Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Sylvia
Posted by: Vic-Luc ()
Date: November 18, 2007 01:20AM

Sylvia... you may want to look into Lamictal. You make find that the reasoning a doctor gave you about Depakote and seizures fits well with this. I understand Cymbalta works well and is fairly fast-acting.

Good luck.

About diet, one thing is a given: you can't control everything. You can induce anxiety to that end. Or suddenly develop an allergic reaction to one of those supplements. The other thing to consider is the synergy in which these dietary things do. One may cause X, but another combined with it may cause Y, something else entirely. It's an equation that you'll pull your hair out trying to get to the bottom to.

The downside: smoking. Switch to nicotine lozenges. Smoking is horrible for bipolar disorder and depression.

Again, good luck!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nutritional Aspect of Recovery - and other recommendations
Posted by: ON2 LF ()
Date: November 18, 2007 05:31AM

Vic-Luc
The downside: smoking. Switch to nicotine lozenges. Smoking is horrible for bipolar disorder and depression.

Can you elaborate a bit Vic-Luc?

Re: Nutritional Aspect of Recovery - and other recommendations
Posted by: Vic-Luc ()
Date: November 22, 2007 11:10PM

ON2 LF
Vic-Luc

Can you elaborate a bit Vic-Luc?

I've been debating whether to try and explaining it simply or going the science route and this is where I'm stuck. Everything I've learned shows that not only does smoking predispose one to future mental illness, it doesn't do anything but exacerbate those that suffer from existing mental illness.

As of 1994, research suggested not discouraging people from smoking if they were depressed. 13 years of neuroscience research later, the opposite is true.

I'll try and find a balance when explaining this. You switch to lozenges with the eventual goal of quitting.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.