Current Page: 57 of 117
Re: Jack Hickman
Posted by: photokoto ()
Date: April 14, 2010 09:58AM

Yeah, he died a few years back. He's buried in Maine, I forget where. If you root through this thread, it;s been covered somewhere I think.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: marvin ()
Date: April 23, 2010 09:02PM

I keep reading throughout these threads that he is alive, dying, sick, dead, alive, sick, etc, etc. Is there anything verifiable that tells about his death.

Date: April 23, 2010 09:31PM

Wehre on Facebook? I would be interested in seeing it.
Thanks

Posted by: photokoto ()
Date: April 23, 2010 11:31PM

Marvin, that is because prior to being sick or dieing, he was probably alive. Then, at some point he became sick, and then died. For him to actually be dead, all of those prior things would have had to happen, hence they're being mentioned. He is dead, and has been for SEVERAL years. I apologize for the sarcasm.

Posted by: Peggy ()
Date: April 23, 2010 11:39PM

After reading three or four postings on this site from late March '04 stating that he had just died in Maine - I followed a thread saying you can check this out at the Social Security Death Registry site...I Googled it, plugged in his name and an entry came up stating Jack Hickman age 72, died March 20(30? I forget) '04, in Maine. Sounds like it fits.

I was an active part of the covenant community from '76 til the 'big bang' - the gay scandal, in '81. I converted to Orthodox Judaism and have been frum (Orthodox) since '83. Normal; well grounded, thank G-d.

About those years - from age 23 til 28; years in the prime of my life: I don't dwell in bitterness or regret about what I could have done, been, etc., etc. in those years - because I believe in opening my heart and soul and embracing, not 'tamping down' all that has passed...is...and is to come in my life - 'good' or 'bad'. Doing so brings immense healing - like a cleansing wind blowing through all parts of you Your soul is sweetened and it's returned to you. (Oy; Sorry, I can get 'preachy').

I would like to tell a tiny story about how a thing you want to manifest can come back to youmy Siddur. I had a De Sola Pool Siddur/prayerbook that i lost when I left the place...over 10 years later, my brother, Chief Engineer at a radio station in NYC calls me and says "Peggy; I have your prayer book"...and went on to explain that a guy he worked with who'd been in the group (and coincidentally had also converted to Orthodox Judaism) kept this prayer book. Noting that my brother's last name matched the one in the book, this guy asked - "do you have a sister named Peggy?" and that was how I got it back. Well, sadly, more than a few moves later, I've lost it again. Universe, one more time, please! :)

Date: April 24, 2010 12:19AM

I just came across this site yesterday and have spent hours reading all the postings. I find them fascinating and would like to chat more about Shoresh Yishai as I was member of the congration until that fateful night in 1982.
Thanks

Posted by: Confused7609 ()
Date: April 24, 2010 02:10PM

photokoto
Marvin, that is because prior to being sick or dieing, he was probably alive. Then, at some point he became sick, and then died. For him to actually be dead, all of those prior things would have had to happen, hence they're being mentioned. He is dead, and has been for SEVERAL years. I apologize for the sarcasm.

That is so funny and you are so right. He died after a long time of a deteriorating heart condition. He had a pace maker put in in the late 90s. He lost a lot of weight and tried to get better. He was even thinking of having a heart transplant and a lot of people said he was going to have a heart transplant. His heart just kept getting worse and he died in in 2004.

Posted by: Sallie ()
Date: April 25, 2010 11:24PM

HI Peggy,
You left at 28 and joined at 23? So I guess you're about 55 or so. So Shoresh Yashi was a passing stop for you during your adult years? I suppose you chose to join and then chose to leave?
It seems you are doing well. You don't have to answer if you think it is too personal but I was wondering if you keep in touch with any of the old members who have denounced their faith in Judaism.
If the question is too personal I understand.

Date: April 25, 2010 11:32PM

Peggy,
Do you know Incarnate Soul? Have you read any of his poetry? Again, if it is too personal I understand. You don't have to answer. It's just that your anaolgy of the cleasing wind has has a strinking resemblance to some of the poetry he sent me and I thought maybe you read some also.

Date: April 25, 2010 11:37PM

Serial posting again.
What about Gary Coons and the Ben Din council?
I would love to know more about that.
I would be interested in finding out what a young teenager or young adult would do if he felt that he had been violated in some way by a leader of this group which originated under the leadership of the now deceased Jack Hickman and is being led by Gary Coons.

Current Page: 57 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.