Eagles wings
Posted by: MirrorImage ()
Date: June 21, 2010 08:20AM

A mother who sent her to a christian place that help with addictims and issues has come to me worried that she sent her daughter to a cult. In the therapy sessions they neglect to mentim Jesus and focus just on the church the program is through. They manipulate girls who want to leave with guilt and love bombing. The program is called Eagles wings, its simillar to teen challenge. Does anyone think this group has cult like tendencies?

Re: Eagles wings
Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: June 22, 2010 07:46AM

There is an Eagles Wings retreat in Texas that appears to be run by Catholics but encourages all christians to attend.

Then there is this one that seems to cater to women. Is this the one you mean?
[www.emilyfitchpatrick.com]

Very amusing to me was the poor writing: Example from who Emily FitchPatrick is:

QUOTE:Emily Fitchpatrick, Founder

Emily’s passion for hurting women stems from a background of drug and alcohol abuse.
UNQUOTE.

So Emily WANTS to hurt women because of her drug and alcohol abuse? I know what she meant, but it may be time for her to find a new site moderator.

You can't make this stuff up!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2010 07:51AM by Sparky.

Posted by: OEWM ()
Date: July 25, 2010 09:01PM

To Mirror Image, you have the wrong Eagles Wings Ministries. I am not sure who you are talking about?
To Sparky, no...we do not WANT to hurt women. I think you knew the point we were making.

Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: July 25, 2010 09:53PM

Sarcasm, OEWM. Sarcasm.

I am sure Emily Fitchpatrick doesn't want to physically hurt women...only, perhaps, their wallets.

Also in answer to this:

please remove
To: Sparky
Date: 07/25/2010 03:02PM

Please remove the quote you have about Emily Fitchpatrick. It is mean, and needs to be removed.

1) I have no moderation abilities here to remove a post even if I wanted to.

2) I don't want to. I was showing the poorly worded web work at On Eagles Wings

3) If I made any sort of comment that was not in tone with this board, rrmoderator would delete it and warn me directly.

You also say that MirrorImage is wrong in that she/he has the wrong Eagles Wings. How do any of us know that? It looks like Fitchpatrick's group could fit the bill...I mean, they are clearly christian themed and not buddhist, for example.

Do they give vast amounts of love and attention to people who attend to make them feel a part of the group and break down their shells? (Love Bombing).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2010 10:04PM by Sparky.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.