Current Page: 11 of 117
Re: Jack Hickman Cult Shoresh Yashi
Posted by: damaged13 ()
Date: March 06, 2008 06:28AM

incarnate soul
We are getting off track. Damaged I don't think Doc has been preaching. I understand where you are coming from. Doc offers both sides of the coin (so to speak) in his experiences.

Damaged, that screen name implies to me you were aslo involved. Am I correct? Feel free to ask me anything you want.

Alright. I wonder if anyone knows which specific elders took part in the beating mentioned in the Newsday article while Jack looked on, if in fact that happened. I don't want the answer posted on here, but if anyone knows could you please send me a private message? Thank you so much.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: March 06, 2008 06:30AM

Sorry, I would also like to know if anyone on here personally witnessed the event mentioned in my last post or has spoken to someone who did. Thanks again.

Posted by: incarnate soul ()
Date: March 06, 2008 06:44AM

damaged13, It sounds like you habe an agenda once you have this information.

Date: March 07, 2008 12:24AM

incarnate soul
damaged13, It sounds like you habe an agenda once you have this information.

I don't have an agenda other than to find out if someone who is very close to me is really who I thought he was. Is he just misguided, or is it more than that? I don't really feel that "my person" was involved, but I want to hear it from some people who have the facts. It is personal for me, not that I want it broadcast, which is why I asked for a private message for any responders.

Posted by: prodicalson ()
Date: March 10, 2008 07:18AM

I haven't posted anything on this forum since 1/4/05. It nice to see people coming out of the "woodwork" since that posting.
Just to show the pervasive effects of this cult, my wife and I still talk about it, even today. It's been over 25 years since we left and we still occasionally discuss our experiences and the affect it had on our lifes.
Believe it or not, I think I know most of you that have posted on this forum or your parents.
I have to admit I am genuinely curious to know what's happening up in Maine only because I spent so much of my time up there "training" for the "end times". As I said in my one and only post, we were permanently "cut-off" when we refused to recommit ourselves to the group.
We often think of those that left the “community” and wonder how they are doing.
And truthfully, I even wonder how some of those that stayed in are doing.
Oh yes, just to make it clear, as one of those that kept "guard duty", I didn't carry a firearm.

Date: March 10, 2008 09:00PM

Damaged13 ............... I understand what you are saying. I assume you have asked the person concerned. There is someone I know who may have the answer to your question.

As Prodicalson has stated we are all curious about so many people who were close to us, who were part of our life. It is our nature to wonder, any thoughts ................

Date: March 10, 2008 10:32PM

Actually I have not asked the person in question. I feel that if he was not involved, I would not want to hurt him so badly with the question. And if he was involved, I don't know that he would be able to admit it anyway. I also don't want him to know that I know, don't want that between us. Don't know if that made any sense, but those are my feelings on the matter. Sorry to ramble.

So Incarnate, if you do know someone who might have some answers, like I said ask them to send me a private message. Thank you.

Date: March 11, 2008 04:36AM

You are not rambling, this is important to you.

We were all involved in one way shape of form simply by being a part of the whole. You need to release this and move forward in your life.

How do I contact you off this foram?

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: March 11, 2008 04:47AM

To whom it may concern:

Be very careful regarding private messaging.

If you wish to remain anonymous and protect your identity be careful disclosing personal details.

Posted by: prodicalson ()
Date: March 11, 2008 05:30AM

"It is our nature to wonder, any thoughts ................"

Yes I do.
First let me start by saying I don't hold any hatred for those that are still involved. At this point in my life I've seen and heard way too much to be judgmental about anyone's motives or convictions when it comes to their spiritual belief system. Maybe it's nostalgia after so many years but there were some people I'd like to reconnect with just to see how they're doing, share some stories and see how their children grew up. You know, the normal things you do with friends you haven't seen in a long time. I'd like to believe that true friendship as well as the wisdom of getting older can transcend religious dogma. Than again maybe not. I think it would be worth a try.

I'd also like to see how those that left are doing. It would be interesting to see how their lives were redirected. I know some that did not fare very well and a few that did just fine. Than again, I wonder if those that did or didn't recover would have done so either way despite being involved in the "community". We will probably never know.

For myself, while being involved in the “community” sent me down a path I more than likely would not have taken, I cannot honestly say it destroyed my life. I am relatively successful within my profession and so is my wife. All my children are doing very well in their pursuits. Spiritually, I see things from a universal perspective with many possibilities. I try to do what I think to be right based on the spiritual foundation of my youth. And I do believe actions speak louder than words (or thoughts). Let’s not forget Karma either. Life is funny that way- whatever goes around, comes around.

The hardest part of leaving the “community” was the feeling of abandonment and lose of friendship. Most of my friends stayed behind. These were people I grew up with, attended their weddings and shared the birth of children and funerals of parents.
Even after leaving we maintained contact with one family for several years. They finally severed the friendship after we turned down a “one last chance” call to re-join. That still bothers me to this day. Not because I refused to rejoin but because they were so willing to give up the friendship over some perceived conflict that never existed between us.

Current Page: 11 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.