Women made inferior in groups and sexually shamed.
Posted by: dysfunction ()
Date: March 29, 2005 02:25PM

I would like to know what any of you might know about groups that subject women to sexual abuse. Groups that work on a massive scale to reduce women's self esteems, and make women feel inferior. Written in their texts, written in their holy books, written in their deeds and masses what not...basically dangling the wisdom they have over the woman's head, and then laughing at her because she is not worthy of it, kind of ordeal.

any links on this stuff would be helpful to me and some other women I know who are like me. Because these women are on the rise, and are getting really victimized, thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Waysplusmeans ()
Date: August 30, 2005 05:11PM

dysfunction
I would like to know what any of you might know about groups that subject women to sexual abuse. Groups that work on a massive scale to reduce women's self esteems, and make women feel inferior. Written in their texts, written in their holy books, written in their deeds and masses what not...basically dangling the wisdom they have over the woman's head, and then laughing at her because she is not worthy of it, kind of ordeal.

any links on this stuff would be helpful to me and some other women I know who are like me. Because these women are on the rise, and are getting really victimized, thank you.

Yes! I'll respond in a few days with materials from a destructive cult I left and would appreciate an exchange on this topic!

Thank you and please stand by for information. :D

Date: August 31, 2005 12:57PM

Hello!

In my former cultic environment and interactions via the internet websites I took a controversial stand and posed the very same questions and debated the issue over the violent language cults use depicting women in their theology as inferior and how dangerous sexism and Misogyny is for women, which was met with a barrage of vicious slanderous attacks, threats and character assasination smear campaigns, to sidetrack the validity of the points I had raised.

The women in my former group suffer systematic domestic violence, child abuse, adultry, battered women's syndrome, sexual exploitation, sexual harassment, sex discrimination, polygamy, supported by a weekly required class designed to teach them submission and view their experiences as everything other than abuse. Even more horrifying is the background of the men taught these lessons to view women as inferior and in need of being trained or satan will rule.

I am willing to share aspects of my personal experiences with you and would love to hear of the challenges, survival and recovery stories of other women from cults as well.

Thank you :D

Please feel free to ask questions:

[www.farrakhanfactor.com]

The Position of men and women

The following are notes recorded verb atum From our Leader and Teacher,***************

I begin to quote:

"I have Sister Frances teaching the sisters, and seeing how they cook in the kitchen. I want to see what they have learned. I say you are in class to learn how to take care of home, cooking and taking care of your husbands. A man has no better heaven than a wife, and if he has no heaven there, there is no heaven. Heaven begins in the home. A man is like an ox trying to go out and pull a cart to get something to eat. Yet you will find some of our women will treat the ox better. She would give it a pat on the back. A wife's mind should be to console her husband's mind. We want to prepare better men and women to be wives and husbands. A Woman is the only heaven a man has. Our Saviour said this and said the woman must honor the man and must obey him. A man and woman are like twins before marriage and after marriage are one. Man and woman are part of each other, flesh and blood. Holy Quran states you are created one of each other. Saviour says, 'Brother we control the woman, we are the boss. If you want her to obey you, keep her in the house. If you don't keep her under control she is dangerous. We don't trust her. Satan ruins the woman. He does not want her shut in, but on display. She is hard to train. What is woman for? We got her to work for her and for her to console you. She is to do something in the way of making you feel good to go out tomorrow to work. Otherwise, man is outside looking for peace of mind. No man wants a woman home arguing with him. I'm telling you the truth. I know by experience. Man does not care if he satisfies her or not. He has no spirit for it. Woman, speak a good word for him. whether he works hard or not. Console him. Respect him. When we learn better, we should do better. Man should not wreck the peace of the home by arguing. He should tell her by not acting savage. Don't depart from each other without letting the other know. Be civilized in asking and telling. That's right acting. The man in Islam must change. We must treat her right and we must make her treat us right. Give her what she needs. Provide for her. Tell her if she wants to see what's out, I'll take you around. What does a wife look like telling her husband she has a right to go because he goes. The man always goes out looking as a provider for his wife and family. What does a man look like taking care of a woman who goes where she pleases. She should go where he pleases and it pleases him. Holy Quran teaches "one is an enemy to each other for they are divided". Keep up the happy spirit in the home. Again the woman is to be a consoler in every way; mends his clothes. She is to work to try to please you. Then you'll try to work to please her. This is for all of us.

Newly married and those who have been married. Islam is a peaceful religion. When you become one, one can be one. If you have to take away from one you must turn it into a fraction. If you have become one you should think in terms of one and work in the interest of one. Man and wife in Islam are one. She works to please her husband and he works to please her when he knows he has that kind of wife. God is one, the religion is one and man and wife are one. One and One. Woman must do her part as a wife. Birth children, nurse them and have a peaceful home. This is Islam. We were savages yesterday. Let us be civilized today. Birds show good examples of love toward each other. The worst hell is an icy spirit between husband and wife in a home where there is no peace, no love. This is hell, where two don't want each other. A wise human being who has vision should show more sense than that animal who has no vision. Then, God can smile saying I extend peace to them and they have peace. The Holy Quran states, "I have adjusted your affairs adjustable." And I say to you, nothing is more pleasing than to have peace at home daily. Holy Quran states if you can't get along, I permit you to divorce, but it is not the way of the Lord. Settle down to a good choice, settle down to one who will bring you peace and contentment. Don't speculate; if you can't get along, go. When you come to an agreement, don't pick up embers of it and throw it into a new disagreement. We must learn to live in peace or live out of it. A man and woman are made to make peace for each other, that makes peace for a nation. Woman must always submit and recognize man as the head. Even if the husband is a junky husband yet he is the man. By nature man can't submit to the woman. Holy Quran says woman has equal rights as he has rights over her, But these rights are defined. We are talking about rights now, not authority. Rights are not authority. Holy Quran says he is exalted over you. He is the sustainer over you. He is the authority and woman is subject to the authority. Love makes us humble to the law. If we love each we won't disagree. When you love someone, you love them for yourself. Its the woman who is the 2nd self. Man is the 1st self. When first life germ created in darkness it brought itself into being and became a light of himself and from himself he produced a sphere and mattered it into matter. How could man be a self light? We need that which gives off a light and the lightning bug is in their own light. The God did that to give you a sign. Jehovah made Moses' skin to shine. Electric is in the light and the light is part of us and we created that sun but the sun did not create us. We are self created. Since you can't find the end of light, you can't find the end of God. If you can't understand the source of light you can't understand the source of God. Thank you.

These are notes pertaining to the role between man and woman given by the Honorable ************* in December, Nineteen hundred and sixty seven. (************* Website)

Posted by: dysfunction ()
Date: September 01, 2005 02:44PM

Interesting material you provided. Yes I'm deeply interested in the Muslim tradition of how they view women. Yet now we as Americans are instilling women over there with a new kind of liberation their Koran despises with our clothing stores we are building in Iraq. This should be one interesting contrast to their usual ways of thinking. I bet it blows up in our faces.

I was more along the lines of talking about women who are drawn to cults and the lured by the men in the cults into sexual activity they really don't want to partake in. Then finding themselves being used by the men in the cult, but their need to feel accepted or what ever drove them, whatever need keeps them doing sexual things they don't want to do to stay in the group.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: September 01, 2005 07:22PM

Date: September 05, 2005 09:59AM

dysfunction
Interesting material you provided. Yes I'm deeply interested in the Muslim tradition of how they view women. Yet now we as Americans are instilling women over there with a new kind of liberation their Koran despises with our clothing stores we are building in Iraq. This should be one interesting contrast to their usual ways of thinking. I bet it blows up in our faces.

dysfunction,

Great Topic!

The infomation I contributed to your thread has nothing to do with the religion Islam. It is covert elusive and skillful wording to disgusie its true intent which is to introduce women into a system unaware that has existed based upon the degradation and subjugation of women at the core of its doctrine. (IMO&E) :D

dysfunction
[b:27d788db2f]I was more along the lines of talking about women who are drawn to cults and the lured by the men in the cults into sexual activity they really don't want to partake in. Then finding themselves being used by the men in the cult, but their need to feel accepted or what ever drove them, whatever need keeps them doing sexual things they don't want to do to stay in the group.[/b:27d788db2f]

In your opinion, what kind (type) of women are targeted (singled out) inside these gender discriminating and sexually exploitive cults to serve as wives or mistresses and concubines?

In your research, how important are women (the need) in maintaining a cultic sexually gender oppressing doctrine?

Thank you

Posted by: bonnie ()
Date: October 02, 2005 02:44AM

I find it curious and somewhat frightening that in our society, where we have worked so hard for so long to overcome the gender prejudice of the past, so many cults have arisen that promote objectification and oppression of women.

The cult that I became close to, if not actively involved with, seemed to hold adult women in very low regard indeed.
I recall hearing one high-ranking female member say that when she began her involvement with the cult-in-question, she had been a feminist, and was outraged by the lower status of the women in relationship to the men. But, she told me, after some time with the group she came to realise how irrelevent gender equality really was.(!)

In this particular religious group, children were held in high esteem, on the surface at any rate. Any talent or intelligence displayed by a child was encouraged and developed, so much so that I thought the children were rather spoiled.
After puberty, however, another dynamic came into play. I heard the mothers among the group say more than once that girls should be married off at a young age. This was, I presume, a preventive measure against possible promiscuity and unwed motherhood. Historically, however, arranged marraige, often to older men, was common among followers of this tradition, which derives from East Indian Hinduism.

The role of adult, married women within the group was primarily domestic, and possibly sexual, alhough marital sex was outwardly devalued and discouraged. I was not privy to details of what went on behind closed doors.

Any talents that adult women may have had were ignored or minimized by group members. When I mentioned the exceptional singing voice of one female member, I was told, in front of the woman, that her voice wasn't that great, and it was pointed out that several of the children actually had the more beautiful voices. At the time I thought that this was done to encourage humility, but I now believe that it was in reality a form of oppression.

I found some information on this process of devaluing the talents of the individual on this webpage:
[www.refocus.org]

Biderman's Chart of Coercion
Abusive leaders are frequently uncannily able to pick out traits church members are proud of and to use those very traits against the members. Those with natural gifts in the areas of music may be told they are proud or puffed up or "anxious to be up front" if they want to use their talents and denied that opportunity.
Warning Signs:
Unwillingness to allow members to use their gifts.
Cooking was encouraged for women; cleaning houses was the suggested profession for adult women.
Physical appearance of women seemed to be fairly important, and there was a definite emphasis placed on being slender. Those who were considered to be overweight were criticized for it.
Producing children was encouraged, although the consensus was that children should be sent away to "group" schools for their education.
Young women were permitted, and possibly encouraged, to be flirtatious. I witnessed this being used to draw new men into the group.

This secretive group did not to my knowledge encourage older adult women to become initiated. They did groom young girls, and perhaps boys as well, for initiation into the group. These prospects were praised and encouraged to use their talents within the group, and many were put to work producing promotional materials for the group agenda.

I don't really understand why any American woman would find this kind of situation desirable. Our American culture has been described by many as lacking in "soul", and we seem to have developed a romanticized view of other, more "spiritual" cultural traditions. East Indian culture, in particular, is frequently viewed as being more highly evolved in matters of the spirit, and the harmful results of class and gender stratification are often disregarded in our desire for a more "godly" social model.

I can understand how gender status might seem unimportant to a woman who has joined a religious group or married in order to gain US citizenship, or to escape from poverty. I can't understand why an otherwise intelligent American woman would buy into this type of thinking, however, and fail to see how the oppression of women can be viewed as spiritual.

Posted by: Cult Free Living ()
Date: October 03, 2005 02:24PM

Posted by: Cult Free Living ()
Date: October 13, 2005 03:49PM

Appendix 42 - Women

by Michael Greger, MD and United Progressive Alumni
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"A Woman's View of the DSM":

Not only are women punished (by being diagnosed) for acting out of line (not acting like women) and not only are traditional roles driving women crazy, but also male centered assumptions - the sunglasses through which we view each other - are causing clinicians to see normal females as abnormal.[469]

Spinster

Early in the 20th century, psychiatrists developed a new use for the term "psychopathic." Progressive Era psychiatrists used this diagnosis to label sexually active women and commit them to mental institutions. Typically women committed to the hospital for such "hypersexual behavior" were working class women living on their own who had chosen to forego or delay marriage, or who were widowed or divorced. As one doctor wrote in the Journal of Mind and Behavior, "Psychiatry's response to the new sexual morality of the time was to target it as a mental disease."[470]

I always prefer the scissors - Dr. Isaac Baker-Brown

From a book called The Manufacture of Madness: "To treat masturbation in girls and women, Dr. Isaac Baker Brown, a prominent London surgeon who later became president of the Medical Society of London, introduced, around 1858, the operation of cliteridectomy."[471] From the book Medical Blunders:

Doctors, for reasons best known to themselves, have often reacted with emotional savagery to the thought of female masturbation.... In the mid 19th century... the practice of clitoridectomy... was so well known that it even had a euphemistic term - extirpation.... [It was] gynecologist, surgeon, and self-styled neurologist Isaac Baker-Brown['s]... catch-all remedy for female 'madness'.... Using his little scissors, Baker Brown snipped the clitoris off scores of women... [some of whom who had done little more than indulge in the aberration of 'serious reading.'

After observing one of his patients become a "happy and healthy wife and mother" he mused, "If medical and surgical treatment were brought to bear, all such unhappy measures such as divorce would be obviated."[472]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[469] Kaplan, M. "A Woman's View of the DSM-III." American Psychologist 1983(July):786-791.

[470] Brown, P. "The Name Game." Journal of Mind and Behavior 11(1990):385-406.

[471] Szasz, T. The Manufacture of Madness A Comparative Study of the Inquisition & the Mental Health Movement Syracuse: Syracuse University Press, 1997:191.

[472] Youngson, RM. Medical Blunders: Amazing True Stories of Mad, Bad & Dangerous Doctors New York: New York University Press 1999:290.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.