12th Temple degre in AMORC Strange exercise
Posted by: Michael Jones ()
Date: April 19, 2008 11:31AM

Hi All,

I was a member of AMORC for many years. One of the exercises that was given to me when I reach the 12th temple degre was called "Exercise d'Adombrement" (the word is French).

In this exercise members are to choose a President of a Country and mentally have that president assume the member state of mind and mentally influence that president to take a decision in the direction that the member wants him to.

As absurd as this may sound to an outsider I have spend a great amount of energy practicing this exercise when I was myself in desperate need of the most basic necessities in life.

Please anyone share your feedback with me on this subject.

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 12th Temple degre in AMORC Strange exercise
Posted by: Keir ()
Date: April 29, 2008 04:45PM

What is the degree system in AMORC???? (I just wanted to get a reference point on the significance of 12th temple degree).

I hope I make sense.

Date: May 01, 2008 05:13PM

I think there is a posted on this site about a book "The Prisoner of San Jose" by Pierre Freeman that gives many information about AMORC.

AMORC has one Mandamus section which is a sery of 9 monographs or small booklet (of about 10 pages) that member suppose to read one per week.

then there is the neophyte section which has 3 degrees. Each degre has about 8 to 12 monographs again to be read one per week.

But because of the exercises involve and the requirement to be successful in these impossible exercises, members can easily spend two to three years before completing the neophite section.

Then there is the Temple degree section that have 12 temple degree. With the highest degree being the 12 temple. There is an initiation before each degree from the Neophite section to the 12 temple degree.

It take a good 15 to 20 years to a member that take AMORC teaching seriously to reach the 12th temple degree.

At that level you are fully brainwash and may not have a way out of the cult.

Posted by: Keir ()
Date: May 03, 2008 08:23AM

Thanks Michael for the information. That clears things up.

Michael Jones
Totally True. You become so indoctrinated & branwashed. And its difficult to leave feeling that you have dedicated so much of your life at that point only to find you have been mislead.

Posted by: Nerveno ()
Date: May 18, 2008 10:38PM

Michael, I hate to argue but you are wrong on some of your assumptions about AMORC.

Firstly:
But because of the exercises involve and the requirement to be successful in these impossible exercises, members can easily spend two to three years before completing the neophite section.

This is true in a sense, but isnt that true for anything, example if you are training in a martial arts class, you will be required to learn certain moves, if you cannot learn them you could spend years learning. This is not a problem as in the end it will advance you, and the exercises listed in the monographs are not impossible, people are developed at different stages, some may take longer, some may take shorter, but the important point is that if you cannot be successful you move on and keep trying the exercises, AMORC does not tell you you cannnot advance until you complete the exercises.

Secondly:
Then there is the Temple degree section that have 12 temple degree. With the highest degree being the 12 temple. There is an initiation before each degree from the Neophite section to the 12 temple degree.

There are degrees after the 12th degree firstly, and yes there are initations but they are in way brainwashing, as explained on AMORC's site they are ritual dramas, ancient egpytians used them all the time, but of course the initations are optional, you do not need to do them at all. AMORC does not force you to take part only that they recommend it. Although they do ask you to do the home initiations which I do not see how they can brainwash you either.
[www.rosicrucian.org] - More information on initation.

Thirdly:
It take a good 15 to 20 years to a member that take AMORC teaching seriously to reach the 12th temple degree.

If this a negative point, I do not understand how you can say that, considering everything someone wants to aspire to may take even longer. Example would be our education we take as a child, that takes 13 years, and if we go to university we can increase that time by up to an extra 4/5 years!

Lastly:

Of course there is, you just do not study the monographs or attend anything they ask you as well as writing a letter asking to cancel your affliation with the order, you are not brainwashed, as I have mentioned in a previous post that I have a friend who has been a member for 30 years, he has not left but knows for a fact that he can leave at any time. There is no way they can keep you in the order.
Its not a religion or a cult, there are no dogmas.

I am here to discuss this subject further if anyone wants too.
Best Wishes.
Nerveno.

Date: May 27, 2008 10:55AM

Nerverno,

I did not login for a while and I am happy to see AMORC has done a great job of getting into your brain.

Of course AMORC (or any other cult for that matter), can never make the statement or acknowledge that members are not free to leave their organization. It would be illigal and you should at least know that when a cult write their litterature of prime importance to them is the need to convey the impression of acting within the limit of the Law.

I am currently reading "The Prisoner of San Jose" by Pierre Freeman. I think you should check out this book. He explained that in 1987, he resigned from AMORC for one week and found himself homeless the following day. He explains a concept call "Phobia Indoctrination" in which members and ex-members of cult are brainwash into thinking that bad thing happens to them when they live the cult. Of course in rejoined AMORC after one week and was entrapped until 2007

As to the question that members are free to move on to the next exercise when they cannot complete a previous one,
you either never do the exercises or you are lying to people that do not know about AMORC.

AMORC provide the exercises in such a way that any "serious" student will not move forward when they cannot complete a previous exercise. Be careful the key word her is "serious". For I know many members that never even read these monographs. For the serious student this is exactly what put them into a circle where they constantly revolving in one place for long time.

For example Temple Degre 12 monography # 1 Page 5 requires that members do an exercise for which they have to practice an exercise in monography # 31 of Temple Degre 9.

The exercise of Temple Degre 9 Monography # 31, That exercise require the practice of an exercise in Temple degre 5. and the cycle continue until you are sent back to the Neophite section....

As to your example of Martial Art class this is taken right from a monograph I have read in Temple degre 1.

Make sure you send a letter to the Grand Lodge of AMORC asking them to give you spiritual credit for defending AMORC.

Oh! I forgot, you do not have to send letter.

According to AMORC even your most secret thought are known by the invisible masters of AMORC. So true that AMORC tell members that if they have any problems or found anything they think is wrong with the monograph or with the "Perfect AMORC teaching", do not even bother writing do their Grand Lodge for by the time you figure out there is a problem the invisible Master of AMORC already know of the problem and the problem is already solved.

It is about time that the Whole world know about AMORC and its lies.

FRC L:.L:.L:.

Posted by: Nerveno ()
Date: June 13, 2008 08:35PM

You say about acting within the limit of the law. Thats true for anything really. When you think about it.
Also, i notice that you have 3 L's as well, correct me if im wrong but that belongs to Argenteum Astrum and the rule is "Do what thou will wiith the whole of the law"
Is that not a cult in your eyes too?

And the "Phobic" effect you mentioned is human nature, of course if you believe its a cult then that happens you will believe it was to do with AMORC. Relating again to real life if you believe someone is going to set fire to your house and it did catch fire you would believe it was that person. If of course it wasnt your fault.

Your next comment is not true. I consider myself to be a very serious student, recently i have been doing an exercise, i have not been 100% successful, but i have moved but do it every study period. Why if you move on are you not serious. That, sounds like a cult. And AMORC do not say that. Everyone is different some might choose to not move on until they master an exercise thats not AMORC's fault.

And of course you referring to an exercise requiring the mastery of another again. I will refer to martial arts, you will call upon another technique you learnt earlier. Again thats the same in life, education, work. You will hear the words "Leave it and come back to it later" Its only because its an order that most of the general population are not part of that it becomes a cult.

And if my example is in a monograph it doesnt matter really?

Lastly, the "invisble masters" of course i do not know enough to comment. However if that were true surely they wouldnt of let the book you spoke of be published.

Do not take that mans book as the whole truth, we interept things for what they seem to be rather than what they are, that is a true fact many non amorc members will agree.
What he may leave out is how he lost his house because he spent money on material items. Or something.

I could cite real life examples to anything that you've mentioned. But in the end people believe what they want. I find it hard to understand how just because it is not a religion full of dogmas and messiahs that cured lepers and achieved some sort of illumination yet do not tell its followers how to achieve it. Or it is not something the general populus belongs to its a cult.

Think outside the cult accusation and you will see what you mentioned about AMORC relates to real life too.

Posted by: Yelgim ()
Date: May 22, 2009 03:33AM

I was wondering if you could tell me how many Master Monographs are in the new Christian Bernard Style Monographs

I have been told Degree 10 contains 40 MM (not counting non Master Monographs) Degree 11 67 MM

In my old style Monographs Degree 10 has 97 MM ( 87 MM in Gary Stewarts Version) Degree 11 has 167 MM and Degree 12 has 325 MM

Any info would be appreciated.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.