Re: Jack Hickman
Posted by: Sallie ()
Date: August 28, 2011 12:37AM

Meditating and food storage is not illegal. It does of course matter but it doesn't reveal the real problem with this cult.

The real problem is that the leaders exploit people. Sexual exploitation is a very very serious problem.

Even the responses of cult leaders to the complaints of sexual misconduct is exploitive. The fact that these leaders will attempt to analyze and judge and condemn the ''emotions'' or ''feelings'' of victims who are trying to speak out; reveals their own exploitive tendencies.

Leaders try to divert the conversation of sexually exploited females by focusing on emotions like ''bitterness'', ''anger'', ''crazy thinking''. They accuse the victim of having these feelings and then condemn the victim for these perfect valid and legal emotions.
It's called ''victim blaming''.

Leaders I believe, use a different diversionary tactic when the sexual exploitation of men is being discussed. With the men, I believe these leaders try to ridicule and embarass the victim by focusing on ''weakness'', ''whining'', ''inadequetness'' etc...

The irony is that women who speak up about abuse are usually loving and protective and kind. Their speaking out is usually the result of their concern for others and for children. This is the opposit of being angry and bitter. It's being loving and kind and protective.

Also ironic is the fact that men who speak out are quite brave. Stepping up and telling the truth takes bravery.

The cult leaders are hatefilled cowards.
Not the exploited members.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: marvin ()
Date: September 01, 2011 09:44PM

The actual name of the organization they are tithing to is the Unifying Meditation Unstitute in Longmont, CO. I did a google search and thats what I found. Not sure who this Sanmartino person is but he is oisted as the contact person for them.

resu
It seems the leaders of this group are falling back on an old and unimaginative tactic in response to the creation of these new blogs. Simply put, they're telling everyone in the group that the bloggers are lying. Lame.

I wonder what their new tactic will be, now that actual documents are being posted to Pnina's blog? Are they going to try and claim a letter from Goon, who's not so subtile message is "our prayers are going to stave off doomsday," is a fabrication? Or will they just tell people to not look at it, like they did with the Newsday article?

Maybe try and say it's a myth that one of their 'shelters' houses (3) 1000 gallon propane tanks, enough to beat 2 or 3 of even the harshest Maine winters, stores of diesel fuel, solar battery banks and other energy sources needed for hiding long term, off the grid. But I think the people are smarter than that, they've seen these items, they know they exist. But what context are they seeing them in now? Before, they were just a way to keep a house warm, but now, it's pretty plain to see, they're a stock pile, a hoarding of sorts, specifically designed (in their minds) to ride out some farcical doomsday that most likely won't even happen. How much money is wasted on a goose chase such as this? The organization they're tithing to, the Universal Meditation Institute, is worth more than $400grand. Maybe someday, as more documents are released, we'll have an idea as to where that money goes. I doubt it's going to paint a pretty picture.

I think I'm going to be following clan leader's reactions to these posts in the coming weeks. It should be interesting.

Posted by: disillusioned1 ()
Date: September 03, 2011 04:37AM

marvin
Not sure who this Sanmartino person is but he is oisted as the contact person for them.

He's an Elder that still lives in CO. I think the story goes that he started this group, UMI, with another person who studied transcendental meditation in the 70's. Maharishi type of stuff.

I wonder if those tithes will continue... seeing as there is a split between the ME and CO groups now. Anyone know?

Posted by: Lightdancer7 ()
Date: September 05, 2011 02:20AM

I remember Emmanuel Sanmartino from the early days. He was a recovering heroin addict and Ex-bad biker. He 'found the L-rd" in the early charismatic days of St Johns. Interesting that though he was on the outskirts of that inner circle when things first started that he and his wife stayed after Bloody Sunday and he finally became one of the big wigs. Back in the days of "family camping" he was just coming around.

If there is now a split between the ME and CO groups....why did that happen and who is leading the group in CO or is Gary still in charge of both those groups? Anyone know waht happened to cause a split?

Date: September 05, 2011 04:08AM

I don't remember him. He was certainly not an elder when I was. I wonder how many people who were in that role when I was are still involved. Would be interesting to see if anyone who was an elder stayed after SBS and if aso for how long.

Lightdancer7
I remember Emmanuel Sanmartino from the early days. He was a recovering heroin addict and Ex-bad biker. He 'found the L-rd" in the early charismatic days of St Johns. Interesting that though he was on the outskirts of that inner circle when things first started that he and his wife stayed after Bloody Sunday and he finally became one of the big wigs. Back in the days of "family camping" he was just coming around.

If there is now a split between the ME and CO groups....why did that happen and who is leading the group in CO or is Gary still in charge of both those groups? Anyone know waht happened to cause a split?

Posted by: truthseeker2 ()
Date: September 21, 2011 01:33AM

I'm In.

Date: September 21, 2011 02:37AM

Not sure what that means, sorry.

truthseeker2
I'm In.

Posted by: truthseeker2 ()
Date: September 22, 2011 12:27AM

I'm in was in response to this message. It is inconceivable to me that these people have gotten away with so much for so long. The scars are generational.
disjointed1
There are people well beyond Gary that control the money and the information. Like maybe his brother-in-law?

To me, this is scarier than one man pulling the strings. I feel like it is a fraternity of men, who share the wealth and information. If they deem you worthy they might even give you a job.

I don't trust people. Period. Some of them were my best friends for a lot of years, and now I'm super cautious. If the FBI has an investigation, what are they waiting for? Should we get together (the few of us that are serious) and start wiriting (even ghost writing) a memoirs book? We could offer it electronically in pdf format and submit it to news networks and publishers. Maybe even start with reaching out to Newsday?? I'm tired of being scared. I don't want to be anymore.

Posted by: A-nja ()
Date: October 01, 2011 01:40AM

Interesting fact - Lynn Gatti's (Gary Coons's wife) biological brother commited suicide 2 weeks ago. Or was it suicide? Apparently he was in severe depression.

Posted by: disillusioned1 ()
Date: October 01, 2011 06:21AM

pnunnie
Interesting fact - Lynn Gatti's (Gary Coons's wife) biological brother commited suicide 2 weeks ago. Or was it suicide? Apparently he was in severe depression.
Wow, that is horrible. I'm sincerely sorry to hear that.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.