Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Mind Control and Abusive Relationships
Posted by: Fighter ()
Date: December 19, 2008 07:12AM

A good look at Bidermann's Chart of Coercion will show that there is mind control in abusive relationships.

HERE

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cultsurvivor22 ()
Date: June 04, 2010 12:01PM

I've heard that domestic violence abusers use mind control on their victims to terrorize them into staying in the relationship and then may be really nice to them, and this confuses the victim psychologically.

Posted by: gettingby ()
Date: December 27, 2011 01:28AM

In my childhood home, I was not allowed to express or to even have thoughts that were either different from or displeasing to my parents.

9 months have passed since I left a cult like family dynamic. I have battled with my thoughts of being "crazy", "selfish", "irresponsible" and "unworthy" and alone. After searching and finding this website, I am again hopeful that there is a better world and I can help my son experience something I did not- freedom of thought. My hope is that I can understand and deprogram myself so that I can be a good mom for my son outside of the family chaos.

Posted by: burned_by_a_cult ()
Date: August 09, 2012 02:33AM

Some of you may find this article very helpful. It will at least let you start thinking about some things to get you on the road to recovery and health.

The article can be found:

http://cultresearch.org/pdf/csj14-1.pdf

I'm also attaching a screen shot of the first page.

As a disclaimer I'm in no way connected to the author of this article, but I found the author's work very insightful and helpful.

Attachments: useful.jpg (68.9 KB)  
Posted by: prabin.duwal ()
Date: June 07, 2013 12:25PM

Relatively small group of people having religious beliefs or practices regarded by others as strange or as imposing excessive control over member. Much of what is discussed in therapy and on support forums is "what was the "victim's" responsibility," and the conversation generally focuses on analyzing the victim's childhood. While some interest is directed at the abuser's past, it is minimal at best.

Posted by: jill w ()
Date: December 07, 2014 09:05PM

Can someone here speak about the new career in "Life Coaching"? I know it isn't regulated like other professions.

Life coaches that are hooked into bigger self help programs are on the rise, yet I don't see much talk about the dangers.

Looking for others who have experienced chaos in their family lives due to the incredible power they give to a Life Coach.

Posted by: not moses ()
Date: August 19, 2016 11:49AM

Understanding Codependence as "Soft-Core" Cult Dynamics...
...and Cult Dynamics as "Hard-Core" Codependence

An article informed by academic sociology and psychology at...

[pairadocks.blogspot.com]

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: February 25, 2017 10:05AM

20 Diversion Tactics Highly Manipulative Narcissists, Sociopaths And Psychopaths Use To Silence You

[thoughtcatalog.com]

Informative article. Here is an excerpt.

17. Aggressive jabs disguised as jokes.

Covert narcissists enjoy making malicious remarks at your expense. These are usually dressed up as “just jokes” so that they can get away with saying appalling things while still maintaining an innocent, cool demeanor. Yet any time you are outraged at an insensitive, harsh remark, you are accused of having no sense of humor. This is a tactic frequently used in verbal abuse.

The contemptuous smirk and sadistic gleam in their eyes gives it away, however – like a predator that plays with its food, a toxic person gains pleasure from hurting you and being able to get away with it. After all, it’s just a joke, right? Wrong. It’s a way to gaslight you into thinking their abuse is a joke – a way to divert from their cruelty and onto your perceived sensitivity. It is important that when this happens, you stand up for yourself and make it clear that you won’t tolerate this type of behavior.

Calling out manipulative people on their covert put-downs may result in further gaslighting from the abuser but maintain your stance that their behavior is not okay and end the interaction immediately if you have to.

18. Condescending sarcasm and patronizing tone.

Belittling and degrading a person is a toxic person’s forte and their tone of voice is only one tool in their toolbox. Sarcasm can be a fun mode of communication when both parties are engaged, but narcissists use it chronically as a way to manipulate you and degrade you. If you in any way react to it, you must be “too sensitive.”

Forget that the toxic person constantly has temper tantrums every time their big bad ego is faced with realistic feedback – the victim is the hypersensitive one, apparently. So long as you’re treated like a child and constantly challenged for expressing yourself, you’ll start to develop a sense of hypervigilance about voicing your thoughts and opinions without reprimand. This self-censorship enables the abuser to put in less work in silencing you, because you begin to silence yourself.

Whenever you are met with a condescending demeanor or tone, call it out firmly and assertively. You don’t deserve to be spoken down to like a child – nor should you ever silence yourself to meet the expectation of someone else’s superiority complex.

Posted by: allenjoseph123 ()
Date: April 04, 2017 10:08PM

I understand your concern and yEs there are numerous people investigating on Mind Control and Abusive Relationships. I would like to inform you that there are various people who are eager to know the idea behind it. I thing more expert advice can be the true solution for this.

Posted by: light34 ()
Date: January 01, 2018 07:56AM

I love someone that is a cultic friendrelationship... and a cult...I have my reasons to love him, but I have my reasons to not let him be around me too,he does not come anyway, however last time I saw him he was a mess and did not feel good to me... he is with a intrusive woman who preaches and tells him she has visions an read energies etc.. and he should do things, she takes him out of his way involves him in dramas, cults, business to make money she is pushy and he is very needy, when he is with me behaves more like a mature man...I found out she mothers him and he allows, she literally does not let him feel, she has a high pitch voice talks to much and she does not let him think she has answers for him.. he cannot feel sad she keeps cheering him up and tries to fix him she blames him for her feelings makes him feel guilty if she leaves her and she judges him pretending she is playing in very passive aggressive way! When I met this man, she told her he had a girlfriend (me) as she was chasing him, she straight away started with manipulative games, they had a business and she was owning him money and she was not paying in one go always delaying she made him feel guilty like he was a bad guy, she had a friend calling him and ask him to do something as she was crying a lot... she came to the events we were and events were my ex was working and she started to help out to be around.. on the top he was in a cult but after 6 months he left but this woman managed to brainswash him back and apparently took him to another cult.

This woman is portraying his mother who made my ex look after her when she was depressed, controlled him and isolated him and made him feel not capable.. take advantage of his stepfather and commanded his business.. but eventually his stepfather had an affair and the marriage ended up ... until he validates that was not ok what her mum did to him he cannot validate what this woman does to him and those cult leaders.. he has a lot of pain to feel and by my side he his allowed to feel and I understand how he needs to get away because it is too much he repressed his pain for too long. I am glad that I have therapy otherwise I would be in a very very very dark place.

Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.