How can I undo the evil work Landmark did to me?
Posted by: natalie ()
Date: November 30, 2009 01:52PM

I did the Landmark Forum in Sydney last weekend and am so upset about it.

I was totally unimpressed from the get go and was frustrated because they spend the whole time telling you about what they are going to do but never get around to doing it!

In the days since the forum I have been so utterly depressed I was actually having suicidal thoughts. I feel like life is hopeless, not worth it, I have nothing to live for and nothing is going to ever feel good again.

After researching and reading the hundreds of testimonials on the internet about the mind control and brainwashing techniques they use, I am putting down this awful feeling to Landmark.

My question is this: does anybody know what I can do to reverse what they did to me? I am usually pretty good at positive thinking and lifting myself out of the blues, but nothing is working with this. I am even having bad dreams and last night had a panic attack in the middle of the night. Whatever they did, it was not good!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can I undo the evil work Landmark did to me?
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: November 30, 2009 10:03PM

natalie:

See [www.culteducation.com]

These counselors have experience with groups like Landmark Education.

This research explains what's wrong with mass marathon training like Landmark.

This explains some of the techniques groups like Landmark use to persuade people.

Date: July 09, 2012 12:38PM

Hi,

I first put that post up right after I did Landmark.

I always meant to come back here and post an update. I guess better late than never!

Surprisingly, I got a refund from Landmark. I went on to their website after posting here and on the feedback page I told them how I felt about the weekend.

They promptly refunded my course fee. I was gobsmacked because I had heard they were notorious for not giving refunds. I suspect they did this because not long before I did the course, the coronial inquiry was held into the death of a Sydney woman who did a similar course , called Turning Point.

[www.smh.com.au]

I think Landmark were afraid of any adverse publicity.

Looking back, I am furious at some of the things they did that weekend.

One of the things that pissed me off the most about the other participants was the "smoke" incident.

I can't remember which day it was, but I think it was day 2. This horrible electrical burning smell came into the room and smoke started to come in through the ceiling vents.

Amazingly, nobody was keen to get up and run from the room, which was my first instinct. The horrible leader, Gitangali, was yelling at the three of us who were making moves to leave the room "wait, wait, it's nothing. Wait, the break is only a few minutes away. Just wait".

Un-fricking-believable!

I didn't wait.

Just readiing here reminded me of how bad that weekend made me feel. I got over it, thank God, but at the time I first posted here, I was really down and feeling very out.

Thanks for being here, this website is very valuable.

Date: July 09, 2012 12:54PM

Here is another article published here in Sydney, Australia comparing Turning Point and Landmark. I really do believe it was the bad publicity around Turning Point that caused Landmark to give me a refund without my even asking. Good! Bastards!

[www.smh.com.au]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.