Looking for Survivors Of Word Of Life/Eilers Cult /Midwest
Posted by: IMASurvivor ()
Date: May 22, 2007 07:23AM

Looking for other survivors of the midwest (NE) based religous cult headed by Cora and Stan Eilers

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: midwest.momma ()
Date: June 03, 2007 09:15PM

I did not belong to this group, as I recognized them as a destructive cult when a friend I had known many years joined.

My concern now is with my daughter, whom my ex has brainwashed into believing she needs to attend Word of Life Bible Institute in New York.

It sent warning bells off when my daughter mentioned it was "out in the middle of nowhere". I went on their website and felt like I had been punched in the gut. They have CULT written all over them.

I want to save my daughter from going down this path. SHe is fragile mentally and I fear the worst if she were to go to this "college".

Any help you can give will be most appreciated.

Posted by: IMASurvivor ()
Date: June 05, 2007 08:00AM

Im not sure that the Word Of Life that I was affiliated with has any involvement in New York. The main body was in Sioux City Iowa, with satelite bodies in Albion NE, Hoskins NE, Fremont NE.
The "church" had very stranget practices when it came to Bible studies and 'divine' revelations.

Posted by: midwest.momma ()
Date: June 18, 2007 09:40PM

IMA survivor--

I received your PM, but am unable to reply due to not having ten posts online.

I don't know whether the cults are related, but I can tell you that "New Life' churches all sprang up like daisies around the same time.

I'd rather not say which state I'm in, only in the Midwest. And not in Iowa.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.