catching up
Posted by: disjointed1 ()
Date: August 08, 2011 08:19PM

I haven't posted in a long time.......working on life stuff (that fortunately does not involve the cult!) And yet it does involve them. This is all over the place.........but here goes.

I was raped when I was about 10..........my parents accepted money and a car to not report it. GD was the one that paid the money and gave the car, as it was his son that committed the rape. I rode a bus to Bet El (the school in massapequa) with these boys and the oldest sexually abused me every day.

My mother is a sick individual and she used to sexually abuse me under "spiritual" or "Health" purposes, I see a therapist every week just to work through that.

When I got older and involved in the group more, I got sick and diagnosed with a disease........then I was told it was ok because I was a "sacrifice" for the "Family" and for the "world". Really??? I don't even know what to say to that. I played along because I was told it was the only way people would help and/or understand. Whatever....

I married a guy not involved, mostly I think because he would never be involved. That fell apart for various reasons. Mostly because I think, for me....his family reminded me too much of the cult......in addition to the fact that I believed he cheated on me.

Once I went back when my daughter was about 18 months old and I was told that she would have no identity. I haven't been back since. And now, with the research my sister has shared with me I'm happy to be done. One of my best friends is still involved....I keep in touch with her because she sits on the edge with being involved and I hope to help her when she is ready to leave. Her entire family is involved, that is what she struggles with. But even my relationship with her has changed.

I don't know that I feel there will ever be 'justice' in what this group has done for generations now. But the more light put on them and the crap that goes on, the better.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: catching up
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: August 08, 2011 09:30PM

What is the name of the group and its leader?

Did you report this criminal activity to the police?

What if any arrests have been made?

Posted by: disjointed1 ()
Date: August 08, 2011 09:43PM

I was born into Hickman's group. The statute passed.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: August 08, 2011 09:46PM

There is already a thread about the Hickman group on this message board.

See [forum.culteducation.com]

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.