a real-life nightmare
Posted by: nycdq ()
Date: April 26, 2007 02:22PM

some of my older relatives used to say I have a "strong consitution"-- stability, that is-- & I guess that's all that kept me from going under...

an individual who later admitted to having stalked me for nearly a year without my awareness, & claimed knowledge of "mind-control, hypnotism, & brainwashing techniques," has been doing his damned best to "do me in"-- in addition to threats, isolating, the main "tactic" was sleep deprivation.. went on for more than 10 months, during which he attempted to convince me I was crazy, attempted to drive me crazy, attempted to coerce agreements & consent, pull information out of me, but the only thing he really succeeded at was keeping me so "wasted" and out-of-it from lack of sleep that it was difficult to pick up on what was going on-- and what was going on was he managed to manipulate my teenage daughter & her boyfriend to the extent that they fully believe I have "some kind of mental illness," and that therefore he is the only individual whom they can trust.
he has destroyed my family, led my daughter to hate and distrust me, & her life is getting more & more under his control. is there anything I can do to break this hold he has on her?

this is just the "in brief"-- not counting the length of time he was "researching" (his word) me and my life, this has been going on nearly two years. he made sure I didn't find out that he'd continued to sneak around to/with her behind my back, turning her more & more against me, and getting more & more control in her life, until she turned 18 & then assumed that there's nothing at all that I can do except sit back silently as he victimizes her. he is 49 years old, & has a very distressing "history."

input/advice from someone, please

Options: ReplyQuote
a real-life nightmare
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: April 26, 2007 09:16PM

nycdq:

If you believe anything criminal has been done contact local police.

You also might sit down with a lawyer to discuss your concerns.

"Stalking" is against the law and you can file for a restraining order.

If you are experiencing family communication problems you might consult with a licensed marriage and family therapist and try to set up a meeting with your daughter to discuss your concerns.

Other than these approaches there is not much else that I can think of to suggest.

a real-life nightmare
Posted by: kiwi ()
Date: April 27, 2007 10:40AM

What country is this person based in? If the US what state?

a real-life nightmare
Date: April 27, 2007 01:20PM

and why would you want to know that?

a real-life nightmare
Date: April 29, 2007 10:54AM

I just thought this person sounded familiar, that's all. I guess, though, there are quite a few people doing what he's doing, so the likelihood of him being the same one is pretty darn small.

a real-life nightmare
Date: April 29, 2007 11:33AM

where is the individual you're referring to located?

yes, It's probably only a coincidence, but given both this guy's job and his love of "going around everywhere," it's still a remote possibility

a real-life nightmare
Date: May 01, 2007 02:42PM

Louisiana

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.