Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Anyone ever heard of cults adopting kids?
Posted by: richardmgreen ()
Date: August 21, 2007 02:58AM

As the subject line says, the cult used to adopt Korean children years ago. They also had an outreach program in Bushwick, NY. It's too bad the church went out of their minds. It was doing some good things originally.

Options: ReplyQuote
Anyone ever heard of cults adopting kids?
Posted by: Hope4KidZ ()
Date: October 09, 2007 05:57AM

emaline
Know anything about [hope4kidz.org] ???

What would you like to know? I am quite shocked to even find the name of Hope4KidZ on a "Cult Education Forum" and can assure you that we are not a part of any cult.

We advocate for children who are in residential, group, orphange state foster care and are being abused and far too often killed without anyone being held accountable.

I have visited this web site before and learned quite a lot about a topic I was interested in, but if you want to know about Hope4KidZ, you will not find information about cults, or adoptions, or anything to do with this sort of topic; unless, you are needing information about the numbers of children abused in the foster care system.

Re: Anyone ever heard of cults adopting kids?
Posted by: Sallie ()
Date: November 10, 2007 01:07AM

Years ago Jack Hickman who was the leader of the Shoresh Yashi cult had his members adopt Asian children. Richard Green states that this was originally a good thing. Hi Rich. You are a bit older than me. I grew up with many of those children. For a few it was an OK thing. For most it was not. They were taken from a Christian orphanage in their homeland where they were receiving care and love. The Hickman elites used the guise of Christianity. They ''pretended'' to be Christians. Then they told these young children that a debt was owed because they were ''rescued'' from horrific circumstances. Not so. The orphanage was not horrific. The Hickman clan who were deceivers and liars and perverts...were horrific.

Posted by: Abused ()
Date: July 23, 2008 11:05PM

At Radiant Life Church in Sacramento they are adopting young girls and boys as Spiritual sons & daughters. These kids are renouncing their own parents and moving in with a pastor or elder who is spiritualy adopting these young kids.
look it up your self and read some of the postings about Radiant Life Church in Sacramento / Laguna / West Sacramento / Katy Texas and their sister church in Marysville Washington.

Posted by: tyciol ()
Date: July 25, 2008 07:48AM

I can't personally recall it but you make a good point, due to the cheapness it's probably something a lot of cults try.

Although it's not all pluses, because adopted children aren't always as accepting and tend to be more rebellious, wanting their natural parents and stuff. Especially if they're older to begin with and have been raised on their own for a while my guess is they'd be more resistant to brainwashing than someone raised from the cradle to the slave.

That's sadly why I think so many of these cults encourage rapid procreation, to take advantage of genetic bonding instincts and to begin controlling them as early as possible.

Posted by: BES18 ()
Date: January 27, 2009 02:55AM

Hi there,

I ran across this forum online and felt like I should respond to some of the information that you have put online. I have a child with one of the members sons and spent a lot of time around these people as a teenager. I would love to chat with you.

Date: April 01, 2009 10:57PM

Sallie: Maybe that was true for most of them, but some of them were living on the streets, and the orphanage was just a legal device to get them to America. And even if the Hickman elites did lie to them, that doesn't mean that the families that adopted them were bad. I'm not trying to make excuses for Hickman, he messed up a lot of people, but I think that if a family adopts a kid and is good to the kid, that's what's important.

I know that there are cults who work under the guise of "behavior reform" organizations. Meaning that they convince parents that their teenager has a problem and whisks the kid off to one of their indoctrination camps to get brainwashed. I've even heard that some of them even grab people off the streets, although I can't vouch for that statement. At these camps, the teens are put through intense psychological and sometimes physical torture until they break. Then the cult builds them back up with their dogma. It's not exactly adoption, but it does involve the indoctrination of children.

Posted by: jezzicaz789 ()
Date: December 01, 2009 12:42AM

mrscake
Hope
Found the link to the Opus Dei offshoot.
[www.tfp.org]

Although I'm not a fan of Opus Dei, I don't think it's affiliated with TFP. If I remember correctly, TFP is smaller but scary.
Hi all!
I've just visited this forum. Happy to get acquainted with you. Thanks.

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.