Current Page: 2 of 8
channeling
Posted by: Cipher ()
Date: December 16, 2004 02:39AM

I found this new post on [www.Higherforces.info] concerning their creed. Does this sound cultish? It seems they are reenforcing a higher than thou attitude of specialness and exclusivity. Does any one have any other insights into this?
Quote:
"Latest Archives rss / atom style on / off
The Sessions
[b:390457fc35]The Gathering CreedThe Gathering Creed[/b:390457fc35]
(published 28 November 04)
This is the unofficial Creed received December 1973 by the channel of the Higher Forces, Tom Ringrose, and written while sitting at the dinning room table in less than 15 minutes. It hasn’t been altered and still exists as it was written.

We have gathered together as brothers and sisters in this age of upheaval. We have chosen this path and all those who will enter with us must first understand that we are not of this world. We have chosen this path for enlightenment of the soul which includes the physical body, the physical mind, and most of all, our spiritual soul.

Our first and foremost task is to begin to know each other indiscriminately without any barriers between one and another. We must always be careful of our desires and know that we are here only to develop upward. We will not seek for worldly recognition or claim, but will seek through our development with each other that divine love that shines through the eyes of God. We know that all who enter among us will have to leave behind their conceptions of everything they learned so that their true selves might magnify and become one.

We as a group must love one another deeply; and must love one another to that point of giving up our lives.

Through the course of our meditations and prayers this will be our road: To accomplish all that has been written here today that we might make ready the path for our God to come into the world. We know what has been written here has been said in many forms, many languages, and many ways. Let us understand that all those who enter into this group must learn that they will be despised by the world but made heirs and sons of God.

Let us now together bring into manifestation what is said in the above. May our God bear witness to what we say." End Quote.

They also seem to be harrassing others who disagree with them since they frequently ban people from their forum. So watch out if you try to get into a discussion with any of them especially Cameron Beers Bluearc21

Options: ReplyQuote
channeling
Date: January 09, 2005 11:20PM

The link for [www.higherforces.info] is functioning correctly now and their site has been updated. Pictures of their 2004 Christmas are particulary of interest. All seems quite normal and fun. I assume the higherforces themselves are present and keeping an eye on all and everything. The channel is the one in the suit. An executive prophet. From the hundreds of sessions on their site I find it interesting that cult membership is so easily lead and able to turn off their critical thinking skills in order to believe this information is from an alien source. Any comments regarding these sessions and whether they represent any truth or not would be valuable.

channeling
Posted by: hsuchij ()
Date: January 11, 2005 08:55PM

In a Buddhist funeral ceremony, there are plenty of strict rules to follow.

When a head of a family passed away, from what I remembered, members of the passing family are required to rehearse Buddhist texts, mainly The Heart of Prajna Paramita Sutra and Vajra Sutra (Incense Praise), once each week for 49 (7*7) days during a ceremonial process.

Family members are ordinary people with or without religion backgrounds. The ceremony is performed with specific religious purposes, like what date to do what things. Each session lasts about 3 hours at night and temple monks will assist chanting sessions.

One particularly process stands out. Before the actual burial ceremony, family members are required to gather again for an entire week to rehearse Buddhist texts from morning till night. During chanting, direct descendants of the passing are asked to kneel down for the whole time. Sounds of monks and religious chanting can be heard all week long.

One can imagine how tiresome for ordinary people to perform the ceremony. With all the chanting and kneeling, one could find it physically challenging just to get pass that particular week, not to mention the effects it had on one’s emotions.

From my experience, these chanting methods are ways to channel with the passing. After six days passed, the chanting process ends when the head of monks announces that the passing has successfully gone to heaven and rested in peace. The ceremony ends on the last day with the actual site burial.

I believe that channeling can be done even when one is unnoticed. It is how it is done that has caused the emotional sadness aroused from the lost of an important family member being transformed into a religious image. Once in that religious state, one can find comfort or relief when reading the Buddhist texts again in the future.

It can be considered as a powerful trance that has been performed in ordinary Chinese families for thousands of years, and I think, from what I read in newspaper, monks also perform the same ceremony for Tsunami victims in Thailand.

Hsuchi

channeling
Date: January 12, 2005 06:06AM

In Chinese words, religion means "study of ancestry" or "ancestry education". Even before the introduction of Buddhism around 20 B.C., the meaning of religion was already so.

On the other hand, cult means “study of abnormal” or “abnormal education”. Again, the meaning was fixed long before Buddhism in China.

One may notice the word “education” contained in both religion and cult because the word “jau” is used to describe them. Religion can be written as “Chung-Jau” and cult is written as “Tsia-Jau”. So, “Chung” means ancestry or origin while “Tsia” means abnormal or evil. “Jau”, by itself, means to educate or teach.

During Culture Revolution in China, people are said to require “education” if disobeying to the authority. Most of those people, millions of them, were sent to education camps to be programmed with communism doctrines. Just about the same time, different religions, mainly Taoism and Buddhism, seemed to disappear in that country.

There are fine differences between Taoism and Buddhism. Texts of Taoism are mainly words of ancestry passed down from generation to generation; however, 50% (or more) of Chinese Buddhist texts contained foreign sounds or meaningless words. Those texts are specifically for chanting, so that’s why Buddhist monks will come into the picture for channeling sessions.

I believe that religion helps ordinary family to channel with ancestors. Since channeling can be considered as abnormal behavior, cult can also serve the same picture.

No matter what, in general, Christianity, Catholics, Taoism and Buddhism are classified under the category of “Chung-Jau”. Interestingly, cults listed on this website are considered as “Tsia-Jau” in China as well.

Hsuchi

channeling
Date: January 12, 2005 09:33PM

Can religious leaders and cult staffs coexist at the same time and doing the same thing? I think they can, especially during channeling session.

Temple monks are professionals at chanting. They have well memorized and versed at Buddhist texts because it is what they do everyday in the temple. However, eastern cult staffs, on the other hand, are not experts in religious scripts. Cult staffs may tend to join channeling session because it gives them opportunities to get enlightenment as well as observe victim families for whatever their purposes.

During disasters or lost of family members, people are at the highest grief or stress. Perhaps victim families will show the tendency to look for religious supports. So the responsibility of Buddhist monks in eastern society quickly fills the spot. That is one part of their duties to stabilize the society from religious point of view.

I have noticed that, during channeling, there are two different groups besides family members. One group consists of Buddhist monks. They are invited to guide family members. Normally, all monks will kneel down with their backs facing the crowds and their fronts facing Buddha while chanting. The head of monks will kneel down in the middle and direct everyone the rhythm and paste of channeling.

The other group, so called channeling assistances, is not from Buddhist temple. The group may consist of housewife, local businessman, and others. Usually they are not invited to the ceremony, as in my case. Now I remember that they joint because “someone” informed them about the event so they “volunteer” to come. Since they “volunteer” to come, they tend to look nicer and uniformly dressed while standing “behind” family members during chanting.

I did puzzle for a while when I saw the group. I wondered why should our family need someone else to do the chanting. I also noticed that Buddhist monks ignored to acknowledge them. These channel assistances were all belong to a different religious group, if not a cult. I had a feeling of being observed throughout the whole time.

I can conclude that there’re two benefits for cult members to participate in disasters. One, they can observe and take advantages of victims. If they don’t take advantage of the victims immediately, they’ll label victim families according to the level of grief in case they want to make the recruitment later on. Second, since they do not possess religious scripts or professional medical knowledge, they will surround the professionals at disaster site to learn and get educated. It surely is the best opportunity.

Hsuchi

channeling
Date: January 13, 2005 03:49AM

hsuchij:

What do you mean by channeling? How is it different than chanting in what you are describing? What is the channeling composed of? In other words what is being said in a channeling session? Does the dead person speak through the mouth of his relatives?

I liked what you wrote about the Buddhist funeral but I am not sure what you mean by channeling in that context. Please write a little more. thanks.

channeling
Date: January 13, 2005 11:17AM

Cipher,

Good questions. Recently, because of Tsunami disaster, I saw a lot of Buddhist monks performing the service for those victims. I also saw plenty of groups who have nothing to do with the disaster but come out forcefully in terms of donation and recruitment.

I come up with all these because I had seen my grandpa during a LGAT hypnotization (OSHO overbreathing). I am an engineer so this hallucination had me thinking a lot lately.

1. Did I have any kind of trance before LGAT?
2. Did my vision of my grandpa belong to some kind of subconscious?
3. What kind of messages have my grandpa’s body language represented?
4. Would I see anyone else?
5. When did I expose my hypnotic susceptibility to others?

To answer theses, I realized that I had experienced a powerful trance long before I participated in LGAT. It was at the Buddhist funeral we held for my grandpa. Our family members are asked to kneel down for a week while chanting. Physical workouts, mystic language, religious incense, divine texts, chanting sounds and lots of stress could very well be the causes of hallucination.

I think what Sigmund Freud meant that dream is the road to subconscious in his “Interpretation of Dream” is the dream content. If dream and hallucination can be linked, then what I saw can be explained. Like dreaming, trance images are vivid. After the Buddhist funeral, they said it was a successful ceremony. In other words, the channeling is completed. To answer your concerns, chanting is just a part of process as one needs the whole setting to make channeling work. It is expensive as well.

During my LGAT, the instructor talked about subconscious and dream. Sigmund Freud was definitely not my subject of study at university. So I participated in several trance exercises without knowing its agenda. However, the instructor did mention that my grandpa and me are “one”. I don’t know what “one” meant.

The last exercise we had was Osho overbreathing. I heard a lot of people crying. After the end of exercise, people talked about how terrible they dreamt about their experiences. One of them spoke out and said that he had re-experience the day he was stabbed. Then people started crying again.

I wondered why, besides my high CPK blood test, I did not experience my nightmare. I saw my grandpa and my great grandma and that was about it. They did have some body languages but I did not see the frightful image of those others.

For those who are crying and screaming during the LGAT, they participated in another leadership class with the same instructor before. I had no doubts that the instructor had hypnotized them before my class and implanted some dark circuits (as L.Ron would do). So that could explain what I saw was merely the same image of my previous trance, like everyone else.

Last, I exposed my hynotic susceptibility during the funeral. We had been observed from "behind". The more you put your efforts into chanting, the more people can realize your "potential".

I convert my religious to Christianity after the LGAT course. There are still a lot of unexplainable. This is the best I can find out.

Hsuchi

channeling
Date: January 13, 2005 11:31AM

Here is a link to English Buddhist Texts:

[www2.fodian.net]

Hsuchi

channeling
Date: April 08, 2005 12:47AM

A new listing with details of the higherforces, The Gathering community are here.

[directory.ic.org]

channeling
Posted by: Timmer ()
Date: May 28, 2005 11:55AM

Channeling is only as good as the channel. Try listening to an out-of-town radio station. Note the interference. You can't quite pick up wht they're trying to tell you. That's what happens with channelers when the channel is not clear.

Now turn on a local station. Note how much clearer it is. That's a good channle.

It's not the messenger, it's the message. If the message is sound, I don't care whether it's channeled or not. I care what the person has to say.

Current Page: 2 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.