Pages: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7
I want Eckhart Tolle out
Posted by: Tiredofthis ()
Date: October 27, 2010 05:30AM

...out of my brain and out of my consciousness. I'm really tired of the depersonalized hypnobabble from the power of now that plays and scrolls through my head day after day, as it has ever since i read the book more than a year ago. Not a single day goes (or has gone) by when i don't think of him and his teachings. I actually feel like he's living inside my head.
I'm currently a full-time student at university and i often have trouble concentrating in class and managing/budgeting my time because it always feels as though the man himself is always beside me: judging (and washing over) each thought that comes into my head and each action i take. It's as if i'm in fear that i'm always doing something the 'proper' way (lest everything falls apart in my life) and that my thoughts aren't of the 'bad' variety and that i'm 'right' to act on acertain thought that comes at any particular moment.
I understand that this wasn't probably the guy's intent but this is the effect it has had on me. Having said that i really don't mind my current state itself (the stilllness) and even enjoy it. I AM, however, kind of tired of the feeling he's living in my brain and i am being judged all the time as well as his hypnotic phrases that skim through my brain day after day. How can i get the guy out?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I want Eckhart Tolle out
Date: October 27, 2010 06:51AM

Another thing - i'm getting pretty tired of the feeling that i'm 'f'loating'- that i'm not really 'in' time but rather 'outside' of time. I get particularly anxious when i must use time to get something done, like an assignment or writing a test becauase 1. i can't really feel it since i'm not in it and 2. I feel that my brainwashed state makes it harder to concentrate and my affected consciousness slows me down: that everything that i do (and have been doing) is slower and i get the nagging sense that i would've been able to get much more done have i not been in this state.

Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: October 27, 2010 07:35AM

IDEAS on how to KICK-OUT byron katie from your Mind-Soul-Life forever [forum.culteducation.com]

Date: October 27, 2010 08:33AM

The Anticult
IDEAS on how to KICK-OUT byron katie from your Mind-Soul-Life forever [forum.culteducation.com]

And what the hell exactly does byron katie have to do with my post???

Posted by: Hope ()
Date: October 27, 2010 10:16PM

Tiredofthis,

They all use the same tactics, borrow the same techniques, and screw people out of their money and sanity the same way. You'll be astounded at the similarities between Byron Katie and Tolle.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: October 27, 2010 10:38PM

Tired, sounds like you're going through a lot.

Best way to arrange to get relief is look at the list of recommended exit counselors in the section of this website (www.culteducation.com) entitled 'Getting Help'.

Consult first with an exit counselor, as they are the ones who are trained to understand the issues of floating, zoning out that are frequent after effects.

Exit counselors are professionals and will have other professionals in their networks who are savvy about these matter and whom they can consult with to ensure you get the kind of assistance that is personalized to match what you're describing.

IDEAS on how to KICK-OUT (Eckhart Tolle) from your Mind-Soul-Life
Date: October 28, 2010 03:45AM

Getting Tolle out of one's brain, is pretty much the same process as getting Byron Katie out of one's brain.
BK and Tolle use very similar techniques on people. Byron Katie might actually be worse, but of course each person responds differently.
Check out that thread, and try using those techniques on the mental constructs created by the Tolle processes.

IDEAS on how to KICK-OUT (Eckhart Tolle) byron katie from your Mind-Soul-Life forever [forum.culteducation.com]

Date: October 28, 2010 04:52AM

Thanks for responding everyone. Also, how the hell can i get my thinking mind back? It's been so numbed out i really feel i've gotten dumber.. Anything i can do or is this permanent?

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: October 28, 2010 06:14AM

Date: October 28, 2010 10:23AM

Its not permanent, say the experts.
For serious issues, always see a trained, licensed professional. Person to person.

For books, these can get ones healthy thinking back. They are at libraries for free.

Feeling Good Handbook, by Dr, David Burns [en.wikipedia.org]

Demon Haunted World, Carl Sagan [en.wikipedia.org]

mindovermood.com/ [www.mindovermood.com]

Pages: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.