Current Page: 21 of 21
Question for Alcoholics Anonymous experts.
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: August 24, 2006 10:51PM

barabara:

Don't you think putting words in [b:d7006edd58]bold [/b:d7006edd58] is a bit pushy and over-the-top?

It seems just a bit obsessive.

Bold text should be used correctly for titles and attributions, or to draw attention to notes etc.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: barabara ()
Date: August 24, 2006 10:58PM

Is there some reason that you have singled me out as the focus of your attention?
For instance, please review this page, which you did not object to:
[board.culteducation.com]
Colter's posts are not only emphasized in bold, but in bold extra large, and yet you did not seem to mind.

It seems to me that I am the primary source of legitimate information as written by AA, universities, researchers, and others, as well as my own experience.
Furthermore, I have been the target of personal attacks, and demands for my "ousting".

You have repeatedly chosen to ignore any complaints I have made about flames against myself.

Yet I seem to be the person most interested in actually researching possible solutions to problems in recovery, as opposed to merely flaming those who hold opposing views.

I'm not the one demanding that you oust another board participant.

Date: August 24, 2006 11:10PM

barabara:

Your posts about AA have become increasingly shrill, often redundant and repetitive.

Your reaction here also seems a bit paranoid.

Date: August 24, 2006 11:16PM

You are entitled to your opinions about my mental status and personality, I suppose.
If I was to make them about someone else, however, I think you'd say I was "flaming".

The rules certainly do seem to vary according to participant.

Date: August 25, 2006 01:20AM

barabara:

Thanks for bringing that thread to my attention.

The first person to use bold on that thread was "bonnie" and then subsequently you did and colter in response.

No one should go on like that using bold text.

This thread also brings up something interesting.

You and "bonnie" seem to have the same interests, post on the same threads and use much the same language and bold text emphasis.

After "bonnie" ended her posts on the thread, which you have drawn attention to, you then picked up the topic and continued arguing with colter.

Are you and "bonnie" the same person?

Date: August 25, 2006 02:37AM

Nope, I'm Barabara.
Actually, I use a public computer belonging to a co-operative I am a member of.
Is that a violation of your rules?
I prefer not to give intimate details about myself, here, as dealing with cults can be, at times, dangerous.

Date: August 25, 2006 02:43AM

barabara:

It seems quite likely based upon your posts and posts by "bonnie" that you are both the same person.

That is against the rules of the board.

Actually you have posted from a number of IP addresses.

Posted by: Acid Reindeer ()
Date: August 27, 2006 03:33AM

NAMI (the National Alliance on Mental Illness) is the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to improving the lives of persons living with serious mental illness and their families. Founded in 1979, NAMI has become the nation’s voice on mental illness, a national organization including NAMI organizations in every state and in over 1100 local communities across the country who join together to meet the NAMI mission through advocacy, research, support, and education.

as much as this thread deals with other concerns I thought I would throw out some of my opinions in regards to NAMI and its claim to call itself a grassroots organization.

NAMI gets money from Eli Lilly, a pharmaceuticals company, which makes Prozac (among other psych drugs). probably others, too, though the Wikipeida article just mentions Eli Lilly.

apart from which, parents and other relatives of people in psychiatric diagnoses make up the bulk of the membership, rather than people with psychiatric histories. in 2003 I spoke with the head of NAMI at that time and he had no such history. so you have an advocacy group not made up of the people the group represents.

again, quoting from the Wikipedia article, it has also advocated for "aggressive community treatment" which means the courts having more power to order you to take drugs. (I don't recall if this also includes other "treatments" like talk therapy, stays on locked wards, etc.)[/quote]

Posted by: andychee ()
Date: August 31, 2006 03:40AM

I just wanted to tell ughabhu that the judge told me if I went to AA for a month they would keep me out of jail. That was in America. He didn't say anything about anything else. I wasn't old enough to drink but I was an adult by the law.
I went, but I didn't like it. I had to get my slip signed at least twice a week.
If it happened again I'd tell the judge no way.
I don't like the way they always talk about sex and stuff and brag about what big criminals they were. I don't know why the judge wanted me to go there because it seemed worse than what you hear in jail. I was only in jail for a couple of nights though.

Posted by: ughaibu ()
Date: September 02, 2006 01:51AM

Andychee: Thanks.

Current Page: 21 of 21

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.