MY OPINION
Posted by: SIR_INFERNAL ()
Date: May 31, 2004 11:45PM

[i:ea48b11c51] IN MY OPINION THE BRAINWASHING IN ITS PURE SENSE, DON´T EXIST; ´CAUSE AT LEAST HALF OF THE PEOLPLE WHO ARE A "KAMIKASE" HAS BEEN FORCE TOO DO IT, RARELY THEY BELIEVE IN THE PEOPLE WHO CHIEF THEM.[/color:ea48b11c51][/i:ea48b11c51] :?
[u:ea48b11c51]I´M SICK OF THAT &%$ OF "BRAINWASHING", IT´S ALIVE IN EVERY SINGLE CULT OR RELIGION, I´M TIRED OF SEEING PEOPLE WHO DOESN´T CARE ABOUT THE FEELING AND LIFE OF ANOTHER HUMAN BEING[/u:ea48b11c51][/color:ea48b11c51] :x [/u][/i]

Options: ReplyQuote
MY OPINION
Posted by: les benton ()
Date: October 22, 2004 08:14AM

The entire human species has been brainwashed from day one. Nothing is new.
I believe that there is someone, or something, "out there" that knows more about our "brain" than we do. Otherwise how could brainwashing exist? And why?

MY OPINION
Posted by: larryparamed ()
Date: October 07, 2005 07:00AM

les benton
The entire human species has been brainwashed from day one. Nothing is new.
I believe that there is someone, or something, "out there" that knows more about our "brain" than we do. Otherwise how could brainwashing exist? And why?

Of course. God.
Consider this. If we are made in His image, and as clever as we are we sure don't compare to Him. We sure can't make a galaxy.

MY OPINION
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: October 07, 2005 07:29PM

Please avoid preaching, which is against the rules.

MY OPINION
Posted by: larrye2001 ()
Date: April 09, 2006 03:14PM

brainwashing is limiting or changing the information a person has. Everyone of us is brainwashed to some degree, advertising a product is a form of brainwashing, if you feel you need a product to be happy then your temporally brainwashed.

MY OPINION
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: April 09, 2006 09:57PM

No not at all.

"Brainwashing" or thought reform is much more specific and has a much more narrow focus.

See [www.culteducation.com]

Notice the distinctions made by psychologist Margaret Singer between advertising and thought reform.

See [www.culteducation.com]

This link defines thought reform precisely.

Cult apologists often try to blur these distinctions so as to dismiss reports from former cult members that they were "brainwashed."

MY OPINION
Posted by: Muchedhaz ()
Date: July 08, 2006 02:25AM

Too early...

MY OPINION
Date: July 08, 2006 10:45PM

This is an area that for me remains grey. And perhaps it is in the grey areas that a person's belief becomes defined: that most fundamental core belief that predicates all others.

My interest in these matters with, for example, Scientologists and Landmark zombies and Lubavitcher Jews, is what they "core believe". What, ultimately, is fundamentally different, the core difference, between belief.

The brainwashing question seems to me to be such a core belief: can an individual's own personal functioning be "taken over" by another?

Can belonging to a cult and being personally responsible, co-exist?

MY OPINION
Posted by: zelig ()
Date: July 21, 2006 01:43AM

Brainwashing does exist. It does depend on both the suseptibility or vulnerability of the individual, coupled with the intensity and frequency of the coercion or "pay off". The deeper the "hook" and the longer the exposure, the more difficult it becomes to percieve the truth. It has nothing to do with intelligence or willpower. I'd even like to see if there is research that shows similar brain chemistry changes as does drug usage.

MY OPINION
Posted by: Brad69 ()
Date: August 29, 2006 02:06AM

Brain chemistry changes do take place. Just how similar they are to the changes caused by drug usage, I can't remember.

Information on this can be found in the excellent book "Snapping: America's Epidemic of Sudden Personality Change" by Flo Conway and Jim Siegelman.

Unfortunately, I have lent it to someone so cannot access it now, but the subject is dealt with in the book which is certainly one the best I have read on brainwashing, mind control, thought reform, coercive persuasion, all the many names...

I know it is a recommended read by Rick Ross.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.