Current Page: 2 of 3
Islam and it's problems today
Posted by: JanieBeast ()
Date: February 06, 2007 10:33AM

For Abc,

Firstly you are writing to a predominantly Christian audience (at least people who were raised in a Christian society.) Many believe the biblical view that god has condemned arabs to be forever at war, the land of the jews shall never be parted, and you are descendants of Ismael which further cursed you. What you live is pre-ordained, but consider your audience.

Here where I live there is one of the largest middle eastern settlements outside the middle east. Yasser Arafat came here to visit, we had Iraqi voting here, etc. I learned to read and write up to about 2nd grade Lebanese level and was able to speak some casual Arabic. The muslims have call to prayer heard over speakers (that went to court and they CAN do it.) So, yeah, we've got a few muslims here.

There are many different versions of the Koran. The one I was given (translated to English) was a shiite version. It read like a hate manual on western society, as did their sentiments of western people. In the case of the shiite muslims in southern lebanon? There is no good apple. They hate western society, proudly headed up the hamas, and have been at war for generations preceding WW2. Most of them are familiar with bombings, death of close family or friend due to war, etc. These people are traumatized which results in even less tolerance and more hatred towards its perceived enemy - western society.

You and I will never know for certain whether a man (possibly named jesus or mohammed) some years ago ordered anything. Nobody on this planet knows it for fact. Islam has rules and they differ from village to village, country to country. It is not black and white across all denominations. I know this for fact. I have seen various versions of the Koran, and spoken with various leaders of the different sects.

Maybe not [u:21c325170a][b:21c325170a]all[/b:21c325170a][/u:21c325170a] muslims are terrorists, but it sometimes seems like all terrorists are muslim (or at least very argumentative.) :wink: The only other country I know of whose citizens flew airplanes into buildings is Japan during WW2. I detect your middle eastern accent Abc. Especially when you say:

People are not stupid to listen to your stupid words telling them Islam is terrorist....
Re-read that sentence. What you've just said is that we're clever to listen to people who say Islam represents terror. Hmmm.

if you wanna to debate with me I'm ready,and you are welcome....
When tempers flare, the grammar is the first thing to go.

Do not try to fool people and we will see...
See what? We, as a society, have a right to speak our minds as individuals. Try [b:21c325170a]that [/b:21c325170a]in your home country.

People will judge and surely they know the right from the wrong..........

In this predominantly Christian country, people are taught from a young age - judge not lest ye be judged. The proper reply to any god loving fanatic such as yourself is - no god does not condone or require judgment by anyone, except on judgment day if you believe in that.

You are very confrontational and argumentative. If we were to ban middle easterners in our country, it would be a [u:21c325170a][b:21c325170a]lot[/b:21c325170a][/u:21c325170a] safer. Should we do that? No. We don't like the way you bicker, debate, argue, and push yourselves on us as a society, but respect your right to do it.

Go back home and study for your next TOEFL exam, and see if you can't get a better score.

Jane

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Abc ()
Date: February 07, 2007 11:17AM

I've sent my reply about Camel Urine,and how other nations used it and today it us used in India ( holly cow Urine ) but my reply is not there....???
I even can't say my point of view here,so what's the purpose of this site?????
if you like to put here what it seems to you hurts the muslims and Islam,and you don't want to put what it shows the truth and say my point of view,and show what some people are hiding behind their writing in this site....
I need to know why my answer hasn't been showed up here???????

Posted by: rachel1965 ()
Date: February 07, 2007 12:13PM

Abc
let me tell you if you pick up an apple from tree and you find it rotten will you see the whole apples in this tree and the whole tree is no good??????

(First, I think the "question mark" key is stuck on your computer! With all due respect, excessive punctuation weakens whatever message you may have.)

I do understand that when your religion is under attack, you feel threatened. However, please try to think about this: many, many terrorist attacks (many more than merely one) have indeed been by Muslims. Does that mean that all Muslims are terrorists? Of course not. However, it really isn't just a case of "one" or "two" terrorist attacks. The attacks are much too numerous to count.

Here's a question for you: why don't the peaceful Muslims speak in a louder voice to denounce terrorism?

It would be "stupid" (to employ your oft-used word) to ignore the fact that most major acts of terrorism in the late 20th century and now the 21st century have, unfortunately, been carried out by Muslims. As a peaceful Muslim, how do you feel about that?

Date: February 07, 2007 11:46PM

Abc
I've sent my reply about Camel Urine,and how other nations used it and today it us used in India ( holly cow Urine ) but my reply is not there....???
Perhaps the entire topic of camel urine is offensive to western civilization. Your culture (you) and mine need to respect each other.

I even can't say my point of view here,so what's the purpose of this site?????
If you feel it is unfair, why are you here?

if you like to put here what it seems to you hurts the muslims and Islam,and you don't want to put what it shows the truth and say my point of view,and show what some people are hiding behind their writing in this site....
Just because it is your opinion doesn't make it truth for ALL muslims. It is just that, [u:9e6939bc4b][b:9e6939bc4b]your [/b:9e6939bc4b][/u:9e6939bc4b]opinion.

I need to know why my answer hasn't been showed up here???????
Posting that question here is pointless. We are not moderators. You might try writing to the people that run this site. Also, please note the purpose of the site before posting.

Jane

Posted by: yasmin ()
Date: February 08, 2007 03:28AM

ABC,, re posts not showing up: often there is a problem ( for everbody, irrespective of religion) with getting their posts to show up.The moderator will be able to tell you if they stopped it;you could contact rrmoderator/Rick Ross and ask .

Generally it seems that the moderator edits/warns the poster and the message board if the message is edited or not posted.

For a technical error , try this:
If it doesn't submit, log in again, use the back button until you find the post , then resubmit until it tells you that it has gone through.

There can be a delay when you first start posting between submitting and getting the message on the board, think the delay is based on whether the moderator is available to check the message at that time or not.

Hope this helps.

Date: February 14, 2007 03:30AM

Dear friend : let me answer your question about camel urine...you thought you did good...!!!!
Let's see if you are infected by HIV and your doctor tells you to drink urine or eat Sh. will you do it?????? you can tell me the truth i won't tell no body knows heheheh...
If you say yes I'm the winner,if you say no you are going to die,in both cases i'm the winner...is that clear???? let me go back to the subject:
Let's see the Urine as you are taking it a big deal to use it as a weapon against muslims: Do you think Urine is toxic???
Stools is the garbage of the body. It is toxic. Urine is not toxic. Tigers are known to drink their urine. Many people in extreme situation, survived without food and water because they drank their urine.Some of the constituents of urine are being used and tested for their potential or actual therapeutic value: urea for example is found in many drugs.Sorry to let you know that. It is also true that some other substances in urine are also good for you. The amniotic fluid of a pregnant woman contains the fetus urine.Urinotherapy is to drink some of YOUR OWN urine from the first urine of the morning...
urinotherapy.,It is known in Russia, China, Japan and India and lately in other places in the world, including the US. It is a practice that dates back 4,000 years.
Hindus drank the holy cow's urine mohamed arabized the notion of camel urine, i.e. camelized it.He didn't order you to drink it everyday...(If you are sick)...Through history,before christianity and Islam...the fighters(knights) used to use horse urine to clean their wounds...
Moreover, urinotherapy is not only drinking urine but also cleaning wounds, balming the skin or the hair, apply on the chest, forehead or muscles or anywhere painful, cleaning the throat and the nose when having a stuffy nose or cleaning the eye and the ear....
some people who fought and won their cancer by drinking one cup of their urine every morning. Millions of people do urinotherapy in the world today (3 millions minimum in China alone). And that the First World Conference on Urine Therapy took place in India in February 1996 and the second in 1998 in Germany. And that some charitable organizations for the relief of the cows in India are selling cows' urine as a fundraising...
urinotherapy existed thousands of year before mohamed and urinotherapy is about mainly your OWN urine except in India where they used and uses the cow's urine because cows are holy.Is the camel a holy camel?I don't think so, Human urine is impure in islam but not the camel's.
You used camel Urine against Islam,while you have already drunk the cow urine...[/b][/size:7850d3f39b]

Date: February 14, 2007 01:26PM

Ladies and Gentlemen, I think this illustrates the idealogy of this troll. This argument will continue and the topics they bring up will be dodged repeatedly. One of the best debate tricks is to switch the topic.

I'm waiting for an answer on is in my original post to you Abc. Go back to my first answer, and try to actually reply to the issues at hand. You posted, I replied. What an essay on camel urine in other countries and other religions has to do with THIS is beyond me. We weren't talking about Aids, we were talking about the middle east and the problems in the islamic religion.

What say you?

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: February 14, 2007 10:45PM

Warning---

Let's try to keep things civil and avoid flaming.

Date: February 16, 2007 08:32AM

To JanieBeast: First of all i'm not from middle east,and English is my fourth language so far,I speak French, learnt arabic,German,Italian and i think everybody can understand my language very good so far,and I don't have to have TOEFL to understand me,do I ?
Let's go back to the subject:
-You said: There are many different versions of the Koran.
I tell you there is only one version of the Koran,and it is written in Arabic,and there is no a shiite version,or Suni version...( This is your mistake ).Even its translation from Arabic to another languages are not accurate 100%,may be you have to go back to school to better yourself and your knowledge,I doubt the fact that you know anything about Islam,so how can you judge or talk about something you do not know?
-You said:You and I will never know for certain whether a man (possibly named jesus or mohammed) some years ago ordered anything. Nobody on this planet knows it for fact.
Now like you are telling me that the History is false,and there is no history at all,you are denying history...What a shame! one can hear that from a person in the 21st century...
I guess you don't have the platform(Mr TOEFL) to discuss with me any subject concerning Islam,Terrorists...etc.I'm Just wasting my time.
I go back to the guy jonny2mad who put that site of Ali Sina,he is already in his site having problems with Khalid Zaheer,he is twisting verses,repeating his ideas to fill up the space...You can go back to the site and check that out,and check the challenge there,and see how he is doing,he is speechless,you can guess I'm there too.
Islam respects all religions,moreover,it tells you do not accept anything till you shake its fact,and you have to worship God by knowledge not just following the others like a robot...Islam is knowledge.
About Terrorists,I think wherever are a group of human beings there is terrorists either muslims,christians,jewish ,hindousm...etc,and Islam is like other religion is against terrorists.
I'm respecting the site,and the other ideas so be logic and open-minded to discuss anything,and do not judge religions while looking to the action of its people,because if you do so that would be unfair judgment,making the teaching and the ideas of that religion misunderstood.
You can hate Islam,Christianity...etc but you have to discuss it with knowledge and prove your ideas,and your thoughts,and what do you suggest for the others?
Thanks.
[/b][/size:fbe7fa23e6]

Posted by: shakti ()
Date: February 17, 2007 01:37AM

Abc
[b:2130418404]
Islam respects all religions,moreover,it tells you do not accept anything till you shake its fact,and you have to worship God by knowledge not just following the others like a robot...Islam is knowledge.
Thanks.
[/b:2130418404][/size:2130418404]

I am willing to discuss Islam and I would agree that there is only one true Koran. Maybe we could discuss certain verses that seem to go against the notion that the Koran is a book of peace. Certain passages in the Koran troubled me and I have had a hard time getting clear answers from Muslims on how some of these passages should be interpreted in light of Muhammad being considered a man of peace.

Like this one, for example. It seems as though Allah is commanding Muslims to fight non-believers until the end of the world, or at least until they pay a tax, and feel subjugated. Is this a proper interpretation or am I misunderstanding this particular sura?

"9.29": Fight those who do not believe in Allah, nor in the latter day, nor do they prohibit what Allah and His Apostle have prohibited, nor follow the religion of truth, out of those who have been given the Book, until they pay the tax in acknowledgment of superiority and they are in a state of subjection.

Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.