Re: Former SGI members
Posted by: sushigrl ()
Date: January 05, 2010 08:05AM

It must be hard to be married to a death penalty criminal prosecutor in the first place, not to mention that you would have to pass the "Ikeda test" for a suitable mate. That test alone would chase anyone away. Anyone applying for the job of husband in her case would have to survive the scrutiny of the SGI Womens' Division. His faith would have to be spotless, etc.

Sounds like a no brainer to me, that she would be a sort of SGI-Ikeda "nun". He could be her symbolic "husband". Or maybe in the next life, she will find a nice guy. I think that SGI would strongly discourage her from finding anyone for fear of her "taking time away" from cousin rufus. I've seen it happen many times.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Rothaus ()
Date: January 05, 2010 08:28AM

sorry folks a bit confused her, after reading this report - is Ms. Johnson still working for the state of california? I fshe is she mixes private issues with official ones. Sounds ab it like what we call a "banana republic". Does it not?

Posted by: evergreen ()
Date: January 05, 2010 12:59PM

I'm not up to speed on her current job title. Many people do things for their private lives while at the office. But yes, according to the way a banana republic should work Ikeda is the dictator. He is trying to control a commodity - that commodity being his unrelenting lust for power and control. Seems that Linda Johnson is duplicitous and out for her self. What pisses me off is all this underhanded scheming that happens, while none of the SGI members know the true story.
Shady, shady, and more shady.

SGI, The Ikeda Woman, seduction, charisma, flattery
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: January 05, 2010 01:34PM

One part of Ikeda that has not been discussed very much, is his ability to be charismatic, seductive, and an extremely flattering on a one to one basis, with certain people. You can see the people and women he seduces, being mesmerized by him for long periods of time. You can see them bragging that 20 years ago they attended a "very small" meeting with him, like he was royalty.

So the ugly side of Ikeda is there, in how he does business.
But Ikeda would not be where he is, if he could not also be extremely seductive in his own way, to certain people. Many find Ikeda repulsive. But for some reason, certain people fall under his spell.

Its also interesting in how the quotes from Ikeda, he is bragging about his accomplishments, how much money SGI made (from others unpaid labor), and how many SGI centers he's opened up, and the rest of it. Ikeda is an entrepreneur bragging about his business holdings.
Its so strange that so many people can find that to be "Buddhist", when its really the opposite to non-attachment, and other Buddhist precepts.

But the people at the stop of the SGI-USA food chain, at SGI head office, are in a different league all together. Its hard to know what's really going through their heads.
Some of them certainly love the huge paychecks they get from SGI-Ikeda, but its more than just money for most of them.

One has to wonder if the prosecutor in California, also gets paid by SGI-USA, at market rates for a hotshot attorney? Do they get their expenses, hotels, travel, meals...covered by SGI-USA?

This link is not being endorsed but its an article about...The Ikeda Woman...

The Ikeda Woman
By Anthony “Amp” Elmore [www.mybuddhistdiary.com]

another interesting link.

Gandhi, King, and ... Ikeda? [buddhism.about.com]

Posted by: Nichijew ()
Date: January 05, 2010 01:38PM

evergreen
I'm not up to speed on her current job title. Many people do things for their private lives while at the office. But yes, according to the way a banana republic should work Ikeda is the dictator. He is trying to control a commodity - that commodity being his unrelenting lust for power and control. Seems that Linda Johnson is duplicitous and out for her self. What pisses me off is all this underhanded scheming that happens, while none of the SGI members know the true story.
Shady, shady, and more shady.

Dear evergreen:

I have seen on the net, the SGI request to the Japan Patent and Trade office seeking a patent on the Daimoku. So crazy it is nearly unbelievable. I don't have the time right now to find the link but it exists.

Re: SGI, The Ikeda Woman, seduction, charisma, flattery
Date: January 05, 2010 01:42PM

As Kissinger said, Power is the ultimate aphrodisiac.

Ikeda has always understood that, and is able to use that psychological leverage on people who are vulnerable to it.

Date: January 05, 2010 03:20PM

Apparently Tiger Woods is also a "Buddhist"?
Buddhism sure has come a long way from non-attachment and asceticism...maybe Tiger Woods is SGI Soka Gakkai?

Here's a NYT article about Soka Gakkai, about the rampant political corruption, bribery, under-the-table money, influence-peddling, slush funds...

Quote: SGI "is a totally corrupt religious organization"..."Dissidents suggest that behind a facade of international respectability, Mr. Ikeda is a cult leader. Mr. Fujiwara asserts that Mr. Ikeda maintains ''a dictatorship over the Soka Gakkai.''"

Japan Finds Latest Scandal in a Dump
By DAVID E. SANGER, Special to The New York Times
Published: July 20, 1989
[www.nytimes.com]

Posted by: Rothaus ()
Date: January 05, 2010 07:16PM

@ Anticult

As far as I know Tiger Woods mom is practising a form of Thai buddhism.

Posted by: tsukimoto ()
Date: January 06, 2010 05:25AM

The Anticult
One part of Ikeda that has not been discussed very much, is his ability to be charismatic, seductive, and an extremely flattering on a one to one basis, with certain people. You can see the people and women he seduces, being mesmerized by him for long periods of time. You can see them bragging that 20 years ago they attended a "very small" meeting with him, like he was royalty.

So the ugly side of Ikeda is there, in how he does business.
But Ikeda would not be where he is, if he could not also be extremely seductive in his own way, to certain people. Many find Ikeda repulsive. But for some reason, certain people fall under his spell.

Yes. A number of SGI women have fallen under Ikeda's spell. Mombu.com discussed certain members of the Women's Division in Japan who are alleged to have been his mistresses. However, he's certainly capable of turning on the charm with men, too, when he chooses.

The speaker is Dr. Mahjid Tehranian, director of the Toda Institute in Hawaii.

-------------------------Beginning of quote----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[www2.hawaii.edu]
QUOTE:
"When I went to Tokyo in 1992 I met Daisaku Ikeda for a brief meeting. But our conversation lasted for three hours. We talked about the Silk Road and its role in the dialogue between Buddhism and Islam. I was astonished about his extraordinary knowledge of the culture of this area. We talked about Rumi (Jaalal ed-Din Rumi, Poesie mistiche, Bur, 1980, trad. A. Bausani), the great Sufi poet of the 13th century. Rumi wrote in a long poem, "Oh, I know not myself. I'm neither Muslim, nor a Christian, nor a . I belong to the Spirit of the spirits" (p. 63).

That kind of universal spirit, reflecting Buddhism and Sufism, is particularly represented by the Soka Gakkai. I found Ikeda sensei a kindred spirit to Rumi, Hafez, and other Sufi poets and philosophers. He knew them all. That delighted me. When I went back to my hotel I wrote a poem for him. I quoted Rumi, who sang in one poem, "there are many Turks who speak Turkish but don't understand each other. But there are many Hindus and Turks who speak differently but talk the language of the heart, and they understand each other." I told Ikeda, "We speak the language of the heart, you are Japanese, I am Persian, you are Buddhist, I am Muslim, but we come together, and we understand each other." That was the beginning of our friendship and collaboration."
------------------------------------------End of Quote-------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was also quoted on page 47 of this thread.

Posted by: tsukimoto ()
Date: January 06, 2010 05:40AM

Rothaus
@ Anticult

As far as I know Tiger Woods mom is practising a form of Thai buddhism.

Yes -- I got this from [www.buddhistchannel.com.TV]

---------------Beginning of Quote-----------------------------------------------------------------

Missing from Woods's description of his daily routine is meditation - learnt from his Buddhist mother and one element of a religion that shapes much of his attitude to life.

"I practice meditation - that is something that I do, that my mum taught me over the years. We also have a thing we do every year, where we go to temple together," he said.
----------------End of Quote------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If he's meditating and going to the temple, then he can't be SGI! And if he had been SGI, SGI would have been bragging about him, at least until all of his affairs came out.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.