficult for me to grasp how someone can be so mesmerized by someone and not even see them face to face and be that drawn to them..... He believes it is the true church that Jesus started.......CAN SOMEONE TELL ME PLEASE 'HOW CAN MY DAD BE THAT DRAWN TO SOMETHING'?! Is it his age?! My dad is going on 75 in November and totally believes in this 'HOG WASH'! I thought the true church was started by Peter the day after Pentecost.......or by King David and his son Samuel officiated over it............maybe this church WORLD WIDE CHURCH OF GOD IS LIKE THE CHURCH OF LAODECIA?! I am just wanting some answers because I would love to get him off of this and quick.......he's got every pamphlet neatly tucked into a shoe box and every cassette tape and cd ever made..........He almost got hooked up with Jehovah's Witnesses and then with Mormons.............God help him and give me strength to make it through this storm with my dad............I mean my dad hates Muslims, but Loves a 'Cultish' church.....God doesn't want us to hate anyone....so, what kind of underlying message is this ministry dishing out......what are they doing behind closed doors as a covering over the believers of The Lord and this ministry?!

Date: July 29, 2011 08:16AM

it's scary how my dad talks about it......he says that they are having a convention soon in the Shearaton and he couldn't respond back to me after he said this to me.......it's the first church started after Jesus Christ started on earth!.....I said to my dad.....oh, yeah, then why were all of these other churches created then....he couldn't respond! My dad is a Fox News Junkie and I asked him to go to the meeting.....he said he wasn't going.....I said why not.......either my father has high blood pressure problems or something......he acts like he's crazy when he talks about all this stuff.......he has problems with his lower leg swelling and has to spend a lot of time 'inside'......hermitized himself most days....so when I get to the house he starts in talkin' about all of this stuff and I am baffled why he feels so strongly about PLAIN TRUTH.........is WORLD WIDE CHURCH OF GOD and PLAIN TRUTH written by the same ministry or are they two different ministries........my dad seems to be very mixed up about his religious beliefs and seems or appears to be frustrated!

Date: July 29, 2011 09:55AM

one of the beliefs my dad has ingrained in his head is 'heaven is here on earth'.......and adamant about the fact that it was the ministry that Jesus Christ himself started before he ascended to heaven?! I have huge problems with this!

Date: August 01, 2011 09:13PM

as any one would i do too . if this is heaven i dont know if i want to be there

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.