I'm Stuck
Posted by: Reggiex80 ()
Date: October 01, 2010 12:45AM

I've been going to this church for 2 years now. Things have gone incredibly sour. My wife practically worships the church leaders (which is practiced and encouraged). Our Pastor has married a Bishop from three or four counties away, an expects us to travel almost an hour to go to bible Study, mid-week worship service, and Sunday. I've tried to explain how traveling back and fourth like that would be draining, along with paying tithes, (now) church dues, a building fund, and whatever fund raiser they can think of. Financially now we are feeling it, yet she continues to want to go.

On top of that Bishop has called my wife outside of church, after I had gone to work, to ask whats going on with us, and what do we need praying for.

I confronted her about that, and she defends the whole thing claiming she's just trying to foster a relationship with her spiritual father.

Now me and this guy have had issues before.
He insulted my mother at my aunts funeral.
Talked trash to me twice, until I confronted him about it.
Now he walks through church and acts like i don't exists, but NEVER hesitates to call on my wife.

I talked with her about it, including trying to come from a scriptural point of view. I've tried talking, I've tried being supportive.

I just recently found out she was sending text to this man.

I asked her without trying to get emotional at all, about the nature of their relationship.
She maintained that it was a Father/Daughter relationship.
She accuses me of always having issues with him, and I need to get together with him, and squash the issue.

I informed her of the nature of my question, and that I don't trust any man that has no, nor shows respect for me, calling my wife at night (even if its to discuss the weather).

I'm tired of talking. I'm trying to be Christian, but I'm also fighting the urge to beat the living crap out of this man.

I want to leave. Yet I love my wife. If I leave or I fight this man he's going to take advantage of the situation. If he already hasn't. I've gone from wanting a spiritual meaningful life to all out rage. I've tried looking beyond that, but I can't. An I'm trying not to catch a case. I'm stuck.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I'm Stuck
Posted by: Reggiex80 ()
Date: October 04, 2010 11:05AM

I prayed to god hard. An met my problem head on. I searched for whatever advice I could find. I had to know if I was right or wrong in this situation. When I was pretty sure I confronted my wife. to let her know that what was going on was not good in any way.

We might seek counseling. I'm still feeling my way in that one. She still feels like she did nothing wrong, but she agreed to respect my decision not to contact or text this man outside of church.

She still wants to go to the church 30 min to hour away, I'm just glad I finally got something threw.

I confronted the Bishop and told the man I knew what was going on and it was inappropriate. The kindly 50 something old guy informed me that it was all her. Real nice guy. In a polite way If this happened again I just wanted to know how he wanted to drink his chicken straw or puree. I'm not that nice of a guy.

Seeing how deep of a hook this organization has on her, I don't know what the future holds, but I wanted them to know what I will not stand for.

It's rough when I first began going to church I had a drive. It felt good. I didn't know how unorganized or loose this place was. The more time passed, it felt like a weight. I wanted to throw away in the deepest ocean. Its more of a fight to stay energized, study the word of God, and smile to people who look at my family like a commodity then people. Worse part is trying to accept that they have been in it longer, and live to be treated like crap.
We are a new couple, only a year old. Everyday has its problems, it's an experience.

Posted by: EddyScooby ()
Date: November 23, 2010 08:28AM

Give all of your problems to your God! And keep the work hard!
Everything will be more easier :)

Posted by: character ()
Date: December 24, 2010 02:49PM

Oh, its really very bad to know, i am sorry for this situation you are having, May God solve your all issues and make your relationship smooth and long lasting.

Character Education

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.