IF PSYCHIC COULD BE A CULT ?
Posted by: Tina5 ()
Date: May 04, 2006 08:13AM

Please help me to find a answer.My 22 years old son wos trying to commit suiside.He is in the hospital right now.After i searched his room,car,and phone record i realized he wos involved with a psychicks,astrology,some chinnese phylosofy(TAOIZM),medditation and yoga.I found a note saying:"would you like to know a secret?.....i know how to count all the way to SHIFITY FIVE,I will tell you faster than you can say POOPTY PUEPTEY PANTS"The phone record shows that he wos involved with psychics name "PEACHES' everyday for two months before the incident.His personality changed.He become:
1.Very religious and quiet , telling us thaat he had wisdom and power.
2.For one day his voice changed (echo) and his eyes were piershiny.
3.He started to be iratinal,din't sleep at night,avoided family,stoped working,dosen't care obout anything(started live in his own word and bank account went to zero),he wos going into transis , be parainoid and very restless.He constantly repeat"I wanted to be normal but it's not easy,and that every thing happens for a reason".If anyone has had any experiance,knowlege or heard obout it,Pleeease share with me.I want to save my son and family.

Posted by: nccg_concern ()
Date: June 07, 2006 05:21AM

I noticed this post in this thread a bit late (you made it a month ago).

A relationship between your son and an individual can have an undue controlling influence like a cult has, yes.

I hope things are going better?

Posted by: Singer858 ()
Date: October 11, 2006 09:38AM

Hi Tina.
I'm 22 and a psychic approached me when I first moved to Los Angeles when I was 19. She told me I was cursed through money and love by my boyfriend's ex girlfriend. At the time, my boyfriend and I were fading apart (because I had moved from San Diego) and I was feeling vulnerable, always looking for answers. So I became close friends with the psychic and she had me come up with large amounts of money for her to allow her to do "cleansings" on me. She said if I told anyone about the situation, that it would go 3x fold. It drove me crazy! I was feeling very suicidal and depressed.

I don't know if you or your son believe in God, but I do. And when you ASK him for help, he shows you. So one day, I broke down to my knees, crying hard. I asked God what was going on and why this was happening to me. The next day, I was on the internet looking for ways to break curses. Then I came across something that said 'Psychic Scams,' so I read some of the articles. All of them were very similar to mine! I was shocked! I had been conned! Right then and there, I told my cousin what was going on with me, and I felt that burden being lifted off from me. It's a psychological thing. If your son believes he is cursed, he will create a whole new world for himself. Maybe you can print out a few articles for him to read. He might be too afraid to tell anyone because of what he thinks could happen to him. These con artists are ruthless and will take anyone's money. They will even manipulate the elderly into signing contracts to access their life savings and leave them homeless.

I'm actually writing a book on it so many out there are aware of this cult. I pray for your son, because I know how he feels. He feels alone and that the psychic is the only person he can trust. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

~Singer858

Posted by: wildswan ()
Date: December 06, 2006 12:49AM

This woman scammed your son. Period. Judging from the words in the note, this woman has some serious issues herself. That is not what professional psychics do. (Yes, there are a FEW professional psychics out there; they are hard to come by.) I will keep your son in my thoughts.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: December 06, 2006 01:07AM

Whenever someone makes demands, for example money, based on supernatural claims that cannot be proven objectively, it's time to pause and think things through very carefully.

Posted by: jeannelucille ()
Date: December 10, 2006 12:47AM

Oh my goodnes, I was just about to post about a wonderful book I just read, about a woman who became addicted to psychics. But I wasn't sure which category to post it in... until I found this thread, so I will share it here, and also under its own thread.

The book is called [i:158467e686]Psychic Junkie: A Memoir[/i:158467e686] by Sarah Lassez and Gian Sardar. I really enjoyed it. Here is a blurb about it from Amazon.com:

When her promised stardom fails to materialize, struggling actress Sarah Lassez finds solace in psychics who predict the coming of the man of her dreams. She's sure she's found him in Wilhelm, a suave hotel sous-chef from Germany. But mayhem ensues when she takes the words of the psychics over the words of her actual boyfriend and is convinced he's about to propose -- when in reality he's planning to leave the country . . . without her.

Sarah's world dissolves into a haze of credit card debt, loneliness, and a raging addiction to psychics that threatens to destroy her finances, her relationships, and her sanity. She knows she needs help. But getting it will mean confronting the fact that life is not to be controlled or predicted, and though dealing with reality isn't always easy, at least it doesn't cost $4.99 a minute.

Psychic Junkie is a true story of life and love in Los Angeles, narrated by an endearing protagonist whose search for answers will resonate with everyone who has ever tried to make sense of career, relationships, and adulthood.
P.S. I found the book at my local library!

Posted by: consegrityscam ()
Date: December 17, 2006 10:17PM

I wouldn't be concerned with the schfifty-five thing, it's some silly flash sound clip that's been passed around the internet. Probably just a note from a friend, trying to cheer him up.

Linky:
[www.albinoblacksheep.com]

From what I understand, most people get involved with the psychic thing because they are lonely and depressed, falling prey to hearing a friendly voice that will tell them they are going to be happy and meet the love of their life in the next two weeks (at the tune of $3.99 per minute). For someone that is very depressed, what happens after that two weeks is up?

I'd look more into the causes of your son's unhappiness instead of looking for something to blame it on. Being 22 myself for another week, the stress of graduation and living up to your friends starting thier lives can really wear on you. If you are single and don't like your current job, hearing about friends getting married and getting great jobs will quickly make your life look pretty bad.

As with most things discussed here, professional counseling is probably a good route to explore.

Posted by: Welf ()
Date: January 01, 2007 01:04PM

[b:e5f1f9b725]consegrityscam:[/b:e5f1f9b725]
From what I understand, most people get involved with the psychic thing because they are lonely and depressed, falling prey to hearing a friendly voice.

For someone that is very depressed, what happens after that two weeks is up?

I'd look more into the causes of your son's unhappiness instead of looking for something to blame it on.

As with most things discussed here, professional counseling is probably a good route to explore.
Reading this thread I would be be more inclined to agree with the above post. I have a son who is going through a rough time at the moment except he isn't suicidal. But the withdrawl from society and life etc is obvious. He writes notes to himself and if he feels he's going to forget something he will get a marker pen and write the note to himself on the side of the car, a van, he owns so when he gets into the driver's side he sees it as a reminder. Then he covers the note up later with black gaff tape because there is no way it can be rubbed off the paintwork.

It's very bizzare eccentric behaviour and he too has been known to go to a psychic and read stuff about finding nirvana etc.... But after a 'breakdown' in trying to cope with life without asking for help, he is now on Disability Allowance being diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome, which is a high functiong forum of Austism where the intellect, IQ, is normal or above normal but they have problems understanding the way society and relationships and stuff like that works. In his case too, he has General Anxiety Disorder where his Depression level is moderate, but his Stress level is severe and his Anxiety level is extremely severe.

It's also deemed that he is not on drugs, which admittedly at some stage I thought he was though he never seemed to be spending big or running out of the money he has. He lives on very little because his basic needs are little. He hardly drinks and in his case he is a vegetarian, but one who doesn't fully understand the need for a vegetarian to make sure his protein intake is balanced.

In no way am I ever insinuating that your son is like mine... I'm simply giving you the idea that in instances like this it is better to look for a cause than to blame a psychic who may not be a big part of his life anyway... However, the psychic could be merely a person he went to to seek 'help'. You often find troubled people will do stuff like that... go to psychics who supposedly 'predict' the future..... naturally hoping that the news the pyschic will bring them about themselves is positive. Like a way out when they themselves feel trapped and don't know which way to turn. It's also secretive in that you don't need to go to a doctor, and your family and friends need ever know you have a 'problem' because it's not 'official' type help...

I wouldn't call going to a psychic cultish, other than some people do go to psychics regularly and use them as a way to direct their life and yeah, that's a pretty crap way to live. What psychics do is really offer people 'psychological' unrealistic type props and it isn't such a great thing to do to yourself. Actually, it can be an outright dangerous thing to reply on in my opinion because they are not trained to perceive potential problem ridden 'clients'. To me, it's more akin to seeking the wrong person for help and advice when a good psychologist or another support type councilor or even talking to family and friends would be a much better option.

Just a few thoughts from personal experiences from having a 'troubled'... a lost soul son myself.

Welf

Posted by: bgmark13 ()
Date: May 28, 2007 12:10PM

yes agree with above post...seems to be a lot of attention seeking behaviour too...but not a cult, or cult addiction.

Posted by: richardmgreen ()
Date: August 21, 2007 02:55AM

rrmoderator
Whenever someone makes demands, for example money, based on supernatural claims that cannot be proven objectively, it's time to pause and think things through very carefully.
A psychic has moved into my building and he was trying very hard to give me a complex that I needed "his help" to find a job and keep it. He claimed he needed to burn candles and the candles cost 10 dollars a piece and he wanted 40 dollars to get involved and he went on about people were "blocking my success" and how people were "jealous of me." Actually if anyone is jealous of me, I think it's him.
I don't buy palm reading, tarot cards, vibration analysis or any of this garbage. If you want to succeed, get a college education, get a good job or whatever. All of the people who goes to these psychics are in bad shape I think.
The government was actually training people to become psychics to find employment. They taught people to as their "victims" if the targeted people were "wearing anything that is red?" etc. In other words, all of this needs to be analyzed and the Better Business Bureau (http:www.bbb.org) should be contacted. I think the BBB has documentation about all of this. If it does, check it out.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.