Professing or making your choice in a "Truth&qu
Posted by: Professing ()
Date: November 16, 2003 03:08AM

I think many of the children reared in a professing home feel that at some point in their life, they must profess and take part in the meetings.

Professing parents may pressure a young child to stand up in a gospel meeting and profess when the workers offer people a chance to "profess".

Testimonies of the friends in meeting or workers during conventions often stresses making your choice before you die so you can avoid a "lost eternity" or hell.

Often when the workers end a series of gospel meetings before preps or special meetings, the worker will "test the meeting". A worker will often speak a very frightening sermon about death and the Judgement Day. A hymn will be given out and the worker will ask if there is anyone who has considered "making their choice". Worker will say "If there is anyone who has considered making their choice to serve God, stand to your feet when we sing verse X of hymn X". Singing will begin. Eyes in the crowd will look around to see if anyone stands to their feet. The person standing up to make their choice to profess will be VERY nervous in most cases. I have seen children and adults bawl and sob after they sat down and the worker would pray.

Once people profess, there are many decisions and choices to make including friendships, clothing, entertainment, worker visits, taking part in the meetings, showing to worldly people that you are in the true way etc..

I do think some people get caught up in the special treatment shown to people who are getting to all of the gospel meetings and profess hoping that they will continue to be special. But once someone professes, they are expected to grow and experience separation from the world. Changes to the life are seen as evidence of God working in their lives.

People are pressured to profess especially children born and raised into the fellowship. Fear of death and hell is often mentioned in the worker sermons.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Waysplusmeans ()
Date: September 05, 2005 03:31PM

Professing
I think many of the children reared in a professing home feel that at some point in their life, they must profess and take part in the meetings.

Challenges to critical & independent thinking are made early on. In my case, I believed according to the adults in charge of my care. As an adult I no longer hold this belief or acceptance. I see clearly through adult eyes.

In my opinion, you're better off exposing your children to a world of cultural and educational endeavors and allow for her/him to make spiritual decisions later on in adulthood.

Professing
Professing parents may pressure a young child to stand up in a gospel meeting and profess when the workers offer people a chance to "profess".

Exactly. Group & peer pressure.

Professing
Testimonies of the friends in meeting or workers during conventions often stresses making your choice before you die so you can avoid a "lost eternity" or hell.

Exactly. In actuality most who lip profess live in lost eternity and hell. Most members in religious or cult systems have the most chaotic shattered lives. I have found that most people within mind control systems really do not know how to live or let live.

Professing
[b:75cebe9bff]Often when the workers end a series of gospel meetings before preps or special meetings, the worker will "test the meeting". A worker will often speak a very frightening sermon about death and the Judgement Day. A hymn will be given out and the worker will ask if there is anyone who has considered "making their choice". Worker will say "If there is anyone who has considered making their choice to serve God, stand to your feet when we sing verse X of hymn X". Singing will begin. Eyes in the crowd will look around to see if anyone stands to their feet. [/b:75cebe9bff]The person standing up to make their choice to profess will be VERY nervous in most cases. I have seen children and adults bawl and sob after they sat down and the worker would pray.

Guilt trips & con artistry at its best.

Professing
Once people profess, there are many decisions and choices to make including friendships, clothing, entertainment, worker visits, taking part in the meetings, showing to worldly people that you are in the true way etc..

Exactly.

Professing
I do think some people get caught up in the special treatment shown to people who are getting to all of the gospel meetings and profess hoping that they will continue to be special. [b:75cebe9bff]But once someone professes, they are expected to grow and experience separation from the world. Changes to the life are seen as evidence of God working in their lives.
[/b:75cebe9bff]

Exactly. It depends greatly on the life some lead prior to lip professing.

Professing
People are pressured to profess especially children born and raised into the fellowship. Fear of death and hell is often mentioned in the worker sermons.

I've grown to respect that death & hell has a different meaning for different people.

Very good post! :D

Posted by: Sergei ()
Date: March 05, 2006 11:27PM

It is true that some children feel pressured. Some ARE pressured by their parents. But it is not very usual for a preacher to give a "hell and damnation" lecture before testing the meeting.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.