Current Page: 6 of 12
Fearless Black Widows celebrate death
Posted by: Vera City ()
Date: February 04, 2014 06:56PM

The romance of marrying jihadis...Fearless Black Widows celebrate death . . .nihilism in Islam.

This is not religious freedom or a cultural difference. This is a dangerous cult.

Options: ReplyQuote
Three things you (probably) don't know about islam
Date: February 06, 2014 04:22PM

Well done Video.
Three things you (probably) don't know about islam

How does this not equal a dangerous cult?

Feminsit Silence on Islamic Abuse of Women
Date: February 12, 2014 03:42PM

Late 20th century feminism was forwarded by women writers like Germaine Greer, Betty Friedan, Gloria Steinem, and many others. I have puzzled over the silence and worse, the apologies from the women's movement over Islamic abuse of women.

There seems to be an inability to draw a line between culture and human rights.
This is explicitly illustrated by the following article.

MPs attack Greer on female circumcision

BBC News
MPs have launched an attack on the feminist writer Germaine Greer for what they say is her defence of female circumcision.

A resolution against female genital mutilation was passed by the World Health Organisation in 1994, and charities including Womankind Worldwide say that the practice contravenes UNICEF's convention on the rights of the child.

In her recent book, The Whole Woman, Ms Greer argued that attempts to outlaw the practice amounted to "an attack on cultural identity", adding: "One man's beautification is another man's mutilation." [Curiously she is coming from a man's perspective. She is also abysmally ignorant of why women are "circumcised". The reason is counter to feminism. click here for more info: Female Genital Mutilation ]
She said that women should have the right to undergo genital mutilation as a form of "self-decoration" and posed the question: "If an Ohio punk has the right to have her genitalia operated on, why has not the Somali woman the same right?" [uhhh...because most mutilations are done before the age of consent and by force, not choice. Both are dangerous practices.]

However, in a report published on Thursday - coincidentally the International Day Against Violence Towards Women - the select committee accused Ms Greer of a "misplaced sense of the sanctity of culture".

The MPs cited figures from the World Health Organisation which estimated that between 85 and 115 million women worldwide had undergone some form of genital mutilation which doubles their risk of dying in childbirth and can increase by three to four times the chances their children will be stillborn.

Girls learning about circumcision in Keyna
The MPs' report also says that Ms Greer takes "no account of the purposes of female genital mutilation, nor the lack of choice for those young girls on whom it is inflicted.

"Equating the forcible clitoridectomy of an eight-year-old girl with the voluntary body-piercing of an American teenager is absurd.

"Culture can no longer be used as an excuse for inaction on securing women's rights," the MPs concluded.

Because the operation is often carried out in non-sterile conditions, sometimes using kitchen knives or pieces of glass, there is a risk that the child or woman could die of infections such a septicaemia.

Organisations like Womankind Worldwide works towards abolishing the practice with measures such as providing grants for traditional circumcisors - who make their living from performing the operations - to set up other businesses.

Rape is OK in Islamic Countries says Arab Lawyer
Date: February 13, 2014 02:41PM

Syrian Islamist Beheading in Allepo
Date: February 17, 2014 06:17PM

[Warning: Graphic] What makes this so horrifying is that it is so banal as the "rebels" are joking around like any young guys making a funny YouTube video. Not only is it a war atrocity (think Abu Ghraib) but a decidedly Islamic one (beheading being the Koranic way).

Syrian Islamist Brutality

I like the question "What is responsible?" not "Who is responsible?"
What systems are in place that changes a person?
How do good people turn evil?
What circumstances cause people to become cruel, destructive, indifferent, or villianous?

Cults create the circumstance and systems that allow for undesired behaviors. I am focusing this thread on violent and world dominating forms of Islam.

Philip Zimbardo: The psychology of evil

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2014 06:21PM by Vera City.

What is the attraction of violent jihadism, and thar mentality?
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: February 18, 2014 04:58AM

The promise of superiority.

[forum.culteducation.com]

"To tell men that they are equal has a certain sentimental appeal. But this appeal is small compared with that made by a propaganda that tells them that they are superior and that others are inferior to them."

Karl R. Popper, The Open Society and Its Enemies: The Spell of Plato -
Volume 1, page 96 Princeton University Press, 1966

My hunch is that no matter what its doctrine or methods, a cult offers members a promise of becoming special or assurance that one is superior versis those who do not see the appeal of the cult -- or are put off by it.

Anyone, including Muslims who refuse to agree with thar or violent jihadism would be considered inferior and legitimate targets for death.

Phyllis Chesler has recently published a memoir. In the 1970s, she met a man from an upper class family in Afghanistan. Both were students in an American university.

This gentleman was a joy and a delight. But when they wed and went to his home and family in Kabul, he returned to the influence of his clan and the norms of the culture he had grown up in. Chesler found herself a prisoner, berated as a Jew.

She managed with the utmost difficulty to leave Afghan under an Afghan passport, concealing that she was dangerously ill and also pregnant.

She returned to the West, and miscarried.

It required years for her to re-establish her standing as an American citizen.

I found it unbearable to read this book. It shows how the Thar mentality remains in all its tenacity, despite the veneer of a western education.

An American Bride in Kabul: A Memoir :: by Phyllis CheslerUpon arrival, Afghan authorities seized her American passport, and Chesler
found herself trapped as the property of her husband's polygamous family,
without ...
www.phyllis-chesler.com/books/an-american-bride-in-kabul - 48k - Cached - Similar pages

An American Bride in Kabul: A Memoir: Phyllis Chesler ...Second-wave feminist Chesler delves into her past with this memoir detailing her
long-ago marriage to an Afghan man and the months spent with his family in ...
www.amazon.com/An-American-Bride-Kabul.../dp/0230342213 - 302k - Cached - Similar pages

My life of hell in an Afghan harem | New York PostSep 21, 2013 ... Naive and in love, I married a man from Kabul — only to discover the horrible life
of a fundamentalist Muslim wife. Phyllis Chesler, 72, is a ...
nypost.com/2013/09/21/my-life-of-hell-in-an-afghan-harem/ - 79k - Cached - Similar pages

Final thought

I dare suggest that in Paradise they say that they long for, the jihadists would start another fight. They would would become bored with Paradise itself and want to feel superior to everyone else there.

Marriage and Relationship Traps -- a resource
Date: February 21, 2014 11:31PM

[www.danielpipes.org]

Too often the roots of terrorism simmer in cultures that devalue both outsders -- and devalue and fear women.

If you are used to living in an open society, it can be difficult to identify someone who has the surface features of functioning in open society, but who will revert to closed society/thar brutality when in private, and especially among family and in home culture.

Insight into the mind of one who has thar mentality
Date: February 22, 2014 12:15AM

[webcache.googleusercontent.com]

This article is about fraudlent relationships.

And one discussant described the consequences of evil behavior -- and did so using thar mentality.

(quote)ZionistSlayer
Moroccan Men who take advantage of European and American women suffer terribly. At first it looks like they are getting over, but believe me, in the end they suffer horribly. I have seen many, “khalids” who manipulate older American, European and sometimes even Moroccan women. But let me tell you what happens to them after they have used these women….

They become Alcoholics and drug addicts for years, they often end up getting raped in jail and contract horrible diseases. The ones who do not seem to suffer these outwardly visible disasters suffer just the same, as they develop horrible relationships with their children, especially their girls, and their daughters often end up becoming prostitutes and drug addicts and their boys end up being gay.

Ladies, gentlemen, BELIEVE ME, God is very just – These men who act without integrity ALWAYS reap what they have sown – so if you are a young man, out there thinking that you are taking advantage of older American, European or Moroccan women – trust me that you will reap the same evil from the world that you are inflicting – you will grow up knowing deep down that you were not man enough to make it on your own through hard work, you will know deep down that you are not a real man and that you needed to depend on duping a woman, thus, you will end up sleeping with other men and worse!

(unquote)

So, this is God's justice, according to Thar mentality.

To have children who by the standards of Sharia are sexual 'sinners'.

That ones children have inherant human dignity apart from the belief system of their male parent is not even part of the mental universe of thar.

Support for persons who have left Islam
Date: March 03, 2014 10:18AM

Apostates of Islam

[www.apostatesofislam.com]

"Who we are:

We are ex-Muslims. Some of us were born and raised in Islam and some of us had converted to Islam at some moment in our lives. We were taught never to question the truth of Islam and to believe in Allah and his messenger with blind faith. We were told that Allah would forgive all sins but the sin of disbelief (Quran 4:48 and 4:116). But we committed the ultimate sin of thinking and questioned the belief that was imposed on us.."

Why I am not a Muslim by Ibn Warraq

[www.google.com]

The unofficial Ibn Warraq website - long list of good links.

[unoffibnwarraq.webs.com]

Note on Ibn Warraq's book
Date: March 03, 2014 10:27AM

It seems that one stance used by Warraq was the position that the Koran was actually authored a couple of centuries after the death of Mohommed.

This is a controversial stance. But from what I have seen of the book so far, Warraq has done a very good job of establishing that the Koran was influenced by other religions -- it was not something that existed prior to Time.

And Warraq makes clear that negotiation cannot succeed with Islamists. They desire that everyone live in a closed society in which women are ontologically inferior to males, and that open, non Muslim societies are inferior as well.

Daniel Pipes review

[www.danielpipes.org]

Turning political correctness exactly on its head, he ((Ibn Warraq) ) condemns the early Islamic conquests and condones European colonialism. "Bowing toward Arabia five times a day," he writes, referring to the Islamic prayer toward Mecca, "must surely be the ultimate symbol of . . . cultural imperialism""

Current Page: 6 of 12

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.