Need a professional opinion on a cult leader's letter
Posted by: ClarkCultVictim ()
Date: May 03, 2011 07:56PM

I am just one of the victims of my former pastor. He wrote a letter to me, sent it to my family members, and by it tried to make us think that I had psychological problems. I responded to his false allegations and never receieved a response. It is posted at my message board, date posted 8/11/10. I would very much appreciate a professional opinion on his mindset. If there is a sociologist, pychologist, or other appropriate professional who could take a look at this letter of his with my responses and give me a third party critique of it, I'd be very appreciative. One might even want to use the letter and the supporting evidence I have as a case study. I'd be very glad to help with that. I may need such help in the near future when I go to court over custody of my 8 yr old son. Someone, please help me. Thanks.

Re: Need a professional opinion on a cult leader's letter
Posted by: OutofTransition ()
Date: April 21, 2013 11:31PM

My advice is to either drop the matter or see a lawyer IN PERSON. This is not something that ought to be discussed online and could even damage your court case. It could leave YOU wide open for a lawsuit from your ex-pastor.

In the first place, IT IS ILLEGAL for a psychologist or any other medical professional to discuss someone else's diagnosis with a third party, at least in the United States. A good professional of the type you are looking for will tell you that they cannot do what you have requested. Secondly, now that this information has been put out online, anyone who can access your message board can get ahold of it and do what they want with it. You have no guarantee that anyone who responds is actually who they say they are and they certainly are not bound by confidentiality laws.

If you are concerned that what this person has said to your family has caused you or them harm then this is something that should be discussed with a lawyer and not online. Remember, your ex-pastor also has rights, and he could possibly sue you for defamation of character, invasion of privacy, slander or libel for putting information about him online even if it is your message board. And if he is making threats, definitely call law enforcement.

Re: Need a professional opinion on a cult leader's letter
Posted by: ClarkCultVictim ()
Date: April 24, 2013 09:21AM

Thank you for the info. I've since learned that there is no justice in the American justice system, unless you can afford it. The one with the most money wins. And very few people are willing to help. So life goes on, while the ones guilty of evil continue to do evil. What a screwed up world!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.