baptists
Posted by: rosieposie ()
Date: November 12, 2008 11:20AM

HAS anyone heard of the gospel preachers association i cant find no information on them anywhere i went to one of their churches in wales and it was horrible are they 'cult like' ir just really conservative like the sothern baptists all help an information greatfully recieved rosie x

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: baptists
Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: November 13, 2008 06:46AM

rosieposie,

I could find nothing at the Rick Ross Institute on this group. If they are "really conservative" like Southern (USA) Baptists, I don't know if that would officially qualify as a cult.

What experiences did you have at the Wales location that would lead you to this conclusion?

Best wishes,
Sparky

Re: baptists
Posted by: rosieposie ()
Date: November 13, 2008 07:44AM

i felt as tho i was being manipulated i was told or advised of the clothes i should where was called satanic because i went to a disco in a church and wrong to question sermons as i said to someone i couldnt see anything wrong in using powerpoint in churches or going to christian discos also they were against me because i didnt do tithing all hymns were pre 1940 and was told off for using bible translations other than the kj/av when i asked what was wrong with modern christian music as the instruments are in the bible and that jesus wasnt interested what people wore and if powerpoint helped person to understand the bible and sermons better then why not i was in effect called a satanist i was shouted at and humiliated i said if the bible says to tithe cash money etc then i would or if the bible said whatever then i would do it i asked where in the bible it said about the things he was against he couldnt give me an answer he said as long as i am here there will be no bands in church no this that or the other you conform to my standards and to my opinions when i said i wouldnt conform to mans opinions only that of the bible he went mad i am still shaking after 4 or 5 months i was really scared and i havent been to a church since when this happened there are a few of these gospel prachers association churches in america and a few inn wales and thats it they are headed up by tolbert moore when i asked questions about this association the pastor of this church was very cagey said excuse me and went on to talk with someone else i asked a few times still no good put me off christianity in a big way i can tell you!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.