Current Page: 16 of 19
George Geftakys
Posted by: david mauldin ()
Date: November 19, 2002 09:17AM

Hey Dave whats' with all the distrcation/interruptions/contradictions? Just a minute, I need to go take my Zoloft. O.K. I'm back.
Look I dont want to argue with you O.K? Sure there are a lot of things I don't understand. I'll just go and ask the brothers about these seemingly contradictions yet on second thought whenever I ask them about these things they seem to take it wrong. Like I'm trying to expose them or something? So I guess I'll just trust the Lord and he will take care of it.

Options: ReplyQuote
George Geftakys
Posted by: joe sperling ()
Date: November 19, 2002 09:51AM

No matter how hard I try I just can't be an overcomer
member. I want to be an overcomer member, but I guess
I'm just not godly enough yet. Maybe one day I can be an
overcomer member when I'm deemed worthy enough. But I'll really have to be faithful or I might wind up in outer member darkness where those unfortunates are who once visited this board faithfully, but who forsook this site and now moan and cry in member limbo. Let this not happen to me--may I continue and be an overcomer member--I know I'm just a junior member now, but one day may I stand with the other overcomer members who have faithfully posted day by day and have earned the right to be called an overcomer member. --Joe

George Geftakys
Posted by: Mark Campbell ()
Date: November 19, 2002 10:40AM

Hi Dave,
You put it very well! You show the confusion in the teaching and how it can lead to anti-depressants in one's life. I heard after leaving that many in Fullerton were being encouraged to take "beta-blockers" due to being diagnosed by Betty as depressed; is this true?
The geftakysassembly.com website was having a few problems with the bulletin board, but all seems to work now.
God Bless, Mark

George Geftakys
Posted by: terry huffman ()
Date: November 19, 2002 08:12PM

Joe:
Have I got a shortcut for you!
Tell everyone you have a "burden," write a few letters (resumes)to key people, and make a large donation anonymously(but not too, the recipient needs to know who you are and the size of your "burden"). Soon everyone who is anyone will realize and acknowledge your delegated "worthiness."

Simply make out your check to :

Ecclessia(sic) Unincorporated

George Geftakys
Date: November 20, 2002 01:39AM

Are Randy and Jenny Sutten still around? Bill Bradbury? Mike, Meg Gliesner? Joe Dearman?

George Geftakys
Posted by: ex-Geftakys ()
Date: November 20, 2002 11:03PM

Hi Joe

Joe I will lobby to give you overcomer recognition status..if you just register with the new board! What do you say? Amen.

Dave,

All of the folks you mention above are still around and are some stalwart workers, etc. with one exception, who is still a "saint."

Brent

George Geftakys
Date: November 20, 2002 11:57PM

Joe I use get discouraged because I compared myself to Mark and Brent but now I look at it this way at least I "Post" once in a while yet there are somewhere between 100 and 300 people who dont "Post" at all. They are in "Cyberdarkness" While I am in the light and "In Fellowship" The fact that I am still here means that there is still HOPE for me.

George Geftakys
Posted by: ex-Geftakys ()
Date: November 21, 2002 10:34AM

Yeah Joe, what Terry said.

Send me a donation, cash only. All of it will be used for a good purpose.

Brent

George Geftakys
Posted by: joe sperling ()
Date: November 21, 2002 11:52PM

When I was in the Assembly they had what was called the
"Cycle of Devotion"--I was just wondering if they still used that term or is it called something else now? It was based on Psalm 51 and supposedly had secret powers if you did it correctly--or at least that is what we were led to believe. I got tired of it though because it seemed so repititious--like reading prayers out of a prayer book instead of saying your own. Just thought I'd ask.

take care, Joe

George Geftakys
Date: November 22, 2002 03:09AM

Joe I think your relucatance to post is due to the fact that you are "Post trib".

Current Page: 16 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.