Re: Jack Hickman Cult Shoresh Yashi
Posted by: rergmxfm ()
Date: October 05, 2011 12:58AM

richardmgreen
Shea Hecht of Lubavitch wrote a book called "Confessions of a Jewish Cultbuster" and chapter 2 was about Hickman's group. It centered around my involvement with it. The cult died about the time the book was copyrighted. It's currently out of print.

My family was also involved in this cult for a long time, some still are. It is still active- even though Jack Hickman is deceased- in Maine, Colorado, and New York. Since his death it would seem that the current members have become much more careful about the conspicuousness in their practices. Any additional information would be helpful in my research, but what I really wanted to know was if anyone had a copy of that Hecht book. I've been looking for it everywhere, but it seems difficult to find since it is out of print. Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: marvin ()
Date: October 05, 2011 12:29PM

The book is available on half.com It has an absurd price of $35 but it is there.

Posted by: disillusioned1 ()
Date: October 21, 2011 08:44AM

I know not everyone who checks this forum checks the associated blogs, but I wanted to let everyone know that I have a poll up on my blog that has to do with abuse. I invite anyone who has had any dealings with this group to fill out the polls. They will be open until November 30th, they are 100% confidential and I think it might give a better sense of the real numbers of people who may have been abused by this group of people. If not enough people actually participate in the poll, I think there will still be too much room for pigeon holing and rationalization/blame casting for the reports of abuse. This might once and for all let us know if the abuse was widespread or if it happened in more than just "a few messed up families."

Please, be honest. Do not lie. I am truly interested to see how the numbers will bear out.

Thanks so much,
Freckle Face

butseriouslybaby@blogspot.com

Re: Jack Hickman
Posted by: Concerned1220 ()
Date: November 19, 2011 06:00AM

Any news or updates on this group? Message boards have been quiet lately..

Posted by: curiousg ()
Date: November 28, 2011 06:15AM

Anyone know of the Greenhagen family from LI part of Hickman/Shoresh Yishai in the 70's and 80's?

Posted by: Kennybiegs ()
Date: January 06, 2012 05:05AM

Richie Greenhagen was one of the elders in the Shoresh Yishai cult.

I think he left the cult after the infamous passing of the seed travisty. I think that Richie Greenhagen and his brother Charlie left the cult, shortly thereafter.

Kennybiegs

Posted by: dianeolsen ()
Date: August 04, 2012 10:40AM

So right now the C-stellos, H-cks and Ols-ns are at Moosehead Lake Maine. Every August preparing. P. Ramu even purchased a 1000 gallon propane tank in 2005. See link [i2a.uslandrecords.com] File date 11/15/2005
My ex is L-rry Ols-n. Can anyone tell me what they remember about him? We have kids and I am very concerned.

Posted by: resu ()
Date: August 04, 2012 08:43PM

dianeolsen
So right now the C-stellos, H-cks and Ols-ns are at Moosehead Lake Maine. Every August preparing. P. Ramu even purchased a 1000 gallon propane tank in 2005. See link [i2a.uslandrecords.com] File date 11/15/2005
My ex is L-rry Ols-n. Can anyone tell me what they remember about him? We have kids and I am very concerned.

They actually have 3 of those 1000gal propane tanks, the third was installed on July 29, 2008.
This is in addition to the 2 diesel tanks, 6 solar panels (charging a battery system), and more than 20 tons of wood.

Then there's the grain mill, HAM radio, raised garden beds (had to be raised because the soil is unfit for growing), and 200 buckets (how big is a bucket?) of dry food.

These people are not messing around. This is what they believe they need in order for 25 people to survive whatever terrible event they think is coming.

Posted by: resu ()
Date: August 04, 2012 09:55PM

Clarification:
What I listed is just for 1 mish (camp, compound, shelter, whatever).

Question:
Are they really on Moosehead Lake? Cause all the Ramu's paperwork shows them on Caribou Lake.

Posted by: dianeolsen ()
Date: August 06, 2012 01:24AM

It's not all Ramu. G. H-cks, B. Newm-n, etc. The property is under the Township 3 R12 and R13 WELS and Frenchtown Township all in Moosehead Lake in Piscataquis County, Maine. My concern is also the money. Who funded all of this? My ex-L-rry Ols-n spent $55k on a plot of land in Ward, CO in 2/2011 and also wiped out our entire kids college fund another $35k. My kids know, but I don't think they fully understand how many thousands of dollars L-rry Ols-n has put into this cult.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.