Current Page: 100 of 117
Re: Jack Hickman
Posted by: Sallie ()
Date: August 15, 2011 01:32AM

I found this definition of a BRAINWASHING TECHNIQUE used by CULTS

It's called INDIRECT DIRECTIVES
Indirect Directives
Cult members often say to their families and friends, "No one orders me around. I choose to do what I do." Getting members to think that way is one of the manipulations mastered by cult leaders who have become skillful at getting acts carried out through indirection and implication. Accomplishing this task is easier when the member is in an altered state, fatigued, or otherwise anxious or under stress.
========================================================================

Interesting that Indirect Directives are best carried out when the target is in an altered state, fatigued, stressed or anxious.
I know Jack's sermons could be long and tiring.
I wonder about these altered states that the meditation groups are looking to produce.

================================================================================================
I also found this definition of a subliminal message.

A subliminal message is a signal or message embedded in another medium, designed to pass below the normal limits of the human mind's perception. These messages are unrecognizable by the conscious mind, but in certain situations can affect the subconscious mind and importantly, the unconscious mind, and can negatively or positively influence subsequent later thoughts, behaviors, actions, attitudes, belief systems and value systems. The term subliminal means "beneath a limen" (sensory threshold). This is derived from the Latin words sub, meaning under, and limen, meaning threshold. you can see it but not notice it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lightdancer7 ()
Date: August 15, 2011 10:07AM

Reading the stuff...and hearing his voice again after so many years (and yes I agree with Exfollower...he sounds feeble and demented....how I wish he had sounded like that in the 70s, perhaps as young 20-somethings we would have run!!!) I am filled with sorrow and shame that we followed a lunatic and cult that has destroyed so many.

The quote below is so outrageous it makes me stomach-sick to read. Once again, Jack's way of saying how 'holy' he was, how stupid and uninformed the rest of us and the world is/was...because he ALONE (something Sallie has quoted as a trait of a cult leader which is right on spot as seen here) knows God and the truth. It just makes me sick. Wish we had been able to stand up back in the day and say "The Emperor has not clothes!!!".

Sickening!!! Truly sickening!!!

God has such deep emotions that they would kill us. He doesn't have any other kind of emotions but very deep and, to us, horrible, emotions. How do I know that? I know that because I have walked with Him for many, many years, and I have walked with Him through lifetimes. I know what it is like. I can't say what it is like for God. I know what it is like for humans, exposed to His sorrow, or openly exposed to His love, or whatever. It is horrible.

Posted by: Concerned1220 ()
Date: August 15, 2011 04:51PM

Glad to see the board is alive and flurrying once again! Kudos to each and every one of you posters for talking and sharing. With these discussions you are disarming Shoresh Yishai of its most coveted weapon: secrets and lies. Every time someone adds a new fact to this public record, the shroud of secrecy is pulled back just a little further. I'm sure those still inside Shoresh Yishai feel your pressure, and ironically get to live with a tinge of paranoia themselves. My most heartfelt thanks goes to all the new posters brave enough to share their trauma and abuse at the hands of this evil cult. Pnina, for what it's worth, you bring to mind the clip of the sledgehammer knocking loose the first blocks of the Berlin Wall. The Youtube clips are great. Pretty soon the dam will break and all information will flow forth. One day the truth will be in plain daylight. And all thanks to you - the posters - for revealing articles, corporations, non profits, dates & names.

Just my two cents, but thanks again!

As an aside, I find it terrifying to think of all the group members "living in plain sight". The critical jobs some of there people occupy in our society makes me shudder. Did I read all that right?? A therapist? A councilor for emancipated minors? A corporate management team? Did someone mention Vinnie Costello? Its been years since my kids were in school, but is this the same man who was president of the school board for the Dix Hills area?? Is this the same man? I know that Shoresh Yishai has teachers INSIDE THEIR OWN HOME SCHOOLS, but did the reach of this cult extend to our school teachers as well??? Scary to think about....

Posted by: exfollower ()
Date: August 15, 2011 10:31PM

Lightdancer7

The quote below is so outrageous it makes me stomach-sick to read. Once again, Jack's way of saying how 'holy' he was, how stupid and uninformed the rest of us and the world is/was...because he ALONE knows God and the truth.

"God has such deep emotions that they would kill us. He doesn't have any other kind of emotions but very deep and, to us, horrible, emotions. How do I know that? I know that because I have walked with Him for many, many years, and I have walked with Him through lifetimes. I know what it is like. I can't say what it is like for God. I know what it is like for humans, exposed to His sorrow, or openly exposed to His love, or whatever. It is horrible."

okay... now there's a quote by JH, that people can read, and say - "this guy has gone off the deep end!"

Date: August 15, 2011 10:40PM

to - Concerned1220,

well said!

and yes, -"The critical jobs some of there people occupy in our society...." - scary...

and just wrong that they are allowed to continue in them; since we know they have - a 'secret agenda'!!!

Date: August 15, 2011 10:43PM

I would have trusted Jack in 2001.

I thought he sounded old. I didn't think he sounded demented. In fact I might have thought he was just intelligent. Youtube has some sites where politicians or economists talk about complicated subjects and they sound ''off'' at times. I always attribute that to intelligence.

If I were raised in this group I might have trusted him. Especially if my parents told me he was a nice old man.
When I read through the 32 Paths it sounded like stuff I was hearing in 1983 and 1984.
I don't think he changed.

The jesus/john bath? That sounded like Jack.

jesus/john...isaac/jacob....jonathan/david. Climbing the spiritual ladder.
It all sounds like Jack.

Whether it's 1984 when he was still here in New York (not California) or....2001. Same old Jack Hickman.
I think he sounded old and feeble but....the same Jack Hickman as he was in the late 1980s and early 90s/

Date: August 16, 2011 11:29PM

I'm reading, hanging on each word, furiously scribbling down notes and....here's what I think I'm hearing...
Below is Jack expounding upon beliefs. What he seems to be saying is that
'' to become interactive with the government and to politically oppose them in a way which is legal...in NOT sanctifying faith''....''However, to live a seemingly benign life which puts you at odds with the laws of the state IS sanctifying.''

Did I understand this correctly?
Here's what he says.
=========================================================================

Jack Hickman .......''''That which is crude, ambitious, self-centered, etc., is not helpful. The value of the life of faith is this: whether the person is walking the streets free or is put in prison, and not necessarily for having done something that was a crime, but because of his or her faith; that person's faith is suddenly something that is alive to the state. The state determines that the person of this faith, which is completely benign any other time, is now evil. This faith is an enemy of the state and, therefore, the person of this faith can be killed, eliminated, because he or she intimidates the state and all the persona of the state. We intimidate the government; we intimidate everyone who is different in faith or principle.

What should be done to people like that? Punish them, put them in prison or kill them. But what are the people of this particular faith (whatever this faith may be), these people who are enemies of the state, enemies of the people, enemies of society? What are they, really, and what are they doing? Well, they are creating faith, sanctifying faith. In the illustration I gave you earlier about rubbing your shoes on the carpet to get a shock, you are creating something. But when you RUB SOCIETY THE WRONG WAY AND DISTURB IT WITH principles, actions, or beliefs that are CONTRADICTORY TO THE MAJORITY, then you are doing something wrong. The state is against all of this type of wrong. Consequently, the act of faith, SANCTIFYING FAITH, IS EVIL (TO THE STATE) . It is at odds with, out of harmony with the state. Therefore, the state must have the privilege of forcing or eliminating the faith that is sanctifying.

It is as much a principle in this world as night and day: those who are sanctifying their lives in faith and those who are not, unbeknownst to them, are coming against each other like a great, big, huge truck that comes against a little bitty old Chevrolet, and smashes the heck out of it. The attack is violent, but the attack from the side of the world is against the world, against the worldview, against the fundamentals of society. It is against the laws of society. Therefore, SANCTIFYING FAITH IS, IN ITS ORIGIN AND NATURE, THE ENEMY OF THE STATE AND OF THE WORLD. A person of such faith is an enemy of the world, because that faith is not a defensive faith. When you find the churches being defensive, being aggressive against government policies, etc., you know very well that this is not active, sanctifying faith. No matter what they say, don't believe it. Never believe it.

These guys who are condemning the state, yet PARTICIPATING IN POLITICS and having their own corner and creating their own society, ARE NOT PEOPLE OF SANCTIFYING FAITH. They are people who use the faith of other people for their own purposes, and that's all it is. On television or on the radio, they will ask you for money. They will tell you why the government is so terrible, and it is. It isn't that they are wrong about the government, but they are not attacking the government for good, solid reasons. They are doing it because the government has made it possible for them to do so. You have to watch out for these people, because they have been multiplying over the last fifteen, twenty years, and they are making money from this. They are capable of drawing crowds, groups of people together, who will gladly give out money to do "the right thing." But doing the right thing is not the purpose of these people. The purpose is the power thing. Not one of them could be elected to any office, so they ride on the backs of their

Date: August 17, 2011 12:27AM

JH - "You have to watch out for these people, because they have been multiplying over the last fifteen, twenty years, and they are making money from this. They are capable of drawing crowds, groups of people together, who will gladly give out money to do "the right thing." But doing the right thing is not the purpose of these people. The purpose is the power thing."

this is so ironic, its funny...

but, he always said those sorta things about all the 'CULTS". and stupidly, we never saw ourselves in that category.

Date: August 17, 2011 06:13AM

I just re-read some of the ''teachings''
Apparently...I WAS MISTAKEN about the FIRST ABBA.
It seems that the first ABBA was not john, the cousin of jesus/yeshua but...it was the brother and TRAVELING PARTNER of jesus/yeshua.
That adds up a little better.
jesus and abba go a traveling.
then jesus comes home and takes a special bath with his cousin.
So who is the cousin?
I'm thinking jack hickman plays the part of abba.
Gary plays the role of yeshua/jesus
So who plays the cousin?....I bet it's one of the Vanderventers that everyone is talking about.
Do they still have those huge mikvehs/tubs like they did on Long Island, for women after the ''nidah'' aka menstruel cycle?
Does anyone believe that Jack and Gary actually ''went into hiding''??
If they did hide then believe me it was ''hiding in plain site''. They didn't leave New York. Unless maybe they took some vacations.
But they stayed in New York with the GROUP.
They ''re-grouped'' after the Newsday article. They ''re-grouped'' on Long Island.
==============================================================================================
==============================================================================================
BTW....
I NEVER believed that JACK worked ALONE
I ALWAYS BELIEVED JACK was part of a GROUP and that he was the ''front man'' for them.

From the Rick Ross archives

Ten warning signs of a potentially UNSAFE GROUP/leader.[/b]
1. Absolute authoritarianism without meaningful accountability.
2. No tolerance for questions or critical inquiry.
3. No meaningful financial disclosure regarding budget, expenses such as an independently audited financial statement.
4. Unreasonable fear about the outside world, such as impending catastrophe, evil conspiracies and persecutions.
5. There is no legitimate reason to leave, former followers are always wrong in leaving, negative or even evil.
6. Former members often relate the same stories of abuse and reflect a similar pattern of grievances.
7. There are records, books, news articles, or television programs that document the abuses of the group/leader.
8. Followers feel they can never be "good enough".
9. The GROUP/leader is always right.
10. The GROUP/leader is the exclusive means of knowing "truth" or receiving validation, no other process of
discovery is really acceptable or credible.

==================================================================================================
==================================================================================================
Reading through the 32 paths I keep thinking ''Same old Jack. Same old GROUP''

For example the GROUP had beliefs about SPERM/SEED
I remember being horrified all throughout the 1980s by the fact that the GROUP of inner circle women would shamelessly discuss the fact that their sons did or did not ''SPILL SEED'' while they slept. They were talking about wet dreams. What a violation?

Well didn't I read that in 2001 Jack say about THE SEED
'' I think you know by now that when you were born, there was within most of you the HOLY SEED, that tiny thing that is a pocket from which the seed can break out. If you are born from above, that [breaking out] happens, and that makes this kind of life much easier................

Well...that sounds like he's describing sperm if you ask me. Reflecting the long standing beliefs of the CORE GROUP.

Posted by: disillusioned1 ()
Date: August 17, 2011 09:58AM

Oh! Concerned! You are back?! Every three months you seem to post. Is that when the Elders tell you it's your turn to try to spread discord on the message board, or was it getting heated in here for you and you wanted to send out a thinly veiled threat? Or were too many youth starting to ask some rough questions? Your post sounds a bit snarky to me. Panties in a twist? Where are your buddies marvin and dk and surfer? Are they going to show up to try to save us all and get/offer forgiveness to our abusers in order to move on? They are like, super helpful nice people. It's so good of them to try to get us to see the light and forgive people who should be in jail.

secrets and lies? Isn't that what you're telling the youth is going on with this message board and modernday and butseriously and jack hickman cult blog?

No, let us be clear. The main weapon of this group is fear and manipulation. The main motive is money and power. The main vehicle of delivery is a false religion. I believe a handful of main players have been named.

How's all that family you have? Moved recently? Anybody taken trips to Denver lately? Had any great conversations about religion and false prophets and the definition of good touch/bad touch with some young children? I'm just wondering... you seemed so CONCERNED before. Now you just seem bitter... or are you trying to tell us that we haven't hurt you but you could hurt us... not really sure. Your post was all over the place.

Concerned1220
Glad to see the board is alive and flurrying once again! Kudos to each and every one of you posters for talking and sharing. With these discussions you are disarming Shoresh Yishai of its most coveted weapon: secrets and lies. Every time someone adds a new fact to this public record, the shroud of secrecy is pulled back just a little further. I'm sure those still inside Shoresh Yishai feel your pressure, and ironically get to live with a tinge of paranoia themselves. My most heartfelt thanks goes to all the new posters brave enough to share their trauma and abuse at the hands of this evil cult. Pnina, for what it's worth, you bring to mind the clip of the sledgehammer knocking loose the first blocks of the Berlin Wall. The Youtube clips are great. Pretty soon the dam will break and all information will flow forth. One day the truth will be in plain daylight. And all thanks to you - the posters - for revealing articles, corporations, non profits, dates & names.

Just my two cents, but thanks again!

As an aside, I find it terrifying to think of all the group members "living in plain sight". The critical jobs some of there people occupy in our society makes me shudder. Did I read all that right?? A therapist? A councilor for emancipated minors? A corporate management team? Did someone mention Vinnie Costello? Its been years since my kids were in school, but is this the same man who was president of the school board for the Dix Hills area?? Is this the same man? I know that Shoresh Yishai has teachers INSIDE THEIR OWN HOME SCHOOLS, but did the reach of this cult extend to our school teachers as well??? Scary to think about....

Current Page: 100 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.