Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Dallas Discovery Cult Still Ruining Lives
Posted by: notmuch4games ()
Date: February 20, 2008 03:32AM

Howdy all you straight shooters out there. There is another thread on this site detailing the creepy and controlling tactics of the Discovery Cult operating in the Dallas area, but a new year deserves a new thread.

I just got an email from a contact asking me if I still have info on Discovery. I do! For those of you who have not read my previous posts, myself and some other straight shooters with family members swindled by D had quite a heated exchange with certain misguided cult goers. They went on to easier targets no doubt. But my contact assures me that they have simply tried to slip back under the radar.

This group (cult) has an upsidedown view on family values. Put quite simply if your spouse attends Discoery "training" and you chose not to go, the Facilitators or TAs will tell them that you cant be trusted with details of the training and that if they can't convince you to attend then you don't care about them, you will never understand them, and in the end they will have to break ties with you-But not to worry cause their NEW family cares about them and will fill the void where their family and friends once dwelled.

Ill tell you the basic jist so you dont have to be subjected to the verbal abuse and physical conditioning-ie withholding of water, food, bathroom breaks and personal space. They will pressure your husband, wife, son, daughter ect to give members of the opposite sex "PEE PEE to PEE PEE" hugs (their term, not mine)and to no share with their "old" family the way that the facilitators verbally abuse and degrade each member of the group as their turn comes, breaking their spirit and reducing them to tears in a public setting for all to witness. They basically make them feel worthless for the first two days and then make nice and become their best friend on the last day.

The owner of this cult has no formal training in this dispicable form of therapy, or any trainingin ANY therapy. This Cult is operated by a lawyer and a gas station owner. Its all on the web if you care to investigate. If you are considering going toDiscovery training of if someone you care about is thinking about going- INVESTIGATE! They will break them down and put their own twisted values back into the shell that once was your loved one.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dallas Discovery Cult Still Ruining Lives
Posted by: straightup ()
Date: March 07, 2008 06:36AM

NM4Games- WELL SAID! You hit the nail on the head. You have been fed the same cult crap as the rest of us. I wish I had come here before I went to Discovery. You could have saved me much money and much more trouble. Looks like you have their number. CREEPS!!! I'm still reeling from my experiance. I have lots of questions and a little insight. I'll send you a message. Keep up the good work

Posted by: Enviro_Cop ()
Date: May 27, 2008 09:26AM

Hey straightup
What made you realize Discovery was a scam? You are lucky to get out with your mind still intact. They are still registered as Discovery Training Ministries LLC with the IRS, although they don’t include that info on their website.

EC

Date: June 03, 2008 12:07AM

I'm still around guys. As long as Discovery is robbing people of their hard earned money I'll be here to tell what I know about them.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2008 12:10AM by notmuch4games.

Posted by: straightup ()
Date: June 03, 2008 05:34AM

EC, I have read your comments and the other comments by the creeps from Discovery. They are all so completely fooled by the mind games and BS being fed to them by Lowder and his ilk! I feel sorry for them. I feel sorry for me :) I wasted a lot of money on that crap and I have more problems now than I did before. Actually my old problems are probably small compared with the new issues I picked up at Discovery. I am practically broke after completing two “classes.” I was approached about helping pay for another classmate’s tuition shortly after my first class. I had never seen the mean spirited money hungry side of the facilitators until I told them that I could barely afford to go to D2 myself. They were completely different after they saw that I wasn’t going to sign my life away. I was willing to give everything (spiritually) that I had, but I think the money thing really pissed them off. At D2 they kept making references to selfishness and self centeredness when I would come around. Now I can see them for what they are. A business! I wish I had seen this thread before I wasted my money. Has anyone ever sued a group like that and recouped their money?

Posted by: Enviro_Cop ()
Date: June 03, 2008 07:14AM

notmuch4games good to see you are still in the fight! I too will remain to educate people just how evil Discovery is.

Straightup, it is crazy how the people become total believers. I refused to contribute to D2 (financially), and it looked like my ex would stop going but low and behold one of her new "family" came forward and paid for the entire weekend, including gas money. They sent her a lot of emails and cards trying to shame her into signing up for the next training. It was all about sending money to Discovery. But she couldn’t see that.
I am glad you didn’t become one of those zombies!

There is an entity called the Texas State Board of Examiners of Psychologists (http://www.tsbep.state.tx.us.html). Here is their mission statement:
“The mission of the Texas State Board of Examiners of Psychologists is to protect the public by ensuring that psychological services are provided to the people of Texas by qualified and competent practitioners who adhere to established professional standards.”

They exist to regulate the practice of psychology in the state of Texas. That also encompasses investigating people or companies practicing psychology without a license. I feel Discovery Training uses methods which could be considered practicing psychology.

A person can file a formal complaint against anyone who they feel is practicing psychology without a license. Maybe if enough people come forward the gas station owner and lawyer might get investigated?

EC

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2008 07:40AM by Enviro_Cop.

Date: June 06, 2008 12:50AM

I filed some paperwork, but I was advised that the lawyer that helps run this scam had all the language just true enough to not be fraudulent. Discovery works very hard at giving a legitimate, even benevolent appearance to the mental, emotional, and even physical abuse administered at the hands of it's facilitators. Anyone who has had dealings know that this group is anything but legit. They brainwash their members, alienate them, and then squeeze all of the money they can out of them.

I actually called the “Ewing Ranch” of Dallas fame where D holds it's abuse siminars and spoke to the site manager. He was quite shocked at my claims about the D cult. He seemed unsure of the validity of my info, so he gave me his email address and I sent him a condensed version of my file on Lowder an his cult. I noticed that Discovery’s website now has them meeting at the Dallas Doubletree. Hope I did that;) When I have time, I’ll speak to the GM at Doubletree too. I actually stay at that particular hotel when I’m on that side of town.

Straightup, hang in there. Your mind has had bogus and hairbrained ideas inserted into it by invasive methods. You will slowly start to regain the person who went to the brainwashing siminar. All of the old issues will still be there, but they are YOUR issues and YOU are the only with the solution. There is no GAS STATION OWNER, NO LAWYER, and no magic pill that will solve yours mine or anyone else’s problems. Discovery in Dallas is selling magic beans, and people are still buying the crap. STOP DISCOVERY CULT NOW! Keep your loved ones away from cults(LGAT, Discovery, ect.)

Date: August 07, 2008 10:49PM

Hope everybody is staying away from Discovery and other cults out there. Just send me a message if anyone has questions about D. I am happy to tell what I know to anyone with an interest. Keep up the fight guys. Maybe someday the authorities will "discover" what many of us already know. DISCOVERY IS A CULT AND IT DESTROYS FAMILIES FOR MONITARY GAIN. God bless

Posted by: done ()
Date: September 25, 2008 01:57PM

I really wish I had seen this forum before last weekend, my friend made me go.

I am definitely a "changed" woman, I've never been more depressed in my life. The sickest thing is, I am NOT one to be swayed by this kind of thing. Or at least I never thought I was....but on Sunday, I was all about this damn thing. Telling my friends to go and everything. It took a long, long discussion with one of my more rational friends to realize what had happened. This whole damn thing is sick, and I'm so angry about it. Is there anything we can do to stop it? I feel so used.

Posted by: Harley21 ()
Date: October 07, 2008 12:53PM

I do not know anything of this cult but I do feeling giving some advice. Do not blame yourself. Always stay positive and hang out with that rational friend of yours. I believe that we can learn from ALL things good and bad......I bet this will make you a much stronger person in the long run. Be good to yourself and smile always.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.