Bizarre comments from Orthodox clergy
Posted by: niphonsmith ()
Date: August 28, 2005 12:44AM

Bishop Tikhon of the Orthodox Church in America claims sexual abuse doesn't destroy people:

"Who was the first person to get the idea that sexual
molestation *****destroyed**** (as in "destruction of
young Orthodox lives") a victim's soul or life?" I
find the idea repulsive to the anthropology of the
Bible and the Fathers."
[listserv.indiana.edu]

In response to a post about a priest who passed away and was
accused of sexual abuse of a minor, Bishop Tikhon dismisses the man's behavior:

"I also think that there is a "very dark side" to most
people...that's one of the reasons why God's love for
sinners is so miraculous."
[listserv.indiana.edu]

Fr. Anthony Nelson of the Russian Orthodox Church suggests that the people at Pokrov.org "take a trip to Aruba". A reference to the
girl who was just kidnapped, raped, and murdered there recently. Pokrov is a website dedicated to helping victims of sexual abuse at the hands of Orthodox clergy. In other words, Fr. Anthony, who posts as a representative of the Orthodox Church with links to his church in his posts, was implying that an organization that opposes Orthodox clergy be killed.
[listserv.indiana.edu]

After reporting these comments to Indiana University, Mark S. Bruhn from the University claims there's nothing they can do. The moderator, a Father Mark Gilstrap, refuses to stop the comments, as I explained to Mr. Bruhn, but I guess it's better that the threats and comments go on so the public can see what the clergy of the Orthodox Church is publicly stating about sexual assault.

Options: ReplyQuote
Bizarre comments from Orthodox clergy
Posted by: Mia ()
Date: January 17, 2007 12:17AM

God hates all Sinners, molesters, criminals, homosexuals and rapists. And anyone stating or hinting otherwise, is a liar. His statement won't change the fact. Orthodox christianity is based on such false interpretations. I never knew that. Who can trust bible, when it is not the word of God anymore, but carries the notions of people who ruled the church and made christianity a religion.

Surf Safer! See the guide to Remove Virus Bursters

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.