Samael Aun Weor vs Amorc/Spencer Lewis
Posted by: Keir ()
Date: May 02, 2009 06:39AM

I'm just curious does anyone know of the conflict between the two organizations or individuals?
I have heard of Aun Weor refering to Amorc as "a Black Lodge" (paraphrasing). Apparently Weor apparently had some beef with Amorc.
(Although I see both Weor and Amorc as being cultish. I sorta wonder if they ever borrowed inductrination methods from one another.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2009 06:41AM by Keir.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Samael Aun Weor vs Amorc/Spencer Lewis
Posted by: scaro ()
Date: May 06, 2009 06:34AM

I think it's largely a one way thing as I am not aware of AMORC ever acknowledging or attacking Weor.

It is said that Weor was a disciple of the school of Arnoldo Krum-Heller who was a rival Rosicrucian who set up groups in Spanish-speaking countries and Brazil in the early years of the 20th century.

That group, the Fraternitas Rosicruciana Antiqua, denies that Weor had any valid connection to Krum-Heller, despite Weor's claim otherwise.

FRA also has links to the 'Beverly Hall Rosicrucians' of Pennsylvania (the Fraternitas Rosae Crucis, or FRC), who roundly and vociferously attacked AMORC in the 1930s in the USA as a bogus or inauthentic Rosicrucian group.

It is possible that the teaching of AMORC being a 'black lodge' comes from either Krum-Heller or Reuben Swinburne Clymer of the FRC.

Ben

Posted by: Keir ()
Date: May 07, 2009 08:52AM

scaro
It is possible that the teaching of AMORC being a 'black lodge' comes from either Krum-Heller or Reuben Swinburne Clymer of the FRC.
I will take that as a possibility.

From what I know the mentioning of AMORC by Aun Weor is in his book: "The Revolution of Beelzebub"

Posted by: scaro ()
Date: May 07, 2009 08:08PM

I haven't read his stuff much as I find Weor significantly more cultic than I like. But I have seen many of his quotes about AMORC posted online.

However, Reuben Swinburne Clymer in his mammoth digest The Rosicrucian Fraternity in America, well over 1500 pages I recall, and largely devoted to attacking HS Lewis and AMORC, does refer to AMORC as 'a black lodge'.

In the 40s and onwards, the FRA groups Krum-Heller set up largely allied with Clymer's group.

Krum-Heller had not set up his administrative structure very well and the FRA groups in South American countries were in disarray. So they faced a choice about whether to ally with the OTO or to pitch in their lot with Clymer or maybe even AMORC.

For various reasons they were not in favour of the OTO. I am sure most of the FRA people probably adhered to Krum's view that AMORC was 'bogus', and its teachings would have been a step backwards for them after Krum's writings, but I doubt Krum thought it was 'a black lodge'- that sort of sensationalism sounds very much a Clymer thing.

So they may have adopted that terminology from Clymer.

Ben

Posted by: RickyReiki ()
Date: June 04, 2020 11:35PM

I don’t know if this is the right place to post this but here I go. I am looking to secure all of the Rosicrucian 12 Degree monographs. I am willing to pay for them. Does anyone know were I might look. Thank you, in advance, for your help.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.