Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Avoiding real connections with people
Posted by: amba_jay ()
Date: October 18, 2009 10:21AM

about 4 years ago i started going to this church and it was called the potters house, they was really nice to me to start with. and then slowley they started to get on my nerves by telling me what to do eg the people there would tell me to marry my boyfriend who i was living with or dump him so i could stay at that church, and they said i had to choose between the church or my family and friends so if i choose the church and married my boyfriend at the time i could stay at the church, they also started saying if i didnt go and do them things i would go to hell, after i left the church , i had to go to a mental ward , and that was the first time i ended up in a mental ward like ever, thats what sent me there the church cause they brainwashed me that i went mental, after i ended up in the mental ward i found out they put a course on me, and since then i have allways been mentally sick with epilepsy and schizophrenic and dyslexia and paranoia and im still sick from now and i have been to a mental ward 5 times now for different reasons because of that church, so anyone going to go to that church i would be prepared for the worst

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Avoiding real connections with people
Posted by: Mary Struggler ()
Date: October 19, 2009 04:42AM

My sister had major problems. When she was labeled a dissident, leaders started giving her medications. They said they were iron pills, that her problem was anemia. They increased or decreased the pills, using a Physician's Desk Reference as guide along with uncertified medical persons that belonged to the group. Only after her being physically ousted did she find out that the pills were lithium bicarbonate. She was so trusting that she took the pills for four years.

This is one example of control that groups use over its members. If they administered medications to you, in order to help you be a more productive member, that to me is highly suspicious activity. Fortunately, my sister is doing well. Another member that they drugged was not so lucky, having been on medications for almost ten years. When a new leader assumed control, the woman was dropped off on a corner and abandoned. Last I heard, she was still at Bellevue.

Please ask your doctors to consult with qualified exit counselors and other cult experts. If your group did give you drugs, that may help with the doctors' treatment courses (even if you don't know what the pills were). If not, then you can at least rule that out but they can explore other aspects that may help. Good luck.

Mary Struggler

Options: ReplyQuote
Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.