Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
just escaped
Posted by: rmd ()
Date: September 26, 2003 04:14AM

Has anyone heard of New Harvest Christian Fellowship (NHCF) in Norwalk, CA? The Senior Pastor is Richard Salazar. They have other churches in California, England and 1 in Chili and 1 in Russia.

After reading some of the postings about Calvary Chapel, I decided to ask about NHCF. It is a VERY authoritian church. I would say spiritually abusive! Most people who 'escape' do not want to share their story. Because they believe (as they are taught) "Do not touch God's annointed" and think some horrible curse will come upon them if they say anything. They think that 'God will expose New Harvest"; not realizing God might want to use them to expose everything.

There is no accountability in New Harvest. Richard Salazar is the Leader and makes all decisions including what is to be done with the money. No one gets to see the books. They don't follow any labor laws, including paying their employees less than minimum wage. I know a lot because I worked there for 8 (depressing) years. Thinking I had to stay to be in the will of God.

I recently left. However, I am still trying to find a Church that is not controlling.

I am looking for a way to truly expose them. I'm not trying to 'get back at them'; I want them stopped! I just want people to realize they can come forward and they can get help. God does not want them in an unhealthy environment.

Options: ReplyQuote
just escaped
Posted by: Shalom Shalom ()
Date: July 19, 2004 08:53PM

Just wanted to say congratulations for standing strong. I hope everything continues along a healthy spiritual path for you.

Good luck in finding the church or spirituality / religion that is right for you!

Re: just escaped
Posted by: immps ()
Date: November 09, 2009 02:26AM

hi i also escaped from that church. i stared to go when i was 15 yeahs old. i came from a brocken home which they had no problem playing on. they were controlling and everthing i did or said was know by the leaders. they gave my the secne of family that i never had which is way i stayed for so long, for over ten years.

i knew something was not rigth but could not put my finger on it. i was always praying and reading my Bible which was a good thing as i belive God was trying to show me something. everything was kept behide closed doors, they told us not to talk to otheir churchs and not to have any none christain friends. as they just confuse us and there belives. everything they did was to keep us under control and away from people who may try to open our eyes. even dating men would go to the leaders befour getting to know you. once dating you could not sit together, hold hands, kiss or call each otheir on the phone with out someone being there. men use to ask me to marry them out of the blue. when i said no the learder told me i was leading them on even when sometimes i never even talked to them befour.

Women was made to feel secound class, as most of the teachings were about women trying to temp men to Sin and all we did was talk anout people behide theres backs. if someone left we was told not to talk to the and to cut them off as they would also lead us to Sin.

i stared to date someone from a diffrent church, when the learders found out i was called into the office. i was told i was sinning and that sex is a sin. but this boy was a chirtian himself and we never had sex and i never had sex in my life but they did not what to see that. i was told off for everything they ever througt i did wrong inclueding for the men who ask me out. i was told not to talk to any of the males in church. i could not belive it they were trying to ban me from talking. this was the thing i could not put my finger on. now i knew i was not going againt God by leveing and that this was his wake up call for me. i lft and found a new church and even got married.

Posted by: tracicherise ()
Date: November 12, 2009 11:44AM

Hello I am Traci Salazar YOUR EX PASTOR'S DAUGHTER.... you know richard salazar from new harvest yah him. Okay first off MY CHURCH is not authoriative okay?! They follow the principles from the B.I.B.L.E you know what that is right?? Okay and the whole people escaping not wanting to tell their story yah it's because IT'S A LIIIEEEE! Alright that's why! Okay and you don't touch God's annointed it's in the bible dear alright. So if New Harvest was really that bad then.... wouldn't he have already exposed it???? Ahahaa! Okay now for the whole no accountability and all alright there are a board of chairmen there that actually do make decisions to oh yah and we have accountants and auditors who see all the books because YOU CHURCH PEOPLE love to talk so we make sure that everyone knows that companies get to see our books.. now you think that if you'd worked there for 8 years you would know that right?! Oh yah and we don't pay under minimum wage darling okay we pay minimum wage and OVER MINIMUM WAGE.... the only reason you probably made minimum wage was because you didn't finish high school but it's okay I'll forgive you for that and God will to hun okay okayyy and if it was so depressing you could have left! Many people come and go my parents are okay with it they don't care honestly. By the way congratulations for stopping us cause our attendance has grown since you've left... like the bible says.... "HE CLEANSE HOUSE, ONE WILL LEAVE AND I SHALL SEND TEN FOR IT'S PLACE" So thank you so much you've actually helped us instead of hurting us =D May God have mercy on you honestly and may he bring you to repentance and soften your heart. It hurts me and breaks my heart hearing you talk about my church and father like that and all we want is for respect. I ask that you will just move on and leave us alone, we don't talk about you and your parents so I would like for you to just respect us, you don't have to like us but respect us. I'm sorry if I or my family has done anything to you but please just leave us alone.

Traci Salazar

Posted by: tracicherise ()
Date: November 12, 2009 12:06PM

Okay to immps whoever you are LOL! This is pastor richard's daughter Traci. I don't know who you are and I would like to know but my church is so not controlling LOL! Okay nothing is kept behind closed doors clearly! They didn't tell us not to talk to other church's because I have friends from other church's okay and this is my parents we are talking about and they let me go to a calvery chappel youth service concert and they didn't even care seriously LOL! I do not know where you are getting this from?? I would like to know if you don't mind. They don't mind if you have non christian friends they just don't want you to be influenced I know I go to college and I have non christian friends and I'm not gonna lie it's hard but they just want you saved and serving God. We don't confuse you and our beliefs there is nothing confusing about it! Please tell me what's confusing. Ahahahaahaa!! I'm sorry I have to laugh about the we keep you under control and away from people who open your eyes hahahaa! Okay please tell me when and where?! Okay now as for the dating... The reason why it would go to the PATORS NOT LEADERS is so someone could hold you two accountable so you won't mess up and get pregnant or STD and I don't think you want that right? Now as for holding hands and kissing is because it opens the door for temptation to come in and make you want to have sex. Now if a leader told you you were leading them on then you should have gone to a pastor's wife and talked to them and told them what was going on they would have helped you. The last time I checked I didn't feel second class and all the women in there either... all the rules for dating makes you respect yourself and hold yourself in a high standard it's common sense really not to be mean you just have to really think about it. You don't want to sell yourself short to just any guy you know? Now I don't know who you've been hanging out with over there but if they were talking about people behind their backs then it's called new friends.. hey there is nothing wrong with that trust me LOL. Now if someone left the church and you still talk to them they don't care they just don't want them to influence you... you just have to becarefull that's all. Okay now.... if you date someone from a different church they don't care but if your having sex than yeah! LOL! I don't know which pastor you talked to but I'm very sorry if they did tell you off honestly I am I get told off all the time don't feel bad I'm not perfect trust me. I'm very sorry for whatever they supposably did wrong but I would appreciate it if you would not talk about my father and his church. It hurt me and broke my heart when I googled his name and had to see this. I am just asking for some respect for my family. You can contact me I don't mind and I won't do anything to upset you I would just like to talk and apologize. Thank you.

Traci Salazar

Date: November 13, 2009 12:52AM

hay thats sounds great and everything. but i went there for 15 years. and yes of couse you are going to say that, what dauter would not. you did not see everything. and i think its unfair to call someone a lier. am still a christain for craying out loud and what i say is the what happen to me. why would i make it up, an i dont think you can make something like that up. and plus spend my time doing it. i have also told my new pastor and leaders what happen and they also said that it was wrong and they twisting the Bible. i know the bible and know these things also. and ur wrong about them caring if u see people from otheir church, they mine alots to the point they tryed to stop me. what does that say. there are many people who have left there and also people in england who i still take to. this sit is for people to talk about what happen to them and not to be called liers. and i will still talk about it to otheirs and my friend who have also had a hard time there. thank you very much for your concern. but am better of with out help from people from your church thanks

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: November 13, 2009 01:09AM

What safeguards exist at New Harvest Christian Fellowship (NHCF) in Norwalk, CA?

Is there a democratically elected board, which serve fixed terms, that can discipline and if necessary fire the pastor?

Is there an independently audited financial statement that discloses in detail all the church finances, such as salaries, compensation and all expenses paid out from church funds?

Are such safeguards within the church bylaws?

Is there any denominational or a church federation that provides oversight?

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: November 13, 2009 01:10AM

tracicherise:

Please don't post personal insults or engage in name calling here. This is prohibited by the rules you agreed to when you joined this message board.

Date: November 13, 2009 02:14AM

There are no safe guards and they don't answer to anyone

Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: November 13, 2009 08:41AM

tracicherise,

You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar. Please be more kind to past members of your flock on this site. What people write of their experiences is not necessarily a personal attack on your parents or yourself.

As the daughter of the pastor you may or may not have been shielded from the experiences of the rank-and-file members.

This is a safe-zone for people to express themselves and their experiences. This site is closely moderatered (which is a good thing) and slanderous unfounded charges against an organization are not tolerated anymore than bullying against ex-members from group-members or group supporters ('apologists') attempting to silence dissent.

In my opinion, you came on a little strong on the ex-members and I would beg you to let them feel safe to voice their opinions. No organization can boast 100% in customer satisfaction.

I am interested in your awaited response to rrmoderator, however, in your answers to his queries:

QUOTE FROM RRMODERATOR:

What safeguards exist at New Harvest Christian Fellowship (NHCF) in Norwalk, CA?

Is there a democratically elected board, which serve fixed terms, that can discipline and if necessary fire the pastor?

Is there an independently audited financial statement that discloses in detail all the church finances, such as salaries, compensation and all expenses paid out from church funds?

Are such safeguards within the church bylaws?

Is there any denominational or a church federation that provides oversight?

UNQUOTE

Thank you in advance for your timely response...
Sparky

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2009 08:44AM by Sparky.

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.