H. Spencer Lewis or THE ARROGANCE OF THE VANQUISHED in AMORC
Posted by: watching4amorc ()
Date: November 03, 2008 10:13AM

I got this post from the blog of Pierre Freeman the author of "The Prisoner of San Jose"

[www.theprisonerofamorc.typepad.com]

THE ARROGANCE OF THE VANQUISHED

Dr. Robert J. Lifton's Eight Criteria for Thought Reform
Criteria Number 7
Doctrine over person
Doctrine over person. Member's personal experiences are subordinated to the sacred science and any contrary experiences must be denied or reinterpreted to fit the ideology of the group.
===================================================
I described a scene when I was a dishwasher in a restaurant in Florida in The Prisoner of San Jose. At that time, I was a dishwasher, watching the tall waiter in his early twenties, a white guy who I knew to be bright and likeable, have a good-bye drink with his buddies at the bar. As the news came to the kitchen that this was the waiter’s last night before he left to join the Marines, I felt the need to leave my station and walk to the bar where the big guys were having their last drink together. I walked towards him and gave him a handshake, not just to be friend, but because I thought my giving him a protective handshake would help him out in the Marines. As a Rosicrucian, I knew I was more blessed by being closer to God than most people on Earth and I had responsibility of protecting the “not so close to God.” As in every thing in AMORC, a handshake is a mean of transmitting spiritual power. And as a member of AMORC I saw myself as the holder of great spiritual power that the poor waiter did not have.

[www.ThePrisonerofAMORC.com]

Of course, the waiter knew me only as a dishwasher and accepted my handshake with a smile probably meant to signal to his buddies that this was Peter, our dishwasher, somewhat like a slave master might have introduced his servant to his friends. But I didn’t bother about that small point, nor the fact that I was an officer of the Miami Lodge, in deep poverty, poorly supporting his desperate mother and sister in Haiti with a sense of self-esteem that should have been tragically low and sad. But neither my real status in the world nor the arrogant waiter’s smile intimidated me- because I was one of the spiritual protectors of mankind. And needing the blessing of the Egregore, I was more concerned with my spiritual duty than any opinion of myself or of others. So I might neglect making a living or elevating my social status by my actions, but I never would fail, like a spiritual Robin Hood, to protect and give life to those poor outsiders who didn’t know my status as a member of the protected elite of the spiritual world. As a socially and economically vanquished member of AMORC, I still had a sense of arrogance that far exceeded that of the Waiter or his friends.

[www.ThePrisonerofAMORC.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: H. Spencer Lewis or THE ARROGANCE OF THE VANQUISHED in AMORC
Posted by: serapis ()
Date: January 09, 2009 06:13AM

hmmmm amorc doesnt teach "arrogance" so its a problem within this freeman, dont you think??

I dont feel being a supreme being at all or something like that and I am a member since 12 years now; I can leave the order whenever I want and many of my friends did, and none of them ever had problems like you describe ..... sorry but this is the truth!!

So many people project their own problems to others, and its school, church, lifepartners or parents fault if they fail in life;

do you really think its amorc´s fault if somebody looses his job just because of realidn monographs all the time?
I know guys who train kung fu "8 days a week" and loose job because of that ....

Posted by: serapis ()
Date: October 04, 2009 12:41AM

as i stated some weeks before:

also for me it was time to leave the order - in my case it was rather easy as I never was involved that much - but I chanced my mind regarding mind control techniques ....

I have to state here that people totally chanced their behaviour against me, tell i am something like a lost soul, I also heard comments like "i ll never leave the order" or "I cant imagine life without amorc" ...

this really scares me! I never thought like that, I am just interested in mystical teachings; But now i see so many members acting like brainwashed zombies that i begin to think - maybe freeman - "prisoner of amorc website" author - might be right!

I stand for freedom of individuum, for spirituality and democracy .... it scared me off - that members of traditionall martinist order where talking of "theocracy" as the ideal form of government ....they are fully convinced that a theokracy PHYSICALLY would be best for human developement ...

for me it sometimes might be time to join a yoga group, rosicrucian order or whatever, but as my swami told me:

if you cross a river you take a boat .... but you would never take the heavy boat with you on your back when you already crossed the river.... leave all teachings, all techniques, all gurus and organisations behind once you realise you reached the aim ...and he was right ....

I feel sorry for people who stay in a group / order just beacause it is a habbit or they are scared of something new ....

Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: October 04, 2009 11:10AM

This may sound naive and stupid to you guys, but here it is:

I was in De Molay (sp?) which is, for lack of a better term, "junior" Masons for people under 21 years of age. We had hokey nonsense and rituals, but to me and my "brothers" it was all in good fun and we had a blast being in an "exclusive club". I went away (many American States away...) for college and never became a Mason (who are clearly the antichrist from what Southern Baptists seem to claim).

Both AMORC and the Masons seem fairly close. I would dare say that AMORC is in fact a Masonic offshoot.

I never accepted the Masons as having any REAL history or validity while a member.

Here is my question...do AMORC members actually and REALLY believe the CRAPOLA about their origins and magic or are AMORC folk just having a good time spoofing and hanging out?

If most AMORC folks are just Shriners in drag and can't wait to get to the open bar then why are they so defensive about their "history and beliefs".

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.