Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Can an abusive religious leader be stopped?
Posted by: chrisjones ()
Date: September 23, 2007 07:25AM

It isnt surprising that power hungry people find their way to any religious ministry. Paedophiles find schools etc. Abusive clergy target vulnerable people and then inflict what is their own religious interpretation on the congregants. In two examples I am aware involving New Frontiers, controlling leaders who follow the Apostolic Ministry of Men effectively excommunicate any member who question their God Given ministry. This causes immense distress amongst those excluded. These individuals are made to feel ultimate sinners and subjected to social approbation and isolation from the community. Until members of all strict religious movements apply the same thinking as they would in their daily lives then little can be done. Other professionals now have annual appraisal etc Why doesnt this happen in orthodox religion. Always worth checking all financial details of institution, particularly if it is a registered charity. Abusive clergy expecting high standards are often less pure in their own financial dealings.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can an abusive religious leader be stopped?
Posted by: pema ()
Date: May 21, 2008 12:52AM

Does anyone who reads this thread share my concern that the *lama* Sogyal Lakar (Known as Rinpoche) has been rehabilitated into maintsream Tibetan Buddhism? Sogyal is a sexual predator on a grand scale. I first started investigating his activities in the mid 1990s...some time later a woman known as Janice Doe sued him for sexual harrassment and physical absue. The case was settled out of court. I have an extended interview with *Janice Doe* on audio tape, together with an archive of testimony from other indviduals -- dating almost to the present day. Sogyal is due to be a guest teacher at the forthcoming teachings given by His Holiness the Dalai Lama in Nottingham, UK next week. He was also a guest speaker at HHDL's teachings in Glasgow a couple of years ago. HHDL has visited Sogyal's grandiose establishment Lerab Ling, in France. I have much respect for HHDL, but I am distressed by the apparent *look away* attitude of the Tibetan Buddhist establishment which allows this odious little man to assume such a high profile role. Can an abusive religious leader be stopped? I would like to see answers to this question because Sogyal seems to well Teflon coated. In addition, he was never formally trained as a lama and did not write The Tibetan book of Living and Dying -- the best seller attributed to him. He did, however, trouser the royalties.

Re: Can an abusive religious leader be stopped?
Posted by: marjo ()
Date: July 31, 2008 10:32PM

I'd like to have more details on Sogyal Lakark - it's it possible to see you archive of testimony from other individuals dating to the present day, has you say?

It's seem that in the automn 2007, there were another case of abuse in France. But all the disciples said that it's was only a "rumor". But I came in contact with a lady who was there and know everything. She tries to denonce the abuse, but like in l994, the disciples says it's not true, it's impossible, ect. She wrote a letter to Penor Rinpoche and to the Dalai Lama in october 2007, but now answers.

Please send me a personnal message...

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.