Re: Former SGI members
Posted by: tsukimoto ()
Date: January 07, 2010 10:41AM

tsukimoto

[Copied from the Cult Awareness and Information Centre Website]

Mr. Gore entertained doubts about Mr. Ikeda, who used money as freely as water, and determined to leave the organization over a certain incident. "In 1974, it was discovered that Brazil Soka Gakkai General Director Robert Saito (currently Honorary General Director) was embezzling the organization's money. Vice President Satoru Izumi (currently Chief of the Supreme Guidance Council) came from Japan to handle the incident, and the three of us, he, NSA General Director George Williams (currently General Director Emeritus) and I, set off for Brazil. In the end, he was told that if he returned the money, no questions would be asked, and we collected $1 million.

**We put it into 2 suitcases and conveyed it to Los Angeles. At the same time, Williams said that he had purchased uncut gems as souvenirs and he asked me to carry them. He handed 3 boxes of gems over to me. But when we arrived at the L.A. airport, the customs agent called out my name and told me to show him the boxes of gems. When I did, rings and such with processed diamonds were rolling around inside the boxes. The customs form said they were uncut gems, so I was immediately arrested as a smuggler. In the meantime, Williams and Izumi passed through Customs carrying the suitcases. They used me as a scapegoat."**

Sounds like this was a bit more than $10,000, Anticult. (page 50 of this thread)

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: January 07, 2010 11:12AM

From the [www.google.com]

From the alt.religion.buddhism.nichiren board. It's just interesting how the Ikeda loyalists just deny that anything Ikeda does could ever be wrong. They can actually defend chanting to a picture of Ikeda as being about Buddhism...and get pretty nasty and mocking if someone suggests that maybe it's not. And if you're not comfortable with this...it becomes all about you. You are uncomfortable with real feelings and you've probably been brainwashed by the priests too. Total Ad Hominum fallacy -- attack the messenger.

--------------------Beginning of Quote---------------------------------------------------------------

Fred Wolff
>[www.llv.com] >Daisaku Ikeda Bankrolls Manuel Noriega's > Cocaine Operations >General Manuel Noriega received funds to operate his drug trafficking business from Ikeda and Soka Gakkai. The only issued you haven't addressed yet is: Did Daisaku Ikeda have President Kennedy assassinated? Change the records, please! Fred

You, so adamant that no one hide behinf screen names -- why don't you
identify the people behind your sources?
Jim

OK here is the source that I posted and you CUT:
Source: An Unconventional Method for Killing America, page 206, forward
Author: Yoshihiro Tsurumi Published by: Tokuma Shoten Date of Publishing: October, 1994
[www.llv.com] ---- This website is operated, as you and all the others well know,
by John Ayers at: tamon...@accessnv.com

Discussion subject changed to ""THINGS GO BETTER WITH COKE"" by Stuart H. Clarke

Bo Fugen
Stuart H. Clarke wrote: > Oh, yeah, the COCAINE! That's what had us so > excited and fired up when we saw Sensei in Denver! > They musta' gassified it and spread it in the room > as he walked in! :-) I can picture the scene...... ... The tears of joy are flowing. *** Bunch of people worshipping a chubby little japanese guy. *** All glass-eyed and dizzy in the "divine" presence of their master.... His authority is UNQUESTIONABLE! *** No one knows what he's saying but everyone is "encouraged"..... *** It is such a benefit that the white polyesther uniforms are no longer mandatory. Thank you, Sensei! *** ... Scary stuff!!! * Bo "Follow the Law, not the persons" -Nirvana Sutra
Sep 30 1996, 2:00 am

Discussion subject changed to "WORSHIPPING IKEDA? PLEASE EXPLAIN" by Stuart H. Clarke

: ***
Has anyone ever seen the Gohonzon taken out of the altar
and replaced with a statue of Mr. Ikeda? When we chanted
with him (note lower-case "h"), did he face us in front
of Gohonzon so that we chanted to him, or did we worship
Gohonzon *with* him?
: All glass-eyed and dizzy in the "divine" presence of their master....
: His authority is UNQUESTIONABLE!
What is "divine?" I don't think I've heard that
term used by SGI. But they call Nikken "His Holiness."
And if I saw fit, I would question Sensei.
: No one knows what he's saying but everyone is "encouraged".....
What makes you think we don't. Or are you just
projecting your lack of understanding on everyone else?
: It is such a benefit that the white polyesther uniforms are
: no longer mandatory. Thank you, Sensei!
: *** ...
: Scary stuff!!!
: *
AIYEEEEE...OH MY GOD! I'M SCARED!!!!!!!! :)
: Bo
: "Follow the Law, not the persons"
: -Nirvana Sutra
--
QUESTION AUTHORITY
Stooooooo.....

Reply to author Forward

I was't there in Denver, so I can't comment upon what occurred there,
but way back when in Cleveland, we used to sing "The Song Of Human
Revolution" to Daisaku's photo.

(nitpicking snipped)
Mike

Reply to author Forward

> Has anyone ever seen the Gohonzon taken out of the altar
> and replaced with a statue of Mr. Ikeda?

Maybe not in the altar, but there are statues of him in existence.
Statues of a LIVING MAN. There are buidings named after that
guy. I have also seen his picture on quite a few altars, not mentioning
the portraits of his in membas living rooms and bedrooms too. Many
SGI meetings still end with "Forever Sensei" sung by everyone. Ikeda's
novels (of a very questionalble quality)are official subjects of STUDY
in SGI. People have been encouraged to chant to Ikeda's picture and
memorize his poems and guidances. Either you are complete fool that can
not recognize such an obvious case of personality cult
or ......

Hey, why don't you question his ABSOLUTE AUTHORITY in your cult?
How come the president is not ELECTED but is self-appointed for life?
How come the organization has no financial accountability before the
contributing members? Why is SGI (supposedetly religious organization)so
heavily involved in politics and even has its own political party.These
things stand against everything that should be a norm in a democratic
society.

Why don't you ask him the above questions and let me know his answers?
I'll give you more later.
> : No one knows what he's saying but everyone is "encouraged".....
> : ***
> What makes you think we don't. Or are you just
> projecting your lack of understanding on everyone else?

Do you understand Japanese? Then I apologize.
Otherwise, it is a well-known FACT that the translations
of his speeches are very different from the originals.

Uh huh. So I suppose when I look at a picture of my daughter and sing a
song we sing together I'm "worshipping" her. Nixon "woshipped" Lincoln.
Someone who goes to a cemetary and says "I miss you" is "worshipping" the
deceased.
You don't understand positive human emotions and deep feeling. Or maybe
your priests have prescribed the proper way to express deep feeling. Or
maybe your aversion to President Ikeda leads you to interpret peoples'
expression of deep feeling in the most negative way you can.
Too bad.
Jim

Reply to author Forward

ART DOSKOW
Stoooooo, Perhaps you're too young to remember that old ditty - ....... Sensei, our lives are growing; Sensei, our tears are flowing, AS SHINING EYES CALL TO YOU (emphasis not necessarily added) Sensei, Sensei, forever Sensei. I can imagine you fuming if there was ever such a song for Nikken. (I wouldn't be singing it.) To my recollection, we never had a song expressing such feelings for either the Daishonin or the Gohonzon. (Oh yes, there was 'Have a Gohonzon') ;>^ Your buddy, Art
Oct 2 1996, 2:00 am

Art Arturo: how nasty of you to point out the truth, and to document it with that old song. I wonder if Jimbo ever attended the "conventions" in the 70s, with their enormous portraits of "Sensei" (guess who? the Daishonin? ---Naaahhh!) and the carefully orchestrated entrance and noble seating of the Great One among the "A Class" invited guests. I guess Jimbo either missed that, or has a "selective" memory. At any rate, "Ikedamania" was the driving force behind NSA, and, as they say in Buddhism, Honmatsu kukyo-to.... Sr. Bill, who must have played "Forever Sensei" at least a thousand times in the band, and led that song (would you believe it) another thousand times at "discussion" meetings in the 70s. (Only after waking up to the cultish reality of NSA/SGI does one blush at the memory of such nonsense. The Daishonin? Yeah, he got "lip service"...)
Oct 2 1996, 2:00 am

: Mike-
: >>I was't there in Denver, so I can't comment upon what occurred there,
: but way back when in Cleveland, we used to sing "The Song Of Human
: Revolution" to Daisaku's photo.<<

: Uh huh. So I suppose when I look at a picture of my daughter and sing a
: song we sing together I'm "worshipping" her.
I guess they will come up with some twisted rational to claim that this
is a different situation.
Nixon "woshipped" Lincoln.
And I guess we "worship God," when we earn and spend US dollars which
read "In God We Trust" on them.
: Someone who goes to a cemetary and says "I miss you" is "worshipping" the
: deceased.
: You don't understand positive human emotions and deep feeling.
I really observe this to be the case amongst the Dantos. Their ideas
about Sensei are very shallow.
Or maybe
: your priests have prescribed the proper way to express deep feeling. Or
: maybe your aversion to President Ikeda leads you to interpret peoples'
: expression of deep feeling in the most negative way you can.

probably.
Too bad.
: Jim

Reply to author Forward

Harold Dodd
View profile
More options Oct 4 1996, 2:00 am

- Show quoted text -
But, then again, I never considered someone all glassy-eyed, jumping up and down,
singing "Have A Gohonzon" (To the tune of "Havah Nagila") Buddhism. Also, singing
"Forever Sensei" Isn't Buddhism.

I also remember my small stint practicing with the Soka Gakkai in Northern Japan, and
the wrote a cheezy song called, "Sensei, We're reaching out for you", and THAT
DEFINATELY exposed some "Ikeda worship".
Harold Dodd

- Show quoted text -
I remember a convention in Philadelphia (I think in '87). It was at the
Spectrum - 20,000 sports arena. There were ENORMOUS portraits of US
presidents (Lincoln, Washington...e.t.c) and along with them, actually,
the first one in a row - guess who? - Ikeda, of course.
Speaking of
"bad taste"... What an embarrassment that was 8-(
Bo (not a "cultie" anymore)

A really big sigh.
As a participant of the occasion in question, I can in all honestly say
that we sang that song to Daisaku's picture as a form of worship to
him.
Nothing else you've said has anything to do with what happened.

Mike
--------------------------End of alt.religion.buddhism.nichiren quote-------------------------------------------

get rich by starting your own "new religion"
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: January 07, 2010 11:45AM

$10,000 appears to be the legal amount, if its your money.
Is it legal if its the "religions" money? Can't be, that has to be totally illegal.

But one assumes to "move" gems over the border, you give them to Patsy from your "religion", as if they get busted then they are the one's who go down. Then you say you had nothing to do with it.

As L Ron Hubbard said, if you want to get rich quick, start a "religion", one of these "new religions" that don't pay taxes, and rake in millions in cash all over the world.

The lesson is never ever ever carry ANYTHING over the border, or transport anything that is given to you from your "religion" or SGI, or anyone else. As you don't know what's in that suitcase, and if you are carrying it, you are the one going to the greybar hotel for a free vacation.
The leaders of the "religion" are never going to carry that stuff around.

Goodness knows how they move money around the world these days, electronically or in shipping containers...

tsukimoto
tsukimoto

[Copied from the Cult Awareness and Information Centre Website]
**We put it into 2 suitcases and conveyed it to Los Angeles. At the same time, Williams said that he had purchased uncut gems as souvenirs and he asked me to carry them. He handed 3 boxes of gems over to me. But when we arrived at the L.A. airport, the customs agent called out my name and told me to show him the boxes of gems. When I did, rings and such with processed diamonds were rolling around inside the boxes. The customs form said they were uncut gems, so I was immediately arrested as a smuggler. In the meantime, Williams and Izumi passed through Customs carrying the suitcases. They used me as a scapegoat."**

Sounds like this was a bit more than $10,000, Anticult. (page 50 of this thread)

Posted by: sushigrl ()
Date: January 08, 2010 05:07AM

I was the fall guy once in the org as well. It wasn't THAT major, but on tozan, no one was allowed to stray from the hotel for any reason unaccompanied or unplanned. My SENIOR leader told me that she wanted to go visit a japanese family and have a dinner with them. I told her no, that we weren't allowed to go. She said she had gotten permission to do it. As she was a HQ chief, i trusted her. So we went and had a good time.

When we returned to the hotel, she told the higher up Japanese gakkai cheesers that I was the one to blame. SHE would never have done such a thing, would she!!

Just a little vignette...I know probably not organization-wide, but it illustrates the same thing. Fall guys were needed for the bad behavior of leaders. Unsuspecting members took that role far too often.

Posted by: DrJesusEsq ()
Date: January 08, 2010 05:47AM

Well that is very Buddhist of that woman, isn't it?

I do have one question in mind. It's a question of check and balances, of accountability. Frankly, if she really did understand any Buddhist teaching, even from the so-called evil Buddhist sects, can tell you that dishonesty is a big no-no. You don't lead one honest person to commit a bad error and then blame the error on them.

In fact, in my short time in the org, I had no room for mistakes and I had to be accountable for all my actions. Yet for those who were in the higher up, it's no big deal. I was told a few times when I had a problem with some higher-ups' unethical actions, I was told I didn't see their Buddhahood.

I remember a gosho (forgive me, I need to look it up) that says if one takes up the practice, one can simply do no wrong.

Is that the case? The leaders chanted more than you in their lifetime, so they have committed no such acts of dishonesty?

I will post up the gosho, or at least give the title, when I find it.

Date: January 08, 2010 06:14AM

I think it was probably the culture of the Org to use the members this way. Another incident was when a fellow member a "fortune baby" but no baby really, in her twenties, switched her seat with another member and took a later flight on the trip home from Japan.. I didn't know this, and upon arrival the AREA CHIEF (Japanese Men's division Leader) screamed at me how dare I "lose" the fortune baby sweetie pie cutie of the gakkai!!!! How could I be so irresponsible!!! Yes, she was in my "chapter", but she had not notified me of the switch and I had never been responsible for the entire flight . In fact I had no responsibility for the manifest AT ALL.

This Area Chief foisted this blame on me, because he wouldn't go to the HQ chief (yes the same one) because she was one of the "favored ones". SHE was the one responsible for the members on the flight!

Yes it runs in the culture of the org. DAMN I'm glad I'm out!

Posted by: Rothaus ()
Date: January 08, 2010 06:16AM

DrJesusEsq
I do have one question in mind. It's a question of check and balances, of accountability. Frankly, if she really did understand any Buddhist teaching, even from the so-called evil Buddhist sects, can tell you that dishonesty is a big no-no. You don't lead one honest person to commit a bad error and then blame the error on them.

well in any other buddhist groups it would be about buddhism wouldn't it ? ... not so in SGI ... SGI IS the purpose

Date: January 08, 2010 06:24AM

yes Rothaus!!! Anything that could possibly make a leader look bad to the members or other leaders will be foisted upon a fall guy. That is called "saving face" especially among the Japanese leaders. The gaijin (non Japanese) members I'm sure have played this unsavory role of fall guy for many many years. Flashbacks are happening and more than one Japanese gakkai leader had abused the trust of fellow members in my memory.

Great-o! Mahalo! Monster and fall guy relationship!! Hentai!!!

OOH such memories. Such memories of non Buddhist nonsense, pandering and lies. Good to get it off my back and out in the open.

BTW, it's not the fact that they were Japanese, but it's the fact that they were leaders imported from the Ikeda training ground in Japan.

But they always did have an attitude of superiority that was unfathomable.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2010 06:27AM by sushigrl.

Re: SGI France, Prévensectes, http://www.prevensectes.com/
Date: January 08, 2010 07:21AM

The Anticult
Soka Gakkai www.prevensectes.com/soka.htm
(english page)
[translate.googleusercontent.com]

Responses from former SGI-France members about SGI and why they quit, posted June 6, 1998. Everything sounds so familiar.

-------------------Beginning of Quote------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What particularly attracted me in this sect

- "The friendly and convivial atmosphere, the kindness shown by practitioners."[That love-bombing again!]

- "The ideal of peace conveyed by Soka."[Pity that the SGI doesn't really mean its so-called ideals.]

- "The answers I found to my questions about life, my questions about life."

- "The feeling of becoming happier, to silence my dissatisfaction, my complaints."

- "It was said to strengthen family ties, to have good relations with its environment."

- "At first I got many" hits "more confidence in myself, more pep and courage to face difficult situations."

- "The opportunity to practice Buddhism that I had previously known only through books."[Pity that it wasn't really Buddhism, just Ikedaism.]

- "Ease of use: there had to recite the mantra."

- "At first I thought was original, engage in a very personal way. I had no idea that Soka Gakkai was a large structured organization with so many followers."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - -- -- - - - - - -- - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - -- - - - -

Sometimes, in meetings or in the discourse of the Soka Gakkai, some things surprised me, shocked, casts doubt

- "The demand for total commitment to never stop practicing, to keep the Gohonzon as an object of worship throughout his life. It always scares me, even if outwardly I felt compelled to agree with these ideas, they I've always been repelled. "

- "The constant reference to Ikeda. The most prominent of the Soka Gakkai are those who cite the president's speech, know almost by court life, projects, etc.. Every word or act of the President Ikeda becomes magical adepts. "

- "The cult of personality is contrary to the teachings of Buddha. A Soka Gakkai we are well placed guard against attachment to the person more than the law, but this was vehemently denied by the attitude of leaders and their devotion to President Ikeda. "

- "The speech of President Ikeda resume all cliches humanitarian important writers and thinkers, skillfully amalgamated with Buddhist doctrines. Ikeda reaping the laurels that these thinkers were sown long ago."

- "In meetings, it is frowned upon to explain his doubts or ask questions. These are treated separately by" guidelines "officials. The pressure group can deliver to instead the hard questions and do not hear a bell sound: that of the word. By cons, it advocates the so-called open meeting for new members by suggesting they can speak very freely. "

- "The opportunism of the Soka Gakkai: by events, it modifies the text of prayers or other doctrinal points of view very deep. For example, many changes have occurred since the split between Nichiren Shoshu and Soka Gakkai. Before , we say that every good practice had to go to Japan to worship the Dai Gohonzon. Now we are told that the followers of the Soka Gakkai can not go, but it does nothing, they get much benefits before. By cons, we were encouraged to change our parchment. "

- "The almost total absence of reference to the Buddha and his words."

- "The fact that many people practice for material results: a bigger apartment, a car ..."

- "The contradiction with the teachings of Buddha: Buddha taught that one can attain enlightenment by erasing all his desires. Soka Gakkai teaches that we attain enlightenment by performing all his desires ."

- "The fact of considering only the teaching of the Soka Gakkai is able to send individuals to a high degree of spirituality."

- "Nam Myo Renge Kyo" is a Japanese phrase, a phrase translated from Chinese 13th century, so much later the Buddha. "
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

My experience compared to the daily recitation of Nam Myo Renge Kyo

- "When it came something good, I thought it through" Nam Myo Renge Kyo ", something unpleasant: I surely did something wrong or did not practice enough."

- "The more you recite, the more you want to pray for the things that provoked in me a great discomfort because it does not fit the idea of liberation of the individual that I did Buddhism."

- "Sometimes I refrained from practice because it became a chore. Other times I forced myself and it seemed to get a soothing (or perhaps take away some guilt)."

- "The daily practice is demanding and difficult. There are ups and downs. For periods I practiced more and others less, but it really changes the results. What is that, turned a corner after a fortnight of 'years, I practiced less and less. "

- "When I wanted to stop, I could not. The recitation of mantra and gongyo needed to myself when I did not want" then I felt the danger of alienation in depth in my mind. "

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What made me think, helped me to step back from the Soka Gakkai

- "When something was wrong and we asked the responsible direction, it was invariably the same answer:" Practice more and you will understand. "Years later, one can realize that we practiced a lot but it does perhaps not much more than before. We practice to understand. As we do not understand, we always practice more. The more you practice, the less one has clear ideas ... and finally giddy. This is the impression of an endless spiral that pushed me to stop, as the edge of an abyss. "

- "The Soka Gakkai has always reply to everything that can be a problem in life: sickness, emotional and physical problems, divorce, unemployment ... all cases were expected and the response was made, prepared and labeled. Where the margin of freedom of the individual in that? "

- "What I particularly sobering was an article in the journal" Psychology "where the Soka Gakkai was pinned very clearly as a cult meeting the criteria given by journalists as characteristics of a cult:

1) First phase of seduction of the future practitioner with slogans: immediate happiness promised to all.
2) A language airtight, clean movement. It uses pleasure of Japanese words.
3) Gradually we devote more time to Soka Gakkai, one cup of her friends (people you see, is to convert them). It also gives more and more money.
4) paranoid fear of others who are "against us" mentality "besieged fortress". When criticism is published in the press, there is immediately an attack-cons and cons publication directed at members, for their desire to remove all doubt. It warns us "for our good."
5) Cult of President Ikeda. "

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- Evidence of parents, families, friends, followers and former followers

Meeting in ADFI in the same group of families, relatives and followers of former followers testify to turn.

What made us think that the Soka Gakkai was not really Buddhism

- "When I wanted to learn more about Buddhism by studying documents, I found not really the new way of life of our child. Buddhism me totally unknown, I respected him without ever having sought know his philosophy, and to affirm or clarify this approach, I happened to discuss this study with our child, whose answers did not correspond to my expectations. Our children spoke mostly:
- Promoting world peace
- Explore the human rights
- Prepare the bicentenary of the Revolution of 1789, marked by the arrival in Paris
Mr. Ikeda
- Participation in a performance as part of the festivities as expected, which has led to
abandon his own earlier artistic activities. "

- "He was not interested in many things that attracted him before: film, television, newspapers, dance, humanitarian causes ...

- "The physical and psychological deterioration of our child, her sudden sadness, loss of friends, isolation often, mood swings, and suddenly keen interest in money matters, we were led to believe that It was perhaps joined a sect. We also received frequent calls from strangers who did not leave their name ... the return of some sessions, our children avoided contact with us and had a hoarse voice .

- "She had become secretive and not always comfortable. In conversation, she had a different position or change in behavior after one of its meetings. She avoided spending time in the family.

- "Until then, I thought my daughter was a Buddhist and I did not worry. I began to think of a cult when she left for the weekend in a place called Trets. There was several cars reserved for them and she told me it was only two districts of Paris! She was very reluctant to give me the name and exact address of where she was: "it's called Trets, That's it! "When she came home this weekend, she was like" enlightened ", repeating for an hour without interruption" I found the true meaning of my life, I found the true meaning of my life .. . ""

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - -- - -
What makes us think that our child / my friend / my sister / my brother is not really happy and fulfilled in the Soka Gakkai

- "She lost her gaiety natural sleep, the taste out of family life, trade ... She has broken with his teenage friends and new friends are mostly people in check sentimental, dependent drink or drugs. She even smoke more and consume more alcohol. "

- "He no longer afford to take leisure, he dares not to make any purchase (too expensive). He leaves one by one all his plans to change region, make a hobby. "

- "He's encountering real difficulties in integrating into the professional world. He's afraid to drive his car, he lost the freedom to move independently."

- "The last Christmas that our child has spent with us, he stayed in his room without venturing down to receive the gifts chosen for him, he refused to go to the family meal with his aunt."

- - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What makes you think our child / my friend / my sister / my brother and helped him to stand back from the Soka Gakkai

- "At the request annual donation, Soka Gakkai has submitted a paper stating that the gift was entirely voluntary, but as cons, nothing should be given to the Nichiren Shoshu," otherwise it happens to you great misfortunes ": this sentence was a real shock to our child and raised awareness of the intolerance of the Soka Gakkai."

- "The attitude of members contradicted the principles of Buddhism."

- "The obligation to recite Nam Myo Renge Kyo took more important than relationships between people."

-"She was shocked to learn that the Soka Gakkai had sought - and failed to obtain - to sponsor the celebrations of the bicentenary of the French Revolution, in 89 ... By cons, all documents relating to the financial strength of the Soka Gakkai , tax evasion in Japan, the phenomena of political infiltration ... have had very little impact on it. "

- "Someone who has long lived in Japan, speaks Japanese, has given our children the exact translation of shakubuku = break and submit, which was much struck: this is not all that we said. "

- "He asked after seeing on television a document from the BBC on the Soka Gakkai."

- "She saw me crying on my return from ADFI when I learned that the Soka Gakkai was actually a cult ... It has been shaken to see that I cared so much for her (Of course, this is not mine it said it had shaken, but some friends of his age I have repeated). "

- "He saw that I had met for five years without attempting to dissuade the fact that he is Buddhist. He knew then that I recognized him the freedom to choose his own spiritual and religious, even if they differed from mine .
-----------------------------End of Quote--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: SGI France, Prévensectes www.prevensectes.com/chambre/index.htm
Date: January 08, 2010 08:18AM

The Anticult
There is also another large list of articles about SGI on Prévensectes.

(in French) [www.prevensectes.com]

(English) Soka Gakkai - The House of Clarification
Statement of Intent - Serve Counter Information on the Soka Gakkai
[translate.google.com]

This is an account of how SGI members in Osaka, Japan, harassed the priest and members of a local Nichiren Shoshu temple, from May 1991 to November 1993. This sounds believable because, when I was new in SGI, some Japanese women, Pioneer members, told me of how SGI in Japan used to pester potential members. SGI members would go to that person's house and chant for hours outside their door. The ladies assured me that by the late eighties, the SGI was no longer doing things like that. They told me that SGI had learned the error of its ways.

They were nice women, but clearly incorrect about SGI learning the error of its ways.

-------------------Beginning of Quote----------------------------------------------------------------------------

First report of incidents.

23/5/91: A dead snake was found in the temple parking lot. At the same time, the roof of the priest's car was détérioréàtrois places. The right front tire had étécoupé.

22/1/92: Between 8:25 ET 8:45 am for fifteen minutes, someone rang the bell outside without stopping. When the head priest said at last, someone speaking like a yakuza, the priest invited asort so threatening . The priest looked outdoors and saw a van row in front of the temple. A man about forty years driving. He threw his engine several times while awaiting the release of the priest. The priest went to see better. The vehicle was a Suzuki van with yellow license plates (trade), No. 40 NANIWA TE 8458. The dangerous cult member finally departed.

Shop for Buddhist altars Kongodo: Several times (before thundering article), one Mr. Naoru Kiyohara Shop Kondoro Buddhist altars, adjacent to the temple, led multifingered times his car then his bike so dangerously close, almost hitting son aged six years, of the chief priest. Once, Mr. Kiyohara had the same attitude towards the priest himself. Needless to say, such conduct is negligent harm Ala human life, and is nothing but inhuman attempts to intimidation.

Second report on the incident.

20 October 1992

Early September 92: The owner of the shop Kongodo Buddhist altars, Mr. Kiyohara, posted on the windows of the shop inventions offensive and defamatory articles from the Soka Shimpo newspaper against the high priest of Nichiren Shoshu, Nikken Shonin .

Early Oct. 92: Mr Kiyohara placards with slogans such as "Overthrow Nikken," "Meeting daimoku to expel (the chief priest) Aota," "Let us pray to expel the evil priest"! Every Wednesday and Saturday, twenty people began gathering ase the first floor of Kogondo shop to recite daimoku.

11 octobre 92: Fifteen members of SGI around gathered on the first floor of Kongodo store and began noisily slogans such as "Overthrow Nikken"! and "Expel Aota"! They intentionally interfére with ceremonies in the temple to commemorate the death anniversary of founder of the Nichiren Shoshu, Nichiren Daishonin. At the end of the ceremony, members of SGI, armed with video and photo equipment, and began photographing members of the temple which left the temple.

Third report on the incident.

Original Report Date: 2/12/92

1/11/92, Day memorial service for the temple. Twenty members of the SGI gathered on the first floor of Kogondo shop à10h morning. Having opened the windows wide, they recited gongyo, prayed and then began loudly Achante songs Gakkai. After several songs, they began to shout strong by the window, with slogans such as "Nikken - Aota are idiots"!

At the beginning of the memorial service, they gathered at the temple, raised a flag and began shouting through a horn statements such as: "We do not need a monk as inept Nikken"! "Get out of the temple"! "Meet our contributions"! etc. ... and demonstrated in the streets emitting à wide volume of songs recorded Gakkai.[Lord, multiple rounds of "Forever Sensei!" Shouldn't that be prohibited by the Geneva Convention?]

As the memorial service ended, they held each gate of the temple and hand out leaflets containing such statements as: "Do not bear the temple!", Members of the temple when they left. This was rapportédans the Chugai Nippo (the heretical religions of Japan with strong affiliations with the Soka Gakkai, which has linked in order to offend the Nichiren Shoshu).

In the afternoon, they gathered again on the first floor of Kogondo with other members and began voicing statements like:

"Get out of here!" We will expel Aota! Ei, Ei, Ohh! " [And I remember reciting "Ei Ei OH!" in SGI in the eighties -- what does it mean? Banzai!?]

"We will sweep the Nikken sect! Do you understand?"

"We will sweep Nikken! We will scan Aota"! {SCAN Aota? Are they going to squeeze him into a copier?]

"Exit làMAINTENANT"!

"Aota banish forever"!

"Do you understand?" Ei, Ei, Ohh! " [And Old MacDonald had a farm. E I E I Oh!]

15/11/92 Service commemorati for Nichimoku Shonin. In the middle of the service, members of SGI again gathered as usual on the first floor of Kongodo, recited gongyo, daimoku, sang songs Gakkai, then went to the temple and vociférèrent statements such as:

"Family Aota, exit the temple"!

"We will attack Until such time that the Nikken sect apologizes to Ikeda sensei!"

"It is a war to exterminate the Nikken sect"!

"It's a war zone"!

"We will crush the organization of the temple in this final battle"!

"Not relax our efforts in the attack on the temple"!

"We will no longer allow this again"!

Gakkai members write emails also called "Nikken" on the steps of Kongodo and made all members of the SGI trampling. Then they built an image of Nikken Shonin and stuck it on crackers. Then they tore into pieces and each ate a share. [Sorry. I know that this isn't funny; it's about religious intolerance, fanaticism and violence -- but, can you imagine? Putting Nikken's likeness on a cracker, breaking it into pieces and eating it. That'll show Nikken, the miserable cracker!]

In addition to the above harassment:

1. Every day from 10:30 à11h30, the SGI members gathered to harass the temple.

2. Members of the SGI wrote graffiti on the exterior walls of the temple.

8. The temple was under constant surveillance by camera clicking SGI

members.

3. The temple received threats and harassment by repeated phone.

4. The temple received repeated threats by postcards.

5. Each day, the chief priest was followed by members of the IMS.

6. Underwear for women were launched in the temple, hanging in the garage and trees. [Again, I know that this is not really funny...but Lord, how can people be so crazy? This sounds like a bad Saturday Night Live skit.]

7. Each member of the temple received visitors from SGI several times. The SGI members harassed them abnormally. One member of the temple who had a fragile constitution, ended up at the hospital for a physical disturbance causéd by stress.

The SGI members committed incidents of obstruction services of the temple above in total contempt of attacks on individual members of the temple in defiance of human rights, harassment, coercion, in violation constitutional rights of religious practice. This is the present conditions.

Report on the incidents.

Original Report Date: 9/11/93

21/10/93, every day from 10:30 on, twenty or thirty members of the Women's Division of SGI congregate on the first floor of Kongodo shop extending flags from the windows with slogans such as "Pray" for the ban demonic priest! "," Next life Aota "!, and then they recited daimoku.[Apparently they don't have enough housework to do.]

3/11/93, thirty members of the Young Men's Division of SGI, headed by a person claiming to be called Kawamoto, entered the temple and asked to have the Rev.. Aota. The Rev. Aota said he would not meet. They began shouting statements such as: "Do not send a postcard!" Get out of the temple "! The Rev. Aota out to talk to them. They did hurl obscenity.

Rev. Aota decided he could not get anywhere with them when he asked them three times to leave or he would call the police. They only continue shout after him. He told them he would call the police and went to. They shouted: "Who's afraid of the police!" Call whoever you want! "And they continued hurling obscenities after him. The Rev. Aota went into another room. They then disappear like little black spiders in the palm of a hand running in all directions. The Rev. Aota out yes! See were gone. They ran to their cars and trucks, and fled quickly. Two police officers arrived and made a report.

14/11/93, Ms. Otani, head of the Division for Women, and twenty other members made their usual program on the first floor of Kongodo shop. Then they went to the temple. Ms. Otani, with its characteristically began shouting hysterically. Since Rev. Aota was not present, Ms. Otani said: "I come back here, no matter how many times"! That evening, she called the Rev. Aota and talked hysterically. The Rev. Aota did not answer.

7/11/93, Forty SGI members came to the temple to protest àPropos postcards that had étéenvoyées Ades SGI members.

In addition to the above, members of the Division of Young Men, Matsumoto, Ogiri, Kawamoto called the temple several times, threatening and harassing the priest. There were six calls. The priest remained silent. Each day, more threatening postcards arrive without mentioning the name of the sender.

Report:

Two signals were introduced on the exterior walls of the temple under the leadership of the police and referring to warnings of prosecution of violators under the Criminal Code, Article 234, for obstructing business by force and violation of the law.

10/11/93, eight members of the SGI transgress the law and harass the priest.

11/11/93, Thirty-one members break the law and harass the priest. Two patrol cars respond at 110 (police emergency) for assistance. Also: Twelve phone calls of protest were received. An anonymous caller.

12/11/93, eight members of the SGI transgress the law and engage in shouting incomprehensible statements of an obscene nature. Two officers respond to 110. Sixteen members of the SGI trangressent law and harass the priest. In addition, ten calls of protest and an anonymous call was received. [But if the statements were incomprehensible, how did they KNOW if the statements were obscene?]

13/11/93 Twenty-two members of the SGI transgress the law and harass the priest. Twenty-four calls of protest were received.

14/11/93 Twenty-five members of the SGI transgress the law and harass. An officer responds. Ten members SGI transgress the law and threaten the priest. The IMS collects the first floor of Kongodo. They order other SGI members not to enter the temple. Two members of the SGI violate and threaten the priest. Six police officers respond to 110. Seven members of the SGI violate the law. Several police officers respond Ades further calls. Nineteen members of the SGI violate the law. A total of sixty-three members of the SGI transgress and cause trouble. In addition, three phone calls of protest and three anonymous calls were received.

15/11/93, fourteen members of the SGI violate the law. They steal all the publications that were on the counter. Two officers respond to 110. The Rev, Aota files complaint for theft. Seven members of the SGI transgress the law and harass. Also: Two calls of protest and three anonymous calls were received. The Rev. Aota discussed with the police on matters relating Ala prosecution of individuals.

16/11/93, thirty-five members of the SGI guilty and engage assault and destruction of the temple area. The Rev. Aota discussed with police violations perpetrated by members of the IMS and received instructions. Many threats were received by telephone. Ten members of the SGI transgress the law and harass the priest.

17/11/93, Fifteen members of the SGI transgress the law and harass the priest.

18/11/93 Six members of the SGI transgress the law and harass the priest.

The above actions of SGI members were clearly committed on the orders of the IMS. Statements such as: "Do not send postcards!" And "Get out of the temple"! were often repeated.

Source: Reports written by the Rev.. Aota, chief priest of the Temple Kyoshinji and filed with local police department; its reports made to the Office of General Affairs of the Nichiren Shoshu.

Kyoshinji Temple

Oaza, 188-10 Mitsushima

Kadoma City, Osaka, Japan
---------------------------------End of Quote----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.