Sound mind
Posted by: Peter Jones ()
Date: June 26, 2008 03:13AM

Sparky my reply to that would be 'how would I know, she is my mother!'

Yes, I have always found her to be so within the definition of English law ( I am a solicitor). She has poor eyesight hence the bills. So my concern is 'undue influence', will the pyschic encourage her to spend, invest etc, etc. Short of tapping her phone calls I can only stand aside and wait and observe.

Peter

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sound mind
Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: June 26, 2008 03:32AM

Peter,

Could you perhaps put the telephones in your name? The bills would come to you to make things "easier" for your mum. If the phones were in your name, could you therefore put (legally) a "block" on the phones so the psychics numbers could not be dialed from your mum's numbers? Your mum would be mad as a wet hen, but it could save her from the frauds and you could blame the phone company to give yourself some cover.

As a solicitor, you know English law well. Do various jurisdictions have laws regulating or banning psychics? In parts of the USA, we have laws which can punish and even imprision "gypsy" psychic scams.

Re: Sound mind
Posted by: Pincled ()
Date: December 08, 2008 10:58PM

You have probably already resolved this problem, but the psychic's influence would depend on how easily your relative is now influenced. Maybe she wasn't at all at an earlier point in life, but now that she is older, she is more susceptable. I knew of someone who in a state of pre-senility, accepted a younger woman as her friend, a sort of 'companion', who she asked to walk with her on errands. She soon began paying her small amounts of money and it was very difficult for the family to pry this person away (who also stole several items from the house), but they did succeed.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.