I am confused about this belief
Posted by: palina ()
Date: October 26, 2009 12:20AM

Hi, guys, Who can tell me about Falun Gong? Have you heard that it has illed many people’s life? The creator is named Li Hongzhi. It combines Chinese qigong with person's worship. I have a friend who is a Falun Gong practitioner. But when she got ill, she always takes no medicine, see no doctor, takes no any scientific measure. She only stays at home . I ask her why , she said her Master Li Hongzhi asks her to do that and only in this way can he rescure her. Possible?? Why? I get to know that some countries admit Falun Gong is one kind of religion. Then I am confused. Is it benificial to people?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I am confused about this belief
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: October 26, 2009 01:11AM

Posted by: dsm ()
Date: June 04, 2010 10:28PM

I have practiced regular Tai Chi and the reason Falun Gong is different is that it requires the practitioner to believe that this guy Li Hongzhi places a physical "wheel" inside of them and has some kind of control. That is extremely cult-like whereas traditional Tai Chi is mostly a way of understanding physical energy while practicing the exercises that do in fact greatly enhance your sense of balance and your reflexes as well as your muscular strength. No one controls you in traditional Tai Chi.

A Falun Gong practitioner is likely to attribute benefits of the exercise to the influence of Li Hongzhi as a person and to believe that wheel is really implanted, and that is not only a big interference with religious and personal freedoms, it places a lot of control in Li Hongzhi's hands, or in his representative, especially if they teach that normal medical help is undesirable.

Posted by: Freedomtochoose ()
Date: July 05, 2010 10:40AM

Hey,

I practiced Falun Gong for three years from 2000-2003. I believe that everyone should do what's best for them, but here is my opinion of the group. When I came into the group, they told me it was a qigong practice for health and to become a better person, but later I found out we were to spend the majority of our time reading the teacher's book over and over ( I read it 40 times), convincing people that the group was not a cult, as well as "eliminating evil in other dimentions." The leader, Li, teaches that the end of the world will happen at any moment and that the practitioners are required to convence the world that the group is not a cult.

I worked un paid for hunderds of hours for this group and I have actually been in a depression since I left the group 7 years ago.

Again, this is all my experience, but from my experience I feel this group is an abusive, mind control group and I would suggest stearing clear of it.

Thanks,
Freedom to Choose

Posted by: character ()
Date: November 12, 2010 08:29PM

I dont believe in such things, if someone is ill he have to go to doctor, sometimes it can be dangerous.

Posted by: Matthewop ()
Date: November 15, 2010 12:04PM

Yes I totally agree with character! I am not a person believe in God or something!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.