Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Book released exposing AMORC as a cult
Posted by: peterhughes73 ()
Date: March 20, 2008 10:44AM

A friend sent me this website that has a book released by an ex-member of AMORC explaning why AMORC is a cult.

The site is

www.ThePrisonerOfSanJose.com

The book is published by Wheatmark.

I just read the chapter outline on the webpage and will more likely order this book soon

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Book released exposing AMORC as a cult
Posted by: Keir ()
Date: April 29, 2008 04:54PM

I gotta get myself a copy.

Now they have to write one for Samael Aun Weor, Joy of Satan, Gurdjieff, Order of Nine Angels and a few other groups.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2008 04:55PM by Keir.

Date: May 01, 2008 04:48PM

I am still reading the book (now in chapter 6 Diary entries). The guy went thru "hail" and did not or could not quit the organization.

I am guessing AMORC will sue him.

Date: May 02, 2008 06:11AM

I want to make a correction:

I am guessing he will sue AMORC for enslaving him for 24 years.

Date: May 03, 2008 08:17AM

Thanks for the info Peter.
Theres seem to be troubling trend of these type of groups.

Posted by: Nerveno ()
Date: May 18, 2008 10:25PM

I would like to defend AMORC here guys,

Despite what he has gone through I do not see how AMORC is a brainwashing cult.

I myself am i member currently in the first Atrium.
I also know a few members who have been member for 30 years +

We are not brainwashed or likewise have not lost anything, I think this is partially down to human nature, if someone believes so hard that this can give them what they want they will give up everything in the pursuit of what has been said.

AMORC has not promised me any answers, enlightenment or anything, they are simple giving me the material for me to study.
Naturally when someone learns something new such as a karate class or bodybuilding class, if you are really into it you will have to sacrifice a few things.

Also a slight criticism to the authour, if he hated AMORC etc, why does he still put "FRC" after his name? Why would he want to put that there? Surely he would want to leave it all behind.

The monographs are not here to brainwash you, my friend told me that if there is anything I cannot possible believe then I am free to disgard it, and thats what I do, the exercises are needed to be completed but again this is true in anything you are training for is it not?

I am ready to discuss this subject with anyone, and likewise I am prepared to be banned if that is the case. But I don't see why I would be.

Best Wishes.
Nerveno.

Posted by: Michael Jones ()
Date: May 27, 2008 11:16AM

Neverno,

I just post another reply to your other post. I thought you were a long time member. You are just in the first Atrium. Your example of "karate class or bodybuilding class.." are everywhere in the rosicrucian monograph. You should know that if AMORC told you the truth at this point you will simply quick. They must lie in order for them to find their victims.

As it is early in your seach of spiritual enlightment, just read some books outside of AMORC. Read the Prisoner of San Jose by Pierre Freeman. Do it quick, for soon AMORC has very slick method of "discouraging" members from reading anything critical of AMORC

The fact that the man put FRC in his name is nothing. I often put FRC L:.L:.L:. in my name too. Steven Hassan in one of his writing said that when you leave a cult you must be able to take the good and let go of the not so good and the bad.

In your monograph Neophite section (I believe monography # 6) you will see that AMORC told you that "going into Celestial Sanctum is optional "

Now five or six monographs letter here is AMORC own statement "All contact with the Cosmic are done at the level of the Celestial Sanctum"

What about that "you are free"

Since you do not know yet let me tell what that statement means:"No, I will not tell you. Have the courage to take and read with an open mind so you can realize yourself"

As to someone that was a member of AMORC for 30 years, it does not mean anything. I am sure you heard of people that join the Mafia and stay for longer. I am sure you heard of people that stay involve in crimes for longer.

So, I wish the best but please do not wait like me for 15 years to figure out AMORC.

FRC L:.L:.L:.

(the sight above does not mean a thing to me). I put it here so that if someone happen to know about AMORC they will realize that I know about AMORC, I do not want them to think that I am not just a Neophyte talking about AMORC

Date: June 13, 2008 08:45PM

Bit of a dig at the end there eh?

I would like you to read my last post in the other thread.

Also, im not early, i have practising many things ive learnt in AMORC before i joined.

Date: June 16, 2008 01:51AM

Oh yes and I forgot to mention some things in your post.

Just because you do put FRC in your name does not mean you are a long standing member of AMORC.
If I put FRC in my name you would think that I am a longstanding member? When in fact I could be a Neophyte, I could even not be part of AMORC.

And yeah while attuning with the Celestial Sanctum is optional, even though all contact with the Cosmic is done at the level of the Celestial Sanctum, it just means that if you do not wish to attune with the Cosmic, then you don't go into the Celestial Sanctum.

Date: June 16, 2008 11:37PM

I think its wise to here the critiques and criticism of any groups.
From there at least you can make a better assesment of a group.
Groups that supress any criticism & disention members are the ones that one should be really suspicious about.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.