Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Anyone ever heard of cults adopting kids?
Posted by: Dervish ()
Date: January 13, 2004 02:59PM

I'm not even talking about a cult adopting kids for the purpose of physical or sexual abuse, but even having lower members taking in foster children, and then indoctrinating those foster children into their cult? I've seen this before, but I'm not 100% sure. It appears they have a 2 fold purpose;

1) Making foster child money; and

2) Having a fresh young new generation that feels it owes everything to their cult for taking care of them.

Again, I suspect a group, but I have insufficient proof to even get into details. I was wondering if anyone's heard of someone else doing this.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Hope ()
Date: January 14, 2004 01:53AM

Several people I've come to know thru a support group were not legally adopted by cults, but placed in the care of cult leaders by their parents. One group is an offshoot of Opus Dei, and the child at 13 was shipped off to South America for better schooling. The other cult was a home for problem children, whose leader somehow managed to convince the parents their kids were alcoholics. These children remained in the home for most of their pre-teen and teenage years. Their care was administered by cult leaders and they lived away from their parents.

Found the link to the Opus Dei offshoot.

[www.tfp.org]

Posted by: PennyBright ()
Date: January 14, 2004 04:07AM

The Christian Science community strongly encourages adoption. It's not a money issue, so much as it a way of sustaining membership when couples that haven't been able to have children can't/won't look at medical causes of infertility.

Penny

Posted by: Rookie ()
Date: February 07, 2004 09:20AM

[b:6530611304]Anyone ever heard of cults adopting kids?[/b:6530611304]

How about the Mormon and Catholic Church promoting large families to boost membership ranks? One of the reasons the Church was against birth control.

Hey, don't cults adopt adults?

:cool:

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: February 07, 2004 07:59PM

Rookie:

Your posts sound somewhat familar. You wouldn't happen to be a certain persona non grata named "Siam"?

Please spell out in very plain language what your purpose is on this message board.

Why did you specifically decide to post here?

Also, are you a former participant in Landmark? And if so, what is your take on that organization and advice to others about it?

Please respond directly to these questions.

Curious minds want to know.

Date: February 10, 2004 02:08PM

????

I am interested in cults, specifically Scientology. You can read all my posts on ARS.

Best Wishes

Date: February 10, 2004 11:57PM

Note that "Rookie" did not specifcally answer the above questions.

Instead, he made a statement about Scientology, which was not specifically responsive to all the questions and somewhat evasive.

Why not answer all the questions directly and to the point Rookie?

Are you uncomfortable with answering the questions for some reason?

Just curious

Date: February 11, 2004 01:49PM

You asked me why I posted here. I came here more to read about Scientology but I see very little postings about it. I post frequently on ARS and thought there would be something here. Maybe ex-Scientologists don't want to post here. They post frequently on ARS. I have a personal special interest in Scientology which I prefer not to disclose.

Best Wishes

Date: February 12, 2004 12:24AM

Again, note how "Rookie" does not specifically answer the repeated questions.

Silence in this situation seems to indicate that "Rookie" is just another name used by "Siam,."

FYI--Siam is a diehard Landmark devotee that previously attempted to disrupt/spam this board with nonsensical rants and flames.

Subsequently, Siam was banned from the board and now apparently thinks by using the new name "Rookie" he or she can keep posting deceptively.

One last time Rookie--

Are you Siam?

Have you ever participated in Landmark Education through any course or activity?

What specifically do you think about Landmark?

Posted by: mrscake ()
Date: July 10, 2004 04:46AM

Hope
Found the link to the Opus Dei offshoot.
[www.tfp.org]

Although I'm not a fan of Opus Dei, I don't think it's affiliated with TFP. If I remember correctly, TFP is smaller but scary.

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.