QAnon Conspiracy Believers - Coercive Behavior
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: September 09, 2020 09:32PM

An Alarming Story of QAnon Believers Aggressively Red Pilling A Family Member

On the Reddit QAnon Casualties discussion community, a woman described what appears to have been a very aggressive indoctrinationtion attempt by QAnonist family members.

This was perpetrated in the guise of a family get together at a cabin 4 hours away from the nearest airport.

What saved this person was possessing a phone and a fiancee who had a truck and drove to rescue her.

A participant in this discussion, Jean-PaultheCat noted:
11 points ·
5 days ago

“Red Pilling” friends, family and anyone who will listen is a huge part of being a Q member. There was a whole playbook of how you’re supposed to go about getting new members that circulated around. It follows cult tactics. This is absolutely what they are trying to do to you. I’m so sorry you’re stuck there, that has to feel so helpless. If they try and convince you to stay, leave with any excuse you need.

[www.reddit.com]

Subreddit Icon
r/QAnonCasualties
•Posted byu/thepoopinthesky1
5 days ago
Wholesome Seal of Approval

I think I was brought on a “girls trip” to be brainwashed. Thoughts?

I think I was brought on a “girls trip” to be brainwashed. Thoughts?

UPDATE 2: It is now 7:00PM here on friday evening. I was able to get out of the cabin yesterday. My fiance showed up and knocked on the door and when I opened the door he told to get into the truck and he went to grab my things. I had packed everything up under the pretense of cleaning my sleeping area. He was in the cabin for a few minutes and when eventually got into the vehicle he wouldn't tell me what had been said but I knew there had been words thrown around.

A few people had asked why I didn't assert myself more and demand they stop with the Q bullshit. I did. At the beginning I did ask for them to stop with all politics talk. This was obviously dismissed. My mother said that their talk wasn't political. A few people have also scoffed that I would mention being in any physical harm. I don't know how many crazy cultists you guys deal with but this was my first time, and I wasn't sure what was happening or what could happen. My mother knew I did not hold any of her beliefs as she had previously tried to talk to me about some Q stuff and I shut her down asap. There was something about the atmosphere in that cabin that just turned my stomach and I cannot place it but it made me feel afraid.

I slept in late today and have spent the day trying to understand what happened. Nothing about it was violent but it WAS deeply sinister. After reflecting and reading comments I do believe they were trying to bring me over to their "side." My stomach feels sick just thinking about how everything happened. I still struggle trying to comprehend everything. On the drive home my fiance pointed out they had gaslit me and used cult tactics to destablize me. The cabin was an open loft type of cabin and they would stay up late even after I had said I wanted to go to sleep. I would be in my bed pretending to be asleep but also just listening to them talk Q until 3AM. The next day I would be tired but I guess they would be too.

This will probably be my last update. I have to figure out how to mourn my still living mother and make sense of everything that transpired. Although I am very open to any resources anybody might have that would help with the process. I have not been contacted by my mother or my aunts since I left, which makes me believe they were guilty of what I was expecting. I want to thank every person that reached out to me and offered any advice. I would have never thought I would be in an absolutely bizzare situation like this. I am not going to delete this post for the time being in hopes that it helps anybody else who might find themselves in a similar situation.

UPDATE: The time is 5:39 PM here and the idea was floated to stay a couple more days. I refused to accept this and I demanded that we leave at the agreed upon time. I found service and was able to contact my fiancé and informed him of the new plans. He left work early and is driving to get me. My family does not know he is coming. I am not worried about him not being able to take me. He is nearly seven feet tall and 350 pounds and my mom is scared of him. I am playing it cool and not letting anybody know he is coming. A few people made it clear I needed to leave and soon. I didn’t realize how fucked up the situation was and I thank everybody for their advice and for reaching out. I will update again when I can.

I am sorry if the formatting of this is odd, I had to write this post out on notes and paste it in.

So my mom (56/f)has always leaned far more right then me(29/f). We have had our disagreements in the past and even went a couple years without speaking because of a comment she made about a close friend of mine. She came back into my life when she apologized about two years ago and I accepted her apology. Within the past year though I have noticed a massive uptick in far right postings and comments on her Facebook. My fiancé and I are both vocal supporters of black lives matter and do not believe any of the qanon bullshit. Whenever I would post to my “story” on Instagram regarding any of the worlds current events she would post to her Facebook a post refuting why Covid isn’t a thing, or why George Floyd died of fentanyl poisoning instead of police brutality. I decided not to engage and would shut down any of her attempts to bait me on any of the topics. We have been coexisting quietly with me keeping her at an arms length.

But about a month ago my mom approached me about taking a girls trip with her and some of my aunts and some of my cousins into a popular Rocky Mountain town to “get away”. I wasn’t overjoyed about the idea of going away with some of my least favourite people so I made a few excuses why I couldn’t go. My mother continued to badger me until I said fine.

Four days ago we were packing up to leave and putting our bags into my moms car (I also noticed her new qanon sticker on her rear window) when I asked where everybody else was, my mom then informed me that a few of my aunts and all of my cousins couldn’t get time off. So it was just going to be me, my mom, and two of my aunts. I immediately started to feel uneasy and informed my fiancé of this change. He also felt uneasy and told me not to go. I decided not to listen to my gut and went anyway.

The car ride into the mountains was quiet and I spent most of it “sleeping” while listening to my music. But then we arrived and I found out they had a rented a literal cabin in the woods that was far from the main town we were supposed to have been staying in. My bags weren’t even out of the Jeep when the talk started. My mom started talking to my aunts about the usual qanon topics which is something she used to never do in front of me. Then I realized my two aunts who were also with us were just as deep into the qanon shit as my mom was.

They started playing videos and audio they said had to deal with the trafficking of kids for adrenochrome. We are in Canada but they said if joe Biden gets in next election the world will end, they even talked about how they were thinking of committing voting fraud in the states to ensure a trump presidency. Every musician and actor is a pedo and when I am asked what I am listening to I almost always get a reply “they are involved and you shouldn’t listen to them”.

This has been going on the past few days and I have been hesitant to call it what it is but I believe they brought me here to attempt to “reprogram” me. There is next to no cell service at the cabin but when we went into town yesterday I got away for a little while by claiming to need to buy some toiletries. Really I went into a Starbucks and called my fiancé and told him everything. He knows i can’t go home and advised me not to do anything to upset them because we really dont know how far they will go. I have been letting everything go in one ear and out the other as much as possible. They attempt to bait me into arguments but I literally just pretend not to have heard them. I know if I engage they will become irrational and incoherent. My mother has also started playing audio from some sort of YouTube series at night that deals with the trafficking of children for adrenochrome. I have a white noise playlist on my phone so I literally just listen to that all night.

Right now we are in town and I am sitting on a toilet in this restaurant while they are outside. I am hurt that my mother would do this to me but honestly I am more upset that I didn’t see this coming. I believe she is too far gone to be saved and when I get home I am going to discontinue contact with her. She knows my fiancé and I have been trying to get pregnant and had mentioned yesterday that I needed to “awake” before I had kids so I could protect them like she was trying to protect me.

Does this seem to be an attempt at “reprogramming”? Am I being overly sensitive? Has anybody else dealt with something like this?

level 1
thepoopinthesky1
211 points ·
5 days ago

I am just going to leave this here. I am worried that this trip will be extended into the weekend and no matter what I say my thoughts will be dismissed. I contacted my fiancé and he knows the rough location for the cabin. If the trip is extended again any more nights he is going to come and get me with a couple of our close friends. We have agreed that tomorrow I’ll send him a message by the time we are supposed to leave and if we haven’t left by then he will come and get me. Thank you for all your messages. It’s good to know I am not being overly sensitive and my suspicions are correct. I’ll respond when I can but for now I am going to spend as little time writing so I don’t make them suspicious.

(Corboy note: Members of the Reddit community responded. A rescue discussion ensued. Many supported 'thepoopinthesky1' suspicions that she was being coerced ("re-programming" in a cultic manner. )

hepoopinthesky1
47 points ·
5 days ago

Originally I was told we were leaving tonight but apparently everybody wants to stay another night so we are leaving early tomorrow morning.
level 3
justanotherlidian
26 points ·
5 days ago

to figure out a way to get to the airport or somewhere public you can stay for a long period of time if you need friends or your fiance to get you.

I think most likely you will probably just spend the rest of your time with your headphones in and uncomfortably avoiding the topic. I'm really sorry you're going through this. It sounds like a total nightmare.
level 7
MeowMeNot
10 points ·
5 days ago

Enterprise Rent a Car will come and pick you up.
level 7
mmnuffin
7 points ·
5 days ago

I'm in BC as well - does the town you are near have a shelter where you can hunker down until your husband can come to get you? I'm happy to help any way I can. Be safe ????
level 7
fishtacos123
12 points ·
5 days ago
· edited 5 days ago

There is no reason to think you're in physical danger, so get that out of your head. My only advice is for you to attempt to push the conversation toward inclusive activities and whenever a topic related to this nonsense comes up, ignore it, as many have mentioned. Ignoring might be perceived as shitty, but pushing for boundaries implied by phrases like "I'm here to enjoy myself on vacation. Thank you all again, this was much needed" is helpful, and keep ignoring.

They're looking for something to get pissed about, so your strongest card here is maintaining the pretense of a getaway and "me" time and showing your appreciation for it.

If they get annoyed and aggravated, continue ignoring, and when inevitably coaxed into a response, just say "no politics or religion, please - this is a vacation". It's the only thing you got and it's disarming as hell.
level 7
Msbossyboots

You could feign the need for a trip to town and just refuse to go back with them.
level 6
leopard_eater
8 points ·
5 days ago

Or feign the need to get home because your partner has a suspected burst appendix, etc.
level 5
HolleringCorgis
7 points ·
5 days ago

Can you download a book (libby, overdrive, kindle) and just read?

Can you stick it out until tomorrow morning?
level 4
thepoopinthesky1
48 points ·
5 days ago

I have no other option at this point. I am four hours away from home, I could probably get a ride to the nearest town and fly home but I don’t know how they would react and I am not sure if that’s something I want to know the answer to.
level 5
UnKaveh
24 points ·
5 days ago

Honestly, it might not hurt to send a message and just leave. I don't know you or your life but if it's possible - just get out and simply and calmly tell them why. They might react but just ignore them and leave.

That's kind of an ideal situation. Showing them that you seriously believe they are wrong and you're not some pushover to be indoctrinated. She's going to try to pull this BS again, one way or another if you keep her in your life.

That being said. I don't know if you have financial dependence with your family. If you're normally super close. All I know is this is a really awful thing to put your daughter or your niece through. This is extremely selfish, thoughtless and mean spirited.
level 6
thepoopinthesky1
31 points ·
5 days ago

Being 4 hours away and at least an hour from the nearest airport is not ideal. I thought about flying home but I can’t afford it and my fiancé can’t leave work to come get me. I can’t take my moms car. I don’t know if I am in physical danger but I am treading lightly until I can go home.
level 7
UnKaveh
18 points ·
5 days ago

Yeah that's where it gets really difficult. I was kind of just hoping you were loaded. I was going to suggest a really expensive uber to the airport.

But that's a ton of money. If you feel in danger or anything, just try to fi

level 1
Straight_Ace
7 points ·
5 days ago

There is all sorts of huge red flags here and I would point to yes this is an attempt at reprogramming. It’s creepy, weird and I would definitely distance myself from them. Get your fiancé and some friends to come bring you home and back to safety before these people try more “invasive” methods of trying to reprogram you.
level 1
bestjeanest
6 points ·
5 days ago

You absolutely are not being overly sensitive! I think that yes, this could be an attempt to "redpill" you. There are specific tactics Qanons share with each other on how to indoctrinate people, especially family/spouses. I am so sorry you have to deal with this. I think your decision to cut off contact now is the right choice.
level 1
limequartz
6 points ·
5 days ago

Please try to get home. QAnon is an actual cult and you don't know what they'll do in the middle of the woods.

Do you have transportation? Can you run away from the cabin and book a hotel somewhere in the nearby town until you can find a way to get home?

level 1
Eternal_Reflection
4 points ·
5 days ago

Wow that sucks so bad, I’m sorry. I can’t relate to the crazy conspiracy parents, but from a stranger’s perspective, I feel you’re justified in cutting contact. It was clearly duplicative of her to bring you on that trip, even if it was with her delusional “best intentions”.

Imo, the comments about you not being ready for parenting is a red line. You can expect her to try to reprogram your kids if given the opportunity. Deal with that as you wish, but wanted to make you aware that is a risk you’ll have to take in order to keep her in your life. I’m so sorry you have to deal with this :

HermesTheMessenger
5 points ·
4 days ago

UPDATE: The time is 5:39 PM here and the idea was floated to stay a couple more days. I refused to accept this and I demanded that we leave at the agreed upon time. I found service and was able to contact my fiancé and informed him of the new plans. He left work early and is driving to get me. My family does not know he is coming.

[you will probably read this later ... but ...]

Good. When he shows up, walk out with a smile and just leave. Do not stop.

I can't say that I have had that level of manipulation but I have had some incidences. For some reason, people think they can read minds when they would be better served talking with each other instead of asserting an ideology.
level 1
Brndrll
5 points ·
4 days ago

First: Thank goodness that you are out of the situation; they didn't have to get violent to hurt you. You are safe now, though!

Second: Have you thought to reach out to any of the family that canceled on the trip? You may not be alone. They may know what's up and tried to avoid it. At worst, they aren't aware and you can intercept the Qult.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2020 09:32PM by corboy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Escaping From QAnon Parents To Go to College
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: September 12, 2020 10:36AM

[www.reddit.com]

Subreddit Icon
r/QAnonCasualties
•Posted byu/francaismeme
4 days ago
HugzTake My Energy2
Running away

EDIT: UPDATES AT BOTTOM!

Hi everyone, this is my 2nd post here. Since I made the 1st one, my Qanon mother has made racist comments more and more frequently and begun saying extremely alarming things like "Hitler was a good guy" and was "draining the swamp," etc. It is a very toxic environment to be in and my one hope was moving out of state for college this month.

However, as of yesterday, it was my father who decided that I am not allowed to move now. Why? The college is in a large city, but he's certainly not afraid of the SCAMDEMIC because that's fake! What he's afraid of, he doesn't even know or just won't say. He believes something bad is going to happen and there's going to be a huge military presence in every major city fighting against this unknown "threat" until after the election. After the election, "everything will go back to normal and the PLANDEMIC will disappear."

He has absolutely nothing to substantiate these claims, of course. No amount of me crying and pleading with him or logical reasoning will change his mind.

Here's the thing: I AM SUPPOSED TO MOVE IN 2 DAYS FROM NOW. I AM LOCKED INTO A LEASE. I CANNOT GET MY DEPOSIT BACK, WHICH I PAID ON MY OWN DIME. My dad is the one who gave me the go-ahead to move about a month ago and was completely fine with it until now.

I can't stay here. I live in a very small, conservative (and by that I mean openly racist) town and my Qanon mother is emotionally abusive on top of that. I am just now realizing the extent to which my father has either enabled or participated in that abuse. It is a horrible environment for me to be in and moving out has been the only thing giving me hope during quarantine. But now, just a few short days before I'm finally free, the rug gets pulled out from underneath me.

In the comments

The members of the QAnon Casualties board gave this young person moral support.

One of them wrote to her:

Poemy_Puzzlehead
24 points ·
4 days ago

Then that’s what you are going to do. I’d say good luck, but you’re the kind of kid who makes their own luck.

When I was in college, I was a writing tutor and then later in grad school I was a T.A. and read a thousand and one student papers. You don’t write like a college freshman, you write like a college graduate.

As for your parents, they unwittingly joined a very dangerous cult — so they left you, you didn’t leave them. You’re the adult in the relationship, you’re the thoughtful and responsible one. Just keep on doing what you are doing, day by day.

As soon as possible, contact your school’s counseling center and get an appointment to see a therapist. Don’t be embarrassed about anything you are going through, spill your guts. You can use your own posts here and this subreddit as the basis for anything you want to talk about. If you can find someone who does EMDR therapy, I highly recommend it.

You‘re going through multiple life stressors right now and with each one you become more prone to developing stress related illness and disorders that WILL manifest in your body. Be proactive with your mental, physical and emotional well being.

You‘ll get sick soon. It’s flu season, you‘re going to be on the road and moving into a dorm, it’s just going to happen. Prepare. I‘ve seen Freshmen have to drop out of college because they missed two weeks their first semester. Vitamin D helps keep the blues away.

The other thing that can derail you this semester would be to become enmeshed with someone who is like your parents. You will unconsciously seek them out and they will seek you out. It might be your roommate, a new friend or even a Professor.

Learn to recognize the Dark Core personality traits. [neurosciencenews.com] Some of these people know exactly how dangerous and manipulative they are and they hide it. Others have no idea and are openly a hot mess. Trust your gut and be prepared to walk away clean.

Re: QAnon Conspiracy Believers - Coercive Behavior
Posted by: totowashere ()
Date: October 03, 2022 07:47AM

i ran from such a cult of q anon with N.A.R and it was ultra orthodox in teaching
this was in Australia and i can tell you many in Australia are buying into this lie of Q its distrurbing and sick to the core . i fled from that mess of Conspiracy and the biggest pusher of it on u tube is John Hallar formally of Moriel Ministries still pushing his narcissism and false information as if he is a "little god " as well

theses Q anon are also pissing off the Jewsish commumites and leading them to believe they are BETTER than them and they should harass them and mess with their minds forcing them to believe in Jesus Christ as Savior . that is not the Love of God and no where are we to scare anyone with doomsday type preaching its uncalled for

i stay completly away from them these so called "Chosen gentiles " that dare to say they are the Remnant , of latter reign , seers and have prophetic gifts are liars ! they use ad abuse people to twist the WORD of God using FEAR and Confusion , Manipulation and even threats if they have too
they are going psychotic ! stay away from them , dont argue with them and do not
try to convience them they are WRONG ! cause the only thing that matters is you individualy leaving this cult that is going millitant ! some are storing water , some food , and some weapons ! its going nuts !
this is spreading across the globe , worst of all Australia is now shutting off anyone that wont comply to this cult type "small home church " belief
and those in the Mega Churches like hillsong are fuling the fires !

so what do we do ? we get the hell away from them
let GOD sort them out !
this battle is not mine , they think they are now with super powers !
they are nuts , running around like thor , and waving swords , telling others they are Anointed of God to control and harass and pull others in these fire churches or the pentacostal , charismatic , and apostolic groups
that are labeled non denomonaion to hide their True identity ! its evil
to the core get away from them .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.