Current Page: 7 of 117
Re: Jack Hickman Cult Shoresh Yashi
Posted by: geraldtsmith ()
Date: October 17, 2007 08:21PM

This must be Jon Olson - yes?
I know I owe you an email... life has been too busy... but, that is no excuse...
I found what you wrote of intrest...
Hope all is well with you and yours...
Gerry

Gerald T. Smith
Formally of Roe Ave., E. Patchogue

Reply to:
geraldtsmith@hotmail.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: damaged13 ()
Date: October 24, 2007 09:55AM

richardmgreen
It was very sad about what happened to Pastor Jack Hickman (aka Abba Yaakov Abensur).

Jack Hickman was a dirty old man who took advantage of people who trusted him. He took their money and ruined their families, and now he is dead. He doesn't deserve pity for anything.

Date: October 24, 2007 10:04AM

There is a Newsday article mentioned elsewhere on this site that describes a beating given to a member of the group by three elders who kicked and hit him for fifteen minutes. This was done because he spent all his wife's money while at the Olympics in Austria. I was just wondering if anyone has any knowledge of this incident as to the names of the elders who did the beating.

Date: October 24, 2007 10:08AM

The group only consists of original members and those who have married in or been born in. Any other way would go against their belief that they are "chosen".

Date: October 24, 2007 10:38AM

They are mostly located in Colorado and Maine, and as far as I know they are a peaceful group, albeit misguided. With Hickman out of the picture Coons has taken on the position of leader, and he is in Colorado. Hopefully he is not following in Hickman's footsteps as far as the abuse of young boys, but who knows, he and Hickman lived together for years, under the guise of student/teacher, but more like were also lovers given Hickman's tendencies.

Posted by: ksmith ()
Date: October 27, 2007 02:59AM

Does anyone know if any of these families might possibly be involved in this group: Olsens, Newmans, Tarantinos? They currently live in Ward, Colorado near Jamestown but previously lived in the city of East Islip on Long Island.

Date: October 27, 2007 05:17AM

ksmith
Does anyone know if any of these families might possibly be involved in this group: Olsens, Newmans, Tarantinos? They currently live in Ward, Colorado near Jamestown but previously lived in the city of East Islip on Long Island.
Depends on why you would like to know. I think you all should know that if you know someone in this group, you need not worry for yourself, but only for them. The group does not take on new members or try to "recruit" people as I stated in a previous post. They do keep to themselves and don't have activities or practices that would be considered a danger to those around them.

Posted by: ksmith ()
Date: October 27, 2007 06:31AM

What exactly do you know about them?

Date: October 27, 2007 08:15AM

ksmith
What exactly do you know about them?

I know almost everything. What I am willing to say is more limited. Though I have not been involved in about 11 years, my parents still are. While I find it absolutely disgusting everything I've found out about Jack Hickman, I don't believe that most of the people who are involved would hurt a fly. They are good people who love god and want to live their lives in a way that pleases him, through studies, prayer, and good works. They just chose the wrong person to follow in their religious journey.

Posted by: Sallie ()
Date: October 28, 2007 10:41AM

My mother had me and involved in that group. From the time I was 7 to the time I was 17. They are still active. I know a lot about the Maine group. Anyone remember the Hicks family?

Current Page: 7 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.