Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
recovery from the Move, Sam Fife, Sapa, Bowen's Mill
Posted by: angietangerine ()
Date: April 14, 2005 04:30AM

i am looking for anyone who is in recovery from this group. i would like to hear your story.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: wmason ()
Date: May 28, 2005 01:06AM

Hi,

I've never been a member of this group but I do have some family members who are still part of it. They live in Alaska. My sister had sent me tapes from this group (Sam Fife) several years ago. Two of her children became very involved in it and moved to Alaska. One of them is out but the other still has his family there. My sister is going there in June. I've known for years that this was a cult and I believe that she knows it now as well.

Much luck and many blessings,

Posted by: kkbird7 ()
Date: February 19, 2006 12:00PM

I am not personally in recovery from this group...but I know alot of people that are. I have seen some good and some bad come from these "communties". Not sure I could handle the amount of control that exist on these farms. The dozen or so people that I know have some wounds, but the having grown up in the "spirit filled" church the wounds do not seem different just more extreme. For example, as a child when you are told Jesus is coming back soon and he does not come back right away you are disheartened. In The Move I have heard stories of them giving an exact date and time of Jesus' return and when that did not happen it created some depression.
My friends sister is still in Alaska. It is very hard to watch the family here miss her so much. When the sister wants to come visit her family the 'elders' have to approve the visit! It just seems that there has to be some brainwashing to get people to agree to being controlled that much...I have also known some to get bitter, some that have to go back, some that are still healing, and others that are just fine and have learned from the experience.
To tell all the stories would take hours...there is a SAM FIFE website that is quite fascinating.

Date: February 28, 2006 01:21AM

Hi: Are you a member of the sam fife yahoo group?

I guess you know who I am if you are??

Just wondering because I had almost forgotten about this site when I got a message regarding a response to a post.

Anyway, hope to talk to you.

angietangerine

Posted by: munkme ()
Date: February 28, 2006 12:07PM

I guess you could say that I am recovering. I was one of the children of this movement. I grew up in both the vermont farm and the minnasota farm. I recently have been on the hunt for more information about my childhood there.

Date: February 28, 2006 09:51PM

Are you interested in a yahoo message board group regarding ex move people and current move people? There is quite a varied mix and it is interesting to hear the stories? You just need a yahoo id and address or you can use any email you wish. Yahoo will let you be anonymous.

Let me know?

angietangerine

Posted by: Wrestler ()
Date: September 13, 2006 02:53AM

I am in full-time ministry and I have been a speaker for the Sam Fife group in Fayetteville, OH, for 15-16 years. I know them very well. I can answer questions for anyone who wants to know about them.

Re: recovery from the Move, Sam Fife, Sapa, Bowen's Mill
Posted by: Escapee007 ()
Date: November 20, 2010 08:33AM

I escaped from "The Move" in 1978. I was on the farm in Peru. I was lucky to get away from them.

Posted by: downey ()
Date: December 19, 2010 01:08PM

I am just wondering who you are and how you know my family.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: December 19, 2010 01:43PM

downey:

People on this message board may wish to remain anonymous, which is their right and prerogative.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.